Ever drawn your gun?

QUAAAAIIIIIDDD - 
TGP - The thread on your daily carry guns has got me thinking about situations where you may have had to draw them.
I live in the UK so obviously I have no stories to tell as we pretty much can't even own a gun let alone carry one.....
I don't want a debate on gun laws or the difference between US and European gun crime stats, I was just wondering how many of you have had cause to draw your guns while going about your daily life. Phone Post 3.0

Nobody comes to my house uninvited. Everytime I get a knock at the door past 8pm. Phone Post

Also THIS. Several times (I also live in the country on 10 acres, and had a break-in,so yeah. Absoultely this. 

Onikage - I don't think people from the UK/Australia have a decent understanding of the type of criminal an American with a concealed weapon is defending themselves against.

These aren't scrawny pale skinned 20 year olds wielding a swiss army knife in their jogging pants. We have real, scary villains over here, and they're already armed.
For some reason I get the feeling you don't get along well with others. Phone Post 3.0

i made a similar threada while ago asking if anyone ever fired, drew, or brandished their firearm in a real life situation

one OGer posted some story of an angry customer that was about to try and gut him with his hunting knife...the only thing that saved the guy from being shot by said OGer was the dudes buddy that bumrushed/tackled his friend to the ground

pretty nuts for that to go down in a sporting goods store

Sorry for the frat and it might not even apply, but a friend of mine was watching another friends house/dogs for the day.

Girl knocks on the door asking to use a phone, broad daylight too, he says he didnt have one.
Which was stupid but true.
20 minutes later another knock and as soon as he goes to open the door it gets kicked in, two dudes and the chick.

One guy has a pistol amd rushes my buddy knocking him in the back of the head with it and putting him in the bathroom.
They searched the house and ended up with like an xbox and a bowl or something.
Anyway I guess they didnt know what to do next because the guy with the gun and the girl went back to the bathroom putting the gun to the back of my buddys head, meanwhile he is pleading wi th them to just leave he has kids and all. He doesn't have any kids lol.
The girl keeps screaming to just shoot him and bounce but instead the guy hits my buddy with the butt of the gun again, grab the dog and left.

Buddy goes to hospital got some staples in his head.
Called the cops and told them everything, then like 4 or 5 of us started riding around looking for them and sure enough like 3 hours later the girl and guy and walking behind a save a lot.
We kinda pulled up and dude got sketch and walking towards us, thinking he still had the gun we called the cops and just kept driving around them.

2 minutes later the cops had guns drawn on them and they are face down in the parking lot with me and my dumbass friends yelling at them drivng away.

Anywhoo
Got the dog back
Girl got probation guy got some time
My buddy fully recovered and we got the dog back.

TLDR Phone Post

And on top of all that the gun turned out to be a pistol pellet gun.
Heat of the moment im sure it was convincing. Phone Post

stevekt -

Lol I was soooo gonna! Phone Post

I carried for 2 years in FL (illegally, but whatever) bc everyone had fucking pit bulls. Like EVERYONE.

So one day my wife and I and the dog (Shiba Inu) step out to the street to go on a walk. Well I'm in the front and I hear my wife say my name and as soon as she said it I knew something was wrong. I turn around and there is a fucking pit bull coming down the middle of the fucking road. I put myself between the dog and my wife.

I carried a Beretta 9mm with hollow points in the small of my back under my shirt. I pulled it out of my pants but kept it behind me to not draw anymore attention than I had to. My mind is going a hundred miles per hour.

First thought - I'm going to jail if I have to fire this thing.

Second thought - this hollow point is gonna make a mess of this dog.

So I decide I'll wait for it to lunge at us and I'll shoot it. It gets closer, closer, closer.... and it begins.

Licking the shit out of us including the dog! This little fucker just wanted some friends. So we let it walk with us around the block. Turns out it was a neighbors dog that dug under the fence to freedom. Nice little pooch! Crisis averted!

Other than that time Ive never drawn it thankfully. Im also a big MFer so I think that helps in people making a target of shenanigans most of the time.

TGP - 
Onikage - I don't think people from the UK/Australia have a decent understanding of the type of criminal an American with a concealed weapon is defending themselves against.

These aren't scrawny pale skinned 20 year olds wielding a swiss army knife in their jogging pants. We have real, scary villains over here, and they're already armed.
As I said....... I'm not up for a debate on cross atlantic gun policy. I personally think there are pros and cons for both countries policies and laws. Given the choice I would carry if I was legally allowed.
Your comments on the criminals that the UK and Australia face though are plain stupid. Phone Post 3.0

No to be insulting but we do have social issues that other countries do not understand. You would think that as the biggest economy in the world we would be the most educated. We have a drug problem that we cannot control, the highest percentsage of people in jail.....

Look at Austrailia, before the ban they had less than 600 gun murders a year. Chicago alone (where guns are banned) had 500 last year. We would love to have a high of 600 for the entire country.

Politically, the sound of a slamming cell gets applause, setting up intervention programs that would make our country better does not.

A politician has two jobs, get elected then get re-elected.

