Ever Get Over Your First Love?

Oh god yes. Surprised me, actually. It hurt bad for years given how she did me wrong and banged my friend (why we broke up).

Dated a bit after her, then met a great girl and got married, she turned into a psychopathic monster and we divorced a couple years later. Dated some more, then met my current wife, and we've been together 20 years now.

First girl popped up on Facebook about 10 years ago - I was pleased to find that not only did I feel nothing for her, she got FAT and was married to some loser looking fat guy with no job and no hair. Living well and being successful is indeed the best revenge.

I was in a 11 year relationship, married for 7 of them. Got a divorce and then found what I consider the true love of my life after being single for 2 years. Dated her for a year and a half and then she broke up with me to get random dick 2 months ago. It hurts man. She still fucking trains at my gym too.

Funny, mine was a Katie.  Stripper, pro fighter and an unabashed train-wreck.  I’ve never loved like I did with her.

And the best thing that could have happened is us split up.

1 Like
OhNo -

I was in a 11 year relationship, married for 7 of them. Got a divorce and then found what I consider the true love of my life after being single for 2 years. Dated her for a year and a half and then she broke up with me to get random dick 2 months ago. It hurts man. She still fucking trains at my gym too.

Fuck that sucks.  Sorry man.

1 Like

Get over? Yes....

Forget and never wonder what could have been? No....

Think about her a lot, got together too young... she fucked around... a year or two of getting back/breaking up, lots of rows, fast forward 20 years...... she’s a single mother now and I’m happily married with two kids.... but I’d be lying if I said I never think about her and wish things were different...

TheBearStare -

I dont think its a matter of getting over your first love, its a matter of being able to get on with your life and not be stuck or trapped in the past. Its a loss and there is some element of grief involved with that. Some level of attachment can be understandable 

good post, bear. the first love will always have a piece of my heart. especially since she isn't a giant shitbag or ho bag. i'll always love her like the faggot i am, but I've fully moved on with my life. 

2 Likes
TGP - 

Get over? Yes....

Think about her a lot, got together too young... she fucked around... a year or two of getting back/breaking up, lots of rows, fast forward 20 years...... she’s a single mother now and I’m happily married with two kids.... but I’d be lying if I said I never think about her and wish things were different...

Well put.

donkypunch55 -
OhNo -

Fuck that sucks.  Sorry man.

Thanks brotha,  I'm trying to hate her to get over it but still find myself waking up every morning thinking about her. Fighter girls are not something to take lightly.

I has been 20 years for me. Fell in love at 17 and I'm 37 now. Every 5 years or so I care less and less. It was really had letting go of the past until I was in my early to mid 30's. She had blonde hair and blue eyes...  I married a red head. God hates me. Haha. I googled my first love. I knew she went off to Med school and the interwebs says she's a general surgeon. My wife managed a lululemon and quit this summer. Whatever. Life sucks. I work 60-70 hour weeks now. Learn to live without women. Trust me. 

5 Likes

Megan from first grade. I sometimes wonder sometimes where she went, or what her last name was.

3 Likes

Yes, it took me a while, but I did get over her. That was over 40 yrs. ago. I would run into her every five yrs or so. Let’s just say, I should send her a thank you note for breaking up with me. She is a mess today.

I think I do and then she texts some happy birthday or happy thanksgiving shit, I politely reply and it becomes a damn conversation. Doesnt help she fucked me around badly on the way out, and other than being a decade older, looks better than when we were together. But 99% of the time I forget she exists.

Mind's Eye - The best way to get over a particular woman is with a large number of unparticular ones. Heal thyself.

I know this is common guy problem solving, but i really don't think it works for all guys. in fact I think this myth makes things worse for guys cause society has this built in expectation that all men need is to get laid, and sex solves all their problems

1 Like

We’re Together 24 years. Have a kid together so have to see her couple times a week. Regardless of all the shit she did, I miss her and can’t picture being that close to anyone again. 

2 Likes

OP is still a creeper to his ex. Get over her!!!

TGP -

Get over? Yes....

Same except I was the one that fucked around.  But I was a young, good looking guy in SE Asia over a summer so.....

Yes.

This will seem shallow, but when we went of to college (different schools), she gained a lot of weight.

I didn’t get over my high school GF until I went through my divorce years later

I’d dated & smashed many many girls. It had ended badly with the high school gf :frowning:

She was my first love & ripped my heart out. I’d blame me being a male whore on her but I was fucking around back then too. I knew at the time we were young & blah. Girl was amazing looking , so sexy , something about her and I should of known better. She was a man eater

I went through a messy divorce with the wife 10 years later. (Had a child & house) It took that experience to finally get over the HS girl friend. It was a toxic relationship with the x wife.

She died.  I was over her, but I looked her up just out of curiosity and saw she was dead.  It didn't say why or how she died, I suspect alcohol?  Was a reallly sweet girl, she deserved me.  :(

1 Like

Mine was 30+ years ago. College gf. She messed me up bad. I was depressed for a ridiculously long time after. Am entire year of school and then many more months after graduating.

Never felt as strongly about anyone since then. There were a few where I could have, had they gone on longer, but none did. 

A crazy karma thing happened a few years later that showed me I was better off. I'll have to come back to that later. Too long for phone typing. But it's a truly wtf thing that happened. 

4 Likes