Ever Get Over Your First Love?

Do you ever get over your first love? Your first serious relationship?

Honestly, don’t think I ever have.

First girl I was madly in love with, let’s call her Katie, who I almost married - she wanted to get engaged, but I kind of freaked out, didn’t think I was ready, I blew it and we broke up as I couldn’t get my shit together. That was almost a decade ago. Now she’s married and has a kid.

I’ve dated many girls and slept with about 30 since her. I even got a gf at the moment who is very in love with me.

But I don’t feel 1/10th or even 1/100th as strong as in love with my current girl as the first girl.

Not sure if it was because I was just younger back then, if my relationship with Katie was special, or if your first love is like a hit of heroin. Love is just never as good as the first time and you’ll spend the rest of your life “chasing the dragon”.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

Never REALLY got over her, but she did me dirty so it does please me that she got very fat, divorced twice, and lives in a trailor park..  and I am in shape and successful.

13 Likes

Yes.  

Yes.

Yup. Dodged a bullet, too. She saddled the next guy with a grip of kids right away. He had to take work he didn’t want to be able to feed 'em all. She got fat & all gaga for god. I’m still friends with her & the one that took my virginity. Vary happy to not be with either one.

1 Like

I dont think its a matter of getting over your first love, its a matter of being able to get on with your life and not be stuck or trapped in the past. Its a loss and there is some element of grief involved with that. Some level of attachment can be understandable 

1 Like

Yea, I fucked her sister 

3 Likes

I'll never stop loving Kraft Mac n Cheese

2 Likes

Nope. Married her.

Still married.

4 Likes

Mine is on the radio in some small shitty town. I don't listen, but would be curious if she has talked about me on there. No feelings left for her. She just wasn't the one for me. 

The best way to get over a particular woman is with a large number of unparticular ones. Heal thyself.

4 Likes

For the first time in over a decade I fb stalked her earlier this week. 

As soon as I saw her face it had a bizarrely comforting look .... then all of the bullshit, antics, crazy, and my absolute disgust for her washed over me. 

It was extremely cathartic. 

I can’t even imagine how much I would hate my life had things worked out with us. She became such a nightmare over the years. 

She looked surprisingly good in a bikini for pushing 40. Otherwise, she has zero redeeming qualities. 

No. I married her.

Women were just toys in my late teens and early 20s. I found a keeper, and kept her.

4 Likes

Wasn't the first, but the best.  It was the happiest I have ever been in my entire life.  Never disagreed/argued, everything was perfect, she was everything I have wanted in a woman and more, because I would never make a list that great because nobody could possibly ever live up to it, but she exceeded it. 

She ended up staying with me more nights than she didn't.  She got up for work one morning, told me she loved me, left and didn't come back, didn't reply to texts or calls.  A couple weeks later she sent me some long texts, I don't remember it all but it was something like she knows I think she is "the one", but she's not, and one day I will meet the right person or something.

Banged a lot of randoms to try not to think about her.  Met someone, got engaged.  She sent me a message saying how she heard I was getting married, said how it's true how you don't realize what you have until you don't have it anymore etc.  I get married.

I get separated, want to reconcile with wife (thread on here many have seen), catch wife with guy.  I decide to contact her.  She is surprised to hear from me, we exchange a few messages, she comes over the same night.  We drink wine and talk about the past.  She says how she hadn't been serious with anyone since me, went through a couple things with guys that she knew I wouldn't have done to her.  She comes over a couple more times, we go out.  I put a remote start on her car just because I wanted to.  She says she will come back in a couple days on her day off.  Never responds to another message or comes back.

2 Likes
RichardGere'sMissingGerbil -

Mine is on the radio in some small shitty town. I don't listen, but would be curious if she has talked about me on there. No feelings left for her. She just wasn't the one for me. 

![](upload://8fXbN0IM7vIaijCokphAhaJHXYl.gif)

5 Likes

It took a while but yeah

1 Like
clattymine -

As soon as I saw her face it had a bizarrely comforting look .... then all of the bullshit, antics, crazy, and my absolute disgust for her washed over me. 

I can’t even imagine how much I would hate my life had things worked out with us. She became such a nightmare over the years. 

She looked surprisingly good in a bikini for pushing 40. Otherwise, she has zero redeeming qualities. 

You jacked to that pic didn't you?

1 Like
64FordF100 - 

Wasn't the first, but the best.  It was the happiest I have ever been in my entire life.  Never disagreed/argued, everything was perfect, she was everything I have wanted in a woman and more, because I would never make a list that great because nobody could possibly ever live up to it, but she exceeded it. 

She ended up staying with me more nights than she didn't.  She got up for work one morning, told me she loved me, left and didn't come back, didn't reply to texts or calls.  A couple weeks later she sent me some long texts, I don't remember it all but it was something like she knows I think she is "the one", but she's not, and one day I will meet the right person or something.

Banged a lot of randoms to try not to think about her.  Met someone, got engaged.  She sent me a message saying how she heard I was getting married, said how it's true how you don't realize what you have until you don't have it anymore etc.  I get married.

I get separated, want to reconcile with wife (thread on here many have seen), catch wife with guy.  I decide to contact her.  She is surprised to hear from me, we exchange a few messages, she comes over the same night.  We drink wine and talk about the past.  She says how she hadn't been serious with anyone since me, went through a couple things with guys that she knew I wouldn't have done to her.  She comes over a couple more times, we go out.  I put a remote start on her car just because I wanted to.  She says she will come back in a couple days on her day off.  Never responds to another message or comes back.

Damn. Hell of a story.

nofx -
clattymine -

You jacked to that pic didn't you?

LMAO perfect

1 Like

Yes I'm over her but I'd be lying if I said I don't regret fucking up the relationship sometimes. She was a good chick and still is. 

3 Likes