Ever refuse a promotion that was reall a demotion?

Ive heard of countless jobs where the promotion to managment sucks ass. Usually in hotels where the managerial job is salary and they pile on the uncompensated hours. My wife took a promotion like this and it was the final nail i the cofin. She always worked and got paid 10k more.

I used to run a sales team at godaddy.Com. When it came to the next step they wanted me to be a floor manager. Unfortunately, it was way more hours, you're always on call, and it was a 50k pay cut cause I had one of the best teams in the company and the bonuses? were sick before Bob Parsons sold the company.

Sometimes a promotion is a demotion.

I just got promoted in the Air Force from senior airman to staff sergeant.  Make like an extra 200 a month for 20x the responsibility, especially in my career field, where if I fuck up, people die.

sure as fuck feels like a demotion.

Nolaguy -
Tim Duncan - Ive heard of countless jobs where the promotion to managment sucks ass. Usually in hotels where the managerial job is salary and they pile on the uncompensated hours. My wife took a promotion like this and it was the final nail i the cofin. She always worked and got paid 10k more.

Hotels are old school like that.  Long hours for mediocre pay will weed out the non hoteliers before the executive or gm positions.  

Execs and gms make good money and work less than mid managers. 

Yep, my ex now makes 150k now, but she paid for that with our marriage and the relationship with our son.