I thought I might have to one time. I was with a friend in Newport, KY and he needed to stop at an ATM. He found one close to where we were going and he got out while I parked the car. By the time I came around the corner a guy came up behind him. He was a sketchy looking white dude. Neck tattoo, flat bill hat, big chain, baggy clothes... I'm about a half block away and the guy is standing WAY too close to my friend and looking all around. I thought, great as soon as he puts in his PIN this dude is going to try something. My buddy turned around and made eye contact with the guy and he took two big steps backward and then walked off. The end. Lol Phone Post 3.0

TACKLE - 

When I was working as a Corrections Officer I went into McDonalds with my 2 youngest kids, 3 and 6 years old at the time. I recently released inmate was sitting with two other men, he looked at me, said something in spanish to his buddies and they all three got up and acted like they were going to come at me. I reached behind me to my .40 in my waistband and shook my head and silently worded "NO" to the parolee. They all stopped, backed up and sat down. 

I swear I was heart beat from drawing down on them and yelling for them to get on the floor. Freaks me out to know how close I came to lighting up a Mickey Dee's/ 

We left right away and went somewhere else. 

My and I both carry, and she use to work in the state prison. Drug & alcohol counselor. Lots of inmates had requiored drug & alcohol counseling as part of their release conditions, and if the inmate didn't sign up or didn't attend the meetings then they didn't get out on their minimum date. and naturally they'd blame my wife.

we talked it over several times. She finally decided that if she ever saw a former "client" walking down the street that she'd cross to the other side of the road to give thm a wide passage. And if they crossed the street to follow her then she'd put two in their chest, and worry about everything else later.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

slondeau -

I have... a few times.. but let me explain.

1st time, I am in Michigan and in Real Estate. Im an investor. I drive around a lot and look at houses and the neighborhoods arent always nice. I was in Lansing, an area Im only a little familiar with since I lived there for a few years but it was 10+ years ago. Im driving down a block and theres 3 late teenage early 20s dudes on bikes kind of blocking the road. I slow down and then eventually stop and they just SIT there.. so they look at me and I kinda wave them like "move over dipshits" so of course being 3 of them they got all tough and started coming around on each side of my car talking shit. I had a Ruger SR9c back then and I set it on my lap and just said you guys were blocking the road, im just trying to get by... the bigger/older one gets up closer to my window and sees the gun on my lap and starts shitting his pants. "Hey man.. why you gotta have a gun man" Scared as FUCK. I said because of little assholes like you threatening and starting shit, now get the fuck out of my way. They moved I got the fuck outta dodge with my heart racing a mile a minute. In hindsight it was dumb but they definately didnt fuck with me.

The other time was just about a month ago. Im in Detroit at a house I owned and had just flipped. It was a rental and the tenant moved out. I get a call from her saying her "auntie stay across the street and they takin out the hot water tank" fuck. Im actually in the city, about 15 minutes away, so I head over. I got there about 20 mins later and of course they were long gone. I pulled my Glock19 and went throught the house and basement clearing it to make sure they were all gone. Secured the house back up and left. When I was going thru the house it was pretty instinctual... it was nuts. . Ive never served or been LEO but Ive trained quite a bit and even did some private shoot house courses at a training facility near me. It helped am UNBELIEVABLE amount. Phone Post

I fix houses in detroit for guys like you! I've had to pull 3 times already, sometimes when I know Its getting weird i just open carry Phone Post

I pulled one time, I felt the situation escalating and I figured ill just end the nonsense rather than having it drag out any longer. In retrospect, I shouldn't have done that cuz I could have easily killed someone over some bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

unclephilly - Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Vote up for this ^^ well said! Phone Post 3.0

Only time I have ever drew down a person was on a kid peeking in my windows at night. He was obviously scoping out a break in. He was going around the house looking in all the windows so I grabbed a pistol and wait for him. He peeked in and was looking down the barrel. I think he shit himself and then ran away. Phone Post

kanotoa - 
Cookie Monster - My dad, 74, did last year or so. He was leaving the office late one night and a guy approached him and said he needed $5. Asked if Dad had $5 he could borrow. Out of the corner of his eye he sees another guy creeping up behind him out from behind a truck. Dad draws his Kimber, points it at the guy and says, "Sure buddy, you got change for a .45?" Robbery averted. True story. Phone Post 3.0

That is some epic dirty harry shit. I wouldn't mess with an old armed man because he will shoot. Phone Post

Life in prison is not long for them.

Dark Knight -
kanotoa - 
Cookie Monster - My dad, 74, did last year or so. He was leaving the office late one night and a guy approached him and said he needed $5. Asked if Dad had $5 he could borrow. Out of the corner of his eye he sees another guy creeping up behind him out from behind a truck. Dad draws his Kimber, points it at the guy and says, "Sure buddy, you got change for a .45?" Robbery averted. True story. Phone Post 3.0

That is some epic dirty harry shit. I wouldn't mess with an old armed man because he will shoot. Phone Post

And he's a legendary criminal defense attorney. Phone Post 3.0

Cookie Monster - 
Dark Knight -
kanotoa - 

And he's a legendary criminal defense attorney. Phone Post 3.0

Damn dude I hope someone tries to mug me just so I can use that line.

I don't carry, but I used to bartend at a pretty rough bar in West Virgina and I've had a gun pulled and pointed at me twice.