Ever drink “Civet coffee”?

So in Indonesia there civets/tree cats eat coffee cherries, shit out the bean whole and the natives collect them, wash them off and sell the coffee beans for like $800 a pound. 

Anyone ever have it? Worth the price? Taste like shit?

Feeding my cat coffee beans now...will update

I've been trying to get domestic cats to eat, and shit out, coffee beans. Once I get the process worked out and figure out how to keep the cats from stroking out I figure I'll have the domestic market locked up.

They're called Luwak there. Coffee was pretty good but not worth the US price. I visited a farm/plantation lemme see if I can dig up some pics...

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Man vs Net -

They're called Luwak there. Coffee was pretty good but not worth the US price. I visited a farm/plantation lemme see if I can dig up some pics...

In for scat pics!

Luwak

various stages of processing pre-roasting

Roasting

Final product

Rhymenoceros -
Nitecrawler - 

So in Indonesia there civets/tree cats eat coffee cherries, shit out the bean whole and the natives collect them, wash them off and sell the coffee beans for like $800 a pound. 

Anyone ever have it? Worth the price? Taste like shit?

That used to be how it worked, now they have a bunch of civet cats in cages being force fed coffee beans. So I'm not drinking that shit. (pun).

I do eat foi gras though.

I heard about that, they consider it to be counterfeit and have tried to crack-down on it but im not sure how well that worked...

At the place I went to, they had one in a cage to show tourists but the rest roamed free.

No thank you.

Yes, from one of the better roasters in Minneapolis. 

Was a good, floral, coffee but not worth the premium

Dont know which region it originated from so can’t say if Sumatra shit coffee is better than Bali shit coffee

I had it. My buddy who was bought some when he went to Indonesia for his mom. 1 pound of it. Made two cups for us to share in a French press.