Ever met a Rock or Heavy Metal star?!

Only talking about rock music or heavy metal. You can include death metal bands if you like…

Who did you meet? From what band? How was he or she? I’ll go first

I met Jada Pinkett after her show. She was meeting fans and Will Smith was there as well. Jada was dressed like a metal chick and she acted nothing like what you’d think she would act like. She was very nice, approachable and funny. While I just shook her abd Wills hand and talked briefly, Jada gave off a very cool vibe… Will tried to act normal but I could tell he was a little uncomfortable in that crowd (a death metal concert)…

Btw Jada is the lead singer of a death metal band for those that don’t know

1 Like
ons ear - Only talking about rock music or heavy metal. You can include death metal bands if you like..

Who did you meet? From what band? How was he or she? I’ll go first

I met Jada Pinkett after her show. She was meeting fans and Will Smith was there as well. Jada was dressed like a metal chick and she acted nothing like what you’d think she would act like. She was very nice, approachable and funny. While I just shook her abd Wills hand and talked briefly, Jada gave off a very cool vibe… Will tried to act normal but I could tell he was a little uncomfortable in that crowd (a death metal concert)…

Btw Jada is the lead singer of a death metal band for those that don’t know

Did you bang her in front of Will ? Cause it's possible a dozen other dudes did.....

6 Likes

when i was 18 i met alice cooper when i worked at the nike factory store in cabazon, ca. he was just in there buying shoes and he signed a shipping and receiving tag for me. didnt talk much, but i thought it was cool. also met the guitarist gary hoey when i worked there.

1 Like

I am next door neighbors with Bruce Dickinson. Ted Nugent played my employee of the month dinner. Glenn Danzig cleans my pool.

6 Likes
ShanTheMan -

I am next door neighbors with Bruce Dickinson. Ted Nugent played my employee of the month dinner. Glenn Danzig cleans my pool.

The ladder I can believe.

1 Like

Met Vinny Paul from Pantera.  Dude was a straight up rock star.  2 strippers with him and pulled out a knot that would choke a donkey and paid for drinks all nighnight To 5 night for me 

Chilled with the little bald guitarist from cannibal corpse out side of one of there shows for a little bit about 2005ish

walked pass the lead singer of sevendust,dude  is fucking  tiny

ShanTheMan - 

THE Bruce Dickinson?

1 Like

I haven’t met any super popular rock or metal musicians, but I’ve met a few from smaller bands I’ve seen over the years. Brock Lindow of 36 Crazyfists in 2017. It was a small show at a local bar and they were headlining, during the opening act he was at the bar just drinking and chillin. I went over and we had a conversation, he was cool as shit. Earlier that night he had asked me if Taco Cabana was any good because they wanted to eat before their set. 

I met Byron Davis of a band named God Forbid, which was one of the earlier pioneers in the metalcore scene. Popular amongst hardcore fans but not outside of that. They actually opened up for Trivium and another band, I was surprised they got that gig because they weren’t very popular. I followed them since the beginning. I saw Byron (the vocalist) waiting in line to get some beer. I look over and notice him immediately cause he had long ass dreads and a distinct look. He has a chick with him, she sees me and sort of waives me over. I went over there and was a few beers in at this point. He was cool and was just like “what’s up man”, we talked for a few minutes just bullshitting. Very nice guy. 

Ive been to a lot of small shows like this and I’ve met others but none of them stick out at the moment. 

1 Like
TFK_TexBP -

Met Vinny Paul from Pantera.  Dude was a straight up rock star.  2 strippers with him and pulled out a knot that would choke a donkey and paid for drinks all nighnight To 5 night for me 

Bad ass. If I composed a list of rock/metal musicians to hang out with, he would definitely be on it. Dude was always a bad ass and seemed super genuine, and had a lasting effect on my musical tastes. Glad you got to experience that. RIP Vinnie. 

1 Like

Lots on Sunset with my buddy's band that toured with Steel Panther for a couple years. All great guys, all good times.  By the way, the room Pheonix OD'd in is very small...... 

Met Nico McBrain at a bar in the 90s. Flat nosed dude was with a smoking 10 he wouldn’t have gotten a second look from if he wasn’t the drummer for IronMaiden. Nice guy though.

I met Lemmy back in the late 80s while working security at the Motörhead and king diamond show in Houston.  He was looking for his lost lighter that was his favorite lighter.  I don’t think he found it that night as he seemed a bit inebriated.  The show was amazing though.

i met al jourgensen at a Ministry show,  he was a bit of dick.   Gibby and the rest of the butthole surfers on the other hand were pretty cool when I worked that show.

stonerbc - 

when i was 18 i met alice cooper when i worked at the nike factory store in cabazon, ca. he was just in there buying shoes and he signed a shipping and receiving tag for me. didnt talk much, but i thought it was cool. also met the guitarist gary hoey when i worked there.

Do you like his music? His best song Imo is ‘I Am the Future’

TFK_TexBP - 

I love Pantera…a girl friend met Vinny Paul at a local concert. She said he was drunk as hell and stunk like shit but was still trying to hook up with her and pretty much every other girl there lol

I have hung out before gigs with Cheap Trick at least half a dozen times. Great guys. Big hearts.

2 Likes

Sat by Jon Bon Jovi at an airport bar once. Didn't talk to him except to say what's up after I recognized him. 

I used to wait tables and I served the band Shine Down. I didn’t know who they were at the time but apparently they’re well known. Seemed like nice enough guys. 

I ran into Henry Rollins coming out of a diner near DC. I simply said “Hey Hank,” and he responded with “Hey man.” That was the whole interaction. This was in like 1999 and I was a kid and a big Black Flag and Rollins Band fan. I’d also read his book. I was this close to fan boying out but I controlled myself. One thing that struck me is that he was a lot smaller than I expected. He was fit, but I figured a dude who waxes poetic about weight lifting all the time would look more yoked in person. 

Is 9electric metal enough for the discussion

ShanTheMan -

Is it true that Glenn Danzig can only reach to clean the shallow end of the pool?

Poison. I was fucking a girl who did hair for them. They are alright except for brett. He's a douche. Me and him are Eskimo brothers from 3 different chicks. All three said he's got that weak dick. This was right around when he did rock of love.