Ever Got A Broken Hand From Fighting?

I found myself in a small argument with a few fellows who said that the reason I broke my hand in a street fight is because I "don't know how to punch correctly." If I'm not mistaken, isn't it common to break your hand in a bare knuckle street fight even if you throw a correct punch? It seems to me that if you throw a hard punch, even with good form, and even land cleanly, there is still a high % that you will break your hand bones (not to be mistaken with finger bones).

Not a troll post, just curious to know if anyone else has broken their hand in a fight and believe they threw a punch with "proper" technique.

Also, I'm 29 years old now and don't get into altercations. I broke my hand over 6 years ago and avoid fights at all cost now...

A broken hand may or may not be from punching incorrectly. A person would have to be there....anyone telling you otherwise, unless they've seen you punch before is an idiot. People who punch correctly break their hands regardless.

I have broken my hand a few times. I didn't do anything wrong, the other guy just zigged when I thought he would Zag or whateve.

There are pro boxers that break their hands in damn near every fight, and I'd imagine they know how to throw a punch properly.

Yeah these guys were doubling up on me saying I don't know how to throw a punch, it was super annoying and I guess I'm the fool for arguing with 2 fools.

it's not that you "don't know how to punch" it's just what you punch or the angle it was at. Phone Post

Gotta be careful in a street fight, if you land on the crown of someone's head, good technique or not that hand is in for a shock.

Shouldn't Brian Bowles have a green name?

hellride - Gotta be careful in a street fight, if you land on the crown of someone's head, good technique or not that hand is in for a shock.

Yup I broke my pinky Metacarpal on someone's dome... which bone did you break?

Have you broken it before? It makes it much easier to break afterwards. I remember a buddy of mine in high school tried to punch out a guy at a party and the guy dogged and he hit the wall and broke his hand. After that pretty much anytime he got into a fight his hand would break again.