Ever had an idea for something and someone else...

Executed it and made their money?

5 years ago, was thinking of making a card game using memes....similar to cards against humanity except with memes pictures and people made the best caption. 

When I was Christmas shopping over the holiday what do I see? A damn game with memes! 

My other idea which i haven't seen yet....was a tv show where a panel of comedians and celebs (3) would compete and caption the pictures of the week and the show would be called "Meme It!"

Stupid tv concept? Totally. But idiots like MTV or comedy central would probably eat that shit up for like 3 seasons. 

How about you guys? Amy ideas you thought of prior to them becoming something big?

Yes. I used to wear my longsleeve oneil surfing rashguard underneath my football pads in college before there was underarmour. 

So i invented underarmour and i missed out big

I invented the rat tail haircut.

Uber.

We had a barely functioning pre-beta prototype we were making when we ran out of money.

I've been involved with ALOT of start ups over the last 8 years, some of which have done well, many of which have failed, but that one hurts the worst.

This thread is going to be epic amounts of 'that never happened'

4 posts in and we've already had the guys that missed out on UnderArmour and Uber.

Expecting the next few posts to cover a nascent online shopping and distribution business that didn't quite make it and a 1980s personal computing company that never got its big break

LordSeano - 

This thread is going to be epic amounts of 'that never happened'

4 posts in and we've already had the guys that missed out on UnderArmour and Uber.

Expecting the next few posts to cover a nascent online shopping and distribution business that didn't quite make it and a 1980s personal computing company that never got its big break

I had the idea of making the internet easily accessible on your mobile phone all the way back in 1972.

Pay me my money.

I had the idea for a website to stream videos back in 1982. 

When I was in college I invented a way to share music and videos peer to peer on the internet. I fell asleep in the dorm and my roommate stole my idea, he later named it Napster because he stole it from me while I was sleeping. 

I had the idea for... what do you call it in America. The digital interactive golf parks. Had it as a young teenager. Seeing my friends play the nintendo wi and my mate was hard out into golf. I said to him, imagine a driving range, but its all interactive and you have lanes like a bowling alley. Theu are building one on the gold coast in queensland australia now. 

I invented a way to make days shorter. Everyone lines up their cars and trucks facing west and, at the same moment, accelerates as fast as possible. The world will spin faster. Each day will, by my calculations, be only about 22 hours long as a result. The advantage: When you're 40 you'll only look about 30, because you won't physically age any more quickly than you already do. You'll score hotter chicks.

Still waiting on crowd funding. Probably shouldn't even be mentioning it, since now the idea will probably be stolen by Elon Musk.

I wanted to start streaming and recording local high school sports, then a regional network popped up.

OJTT-RayRaysFunhouse - 

I had the idea for a website to stream videos back in 1982. 

I figured out cold fusion but some men in black types took all my work...

Thread's already dead now, right?

back in the early 90's i used to landscape in the summer   we'd ride around in the pickup witht he windows down and country music on.

when we were in town or at lights the radio would be really loud so the boss would turn it down.

when we got up to highway speeds you couldn't hear it so the boss would turn it up

i said they should connect a volume switch to the acceleration of the car....it's an option on some cars now

A while back I thought of divorce anniversary cards. Turns out they’ve been a thing for a long time.

I've invented two products that I couldn't afford to bring to market. Published both of them so somebody else could take up the mantle, & they're out there now.

Not me, but Midwestern classified ad paper The Trader branched into the ISP business in the early '90s to support an online auction version of their paper. Shut it down because owner didn't understand it & felt it was moving away from his vision. (My understanding is it was a father/son conflict.) Couple years later, eBay dominates the world.

I had this idea to create a news website dedicated to MMA and have message boards where people could talk about their giant hogs and how much money they make. It was going to flood computers with ads and make me a ton of loot. I got drunk one night and told some dude about it. Couple days later here is this site.

Removeable highlighter ink lol