Ever have a tick?

Noticed (what I thought first was dried blood speck) on my inner thigh. Pulled it off and fairly certain it was a tick....tiny black insect resembling a seed...about 2 mm.

I wasn't thinking so flushed it down toilet (discovered it as I was pissing lol)....I am thinking it was on less than 24 hours, not sure....and no bullseye on bite...looks like a tiny red speck as if a popped zit haha.

Called my doctor to get an antibiotic at 1pm and they never called it in....not sure if doctor thought it wasn't needed or not.....now I'm wondering if i call back tomorrow and ask for antibiotic again?

When I was a kid I’d have those bastards trying to latch on all the time.  We’d always be out playing in fields or the woods or wherever.  Not that I can recall as an adult though.

I’ve had them on my dick.

Did it have yellow markings on it's back?

Yep, had Lyme’s too.  Had to take Cipro for a bit.  It knocked the shit out of me, but luckily no issues since.  

I get them all the time. I've had them on every place imaginable from my ball sack to inside my ear. Be careful, my dad now can't eat any animal with 4 legs basically from one tick bite. One tick bite made him allergic to beef, pork and deer. It's pretty common apparently. 

MojoSoDope -

I get them all the time. I've had them on every place imaginable from my ball sack to inside my ear. Be careful, my dad now can't eat any animal with 4 legs basically from one tick bite. One tick bite made him allergic to beef, pork and deer. It's pretty common apparently. 

I've had hundreds of ticks in my life and I've never heard of such a thing.

Not calling bullshit, just never heard of it 

I'd have to off myself if I had to give up beef. 

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

Noticed (what I thought first was dried blood speck) on my inner thigh. Pulled it off and fairly certain it was a tick....tiny black insect resembling a seed...about 2 mm.

I wasn't thinking so flushed it down toilet (discovered it as I was pissing lol)....I am thinking it was on less than 24 hours, not sure....and no bullseye on bite...looks like a tiny red speck as if a popped zit haha.

Called my doctor to get an antibiotic at 1pm and they never called it in....not sure if doctor thought it wasn't needed or not.....now I'm wondering if i call back tomorrow and ask for antibiotic again?

That sounds like a deer tick man.  I've had a shit load of ticks on me in my life but afaik, only one deer tick and I got the lyme from it. 

All of my ticks, most when I was a kid, were dog ticks which are much bigger than deer ticks.  I found the one deer tick when I was sitting on the toilet after working in the yard. It was on my upper inner thigh.  It looked like a thick ingrown hair or something.  It moved when I touched it so I pulled it out and flushed it.  You're supposed to keep it if you think it's a deer tick. 

Anyway, I got the doxycycline and the bullseye and tested positive for lyme.   If you even think it's a deer tick, get the doxy to be safe.  Lyme can fuck you up if you dont catch it early 

jake11 -
MojoSoDope -

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alpha-gal-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20428608

jake11 - 
MojoSoDope -

it’s real, happened to a friend of mine. Can’t eat beef or pork these days. If he does, do not be in the same room (or house for that matter) with him

jake11 - 
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

That sounds like a deer tick man.  I've had a shit load of ticks on me in my life but afaik, only one deer tick and I got the lyme from it. 

All of my ticks, most when I was a kid, were dog ticks which are much bigger than deer ticks.  I found the one deer tick when I was sitting on the toilet after working in the yard. It was on my upper inner thigh.  It looked like a thick ingrown hair or something.  It moved when I touched it so I pulled it out and flushed it.  You're supposed to keep it if you think it's a deer tick. 

Anyway, I got the doxycycline and the bullseye and tested positive for lyme.   If you even think it's a deer tick, get the doxy to be safe.  Lyme can fuck you up if you dont catch it early 

please listen to this man. Lyme is nothing to fuck with

Tons. Went hiking a couple years ago at lake cabin in Minnesota and prob pulled 30 off my socks

Gross little fuckers. They’re out in full force now here this time of year

Speaking of this reminds me I need to put flea and tick repellent on my dog

You fuckers don’t get out much do you? If you’ve done much outdoors you’ve had a tick on you quite a few times. 

1 Like
jake11 -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

I'm surprised the doctor didn't give me that. I'll call him tomorrow and go karen on him lol

Wife just got done with a month of doxycycline for a suspected tick bite. It took a while to respond to the doxy so the doc prescribed cipro. The side effect list for that shit will scare the bejeezus out of you; suicidal thoughts, delusions, hallucinations, and myriad other nightmares. She didn’t take it. Gave the doxy a couple more days and it started going away. Luckily. 

1 Like

All good advice, but dont forget the most basic advice, which is to remove the tic properly.  If you just pull it out,  a part (head) of the tic can stay in the body.

If you twist it out using a tic tool its less dangerous as the tic comes out whole.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/general/ticks

![](upload://A5hXobKR3OuXPONQ0odbMwwK2Pp.jpeg)

JThomasufc91 -

Are your initials JR?

Went backpacking with some friends iny early 20s. Woke up hungover one morning and first thing I see is my buddy sitting by the fire with a buck knife in his hand.

I asked what's up and he turned towards me looking half crazed, half terrified and then just stretched out his dick and pointed it at me.

Big fat tick right on the end.

"So.... You want me to put a red hot knife on your dick?"

"Yeah, before everyone wakes up!"

"Fuck dude, we BOTH need whiskey for this"

Mountain Medic -
JThomasufc91 -

Are your initials JR?

Went backpacking with some friends iny early 20s. Woke up hungover one morning and first thing I see is my buddy sitting by the fire with a buck knife in his hand.

I asked what's up and he turned towards me looking half crazed, half terrified and then just stretched out his dick and pointed it at me.

Big fat tick right on the end.

"So.... You want me to put a red hot knife on your dick?"

"Yeah, before everyone wakes up!"

"Fuck dude, we BOTH need whiskey for this"

A *real* friend would have offered to suck out the poison. 

DY2 -

All good advice, but dont forget the most basic advice, which is to remove the tic properly.  If you just pull it out,  a part (head) of the tic can stay in the body.

If you twist it out using a tic tool its less dangerous as the tic comes out whole.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/general/ticks

![](upload://A5hXobKR3OuXPONQ0odbMwwK2Pp.jpeg)

So i noticed the entire fucker hanging out on the surface of skin.....i pulled off...i don't think his head was in, at least didn't appear like it.

I'm not 100% sure now, so again, will call and ask for doxy.