Ever wonder why people are turning on cops...

So I belong to another forum that has alot of cops on it. Someone last night posted about the 12 year old that was gunned down in less than 2 seconds. The first response went...

"12 year old? How tall how big? The 18 year old urban youth that sparked the ridiculous bullsh*t in ferguson was 6' 5", 285. Thug looking dude points gun at me, it will get shot. If its a 12 year old playing bad guy in the real world, TFB."

I replied with...

"Sorry but I disagree on this one. The cop pulled right up next to him and shot him in less than 2 seconds. That isn't really even enough time for a 12 year old kid to react. The kid's actions leading up to the encounter were stupid but the cop acted to quickly. Probably a nervous rookie, but still a bad call.

Right or wrong, I could see and understand protests over this one. Sadly the idiots are too busy screaming about 'justice' for an obvious thug."

The responses that followed, all coming from present and former cops disgusted me...

"Youre on the wrong side on this one. Exactly how the F long wouldyou like the officer to wait when a gun is involved? Then put YOURSELF in the same position, go ahead and wait. When youre alone with an armed suspect, will YOU do better? Want to have aconversation with him? Want to call the Hostage Team? Please."

"No more to be said. I'd drop him before getting out of the car too."

"Its learned predator behavior--first he struts and demonstrates that he has a "big dick", then he sits and waits for the females or challengers to arrive. In his case a bigger, stronger, smarter foe arrived. What happened there is Natural Selection at its most basic level. At least he wont breed."

"This is absolutely learned alpha-male behavior at the most basic level. Tends to work until you cross the dominant alpha male and learn your lesson, in this case permanently. If elimination of this t*rd saves one life or prevents a rape down the road, it was/is worth it."

"I'm a little surprised that the LEOs didn't angle in on the pavement and both fire from behind the cruiser's doors."

"I checked my calendar and on this day ZERO fornication's were given."

I finally weighed in again...

"Some of you need to step back and listen to yourselves... You're talking about a 12 year old kid with a toy gun. Who knew he had a toy gun. Was he stupid in waving it about? Absolutely. But kids do stupid shit all the time. That doesn't mean he deserves to die for it. Watch the video... The claim is that the cops ordered him 3 times to put his hands up. I dont know if this is true and have no reason to doubt it, but time yourself, barking that order 3 times. It takes me an average of 1.5 seconds. The cop opened up on him in less than two seconds. Meaning that the kid likely didn't even have time to realize what was happening before he was shot. Watch the video. Yes its grainy, but it doesn't look like the kid is reaching for the gun; and it certainly makes no sense that a kid, knowing that he has a toy, is going to pull it on cops who are carrying the real thing. Not if he understands what is going on.

I wasn't there and I can't say for sure what happened based on grainy video with no sound. I'm not blaming the cop beyond saying it was a tragic and bad call. But a 12 year old with a toy gun does not deserve to die for doing stupid things that 12 year old kids tend to do. I understand that cops have a dangerous job, but that's the risk they are paid to assume. There is something wrong when cops have a looser ROE than I did in Afghanistan.

Some of you need to understand that no matter how well you teach them, your kids are likely to do something equally stupid. They're kids... Would you be ok if that resulted in his death in less 2 seconds!?

(This is all I have to say about this... I know I'm the minority on this one and all I can say is this one is bad.)"

I was then told to get off my high horse...

But this fucking disgusts me coming from cops. I know, or at least hope, this isn't endemic but it shows a complete lack of empathy or even caring that a kid died. It shit like this that is gonna get people to turn on cops... And they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

"But this fucking disgusts me coming from cops. I know, or at least hope, this isn't endemic but it shows a complete lack of empathy or even caring that a kid died."

This is because most cops are sociopaths.

A lot of cops have an us vs them mentality. They do not understand they are public servants. Phone Post 3.0

I know, and before this conversation takes an ugly turn, let's remember that most policemen are Republicans.

I think the cops were way too quick on the trigger in this one too. I understand the kid had a gun and on the video you can clearly see the kid reaches in his waistband right before he is shot.

Why do the cops get so close though? It seems they escalated the situation by pulling up right next to him. They can see he is a little boy. Why don't they pull in the road and get behind the cruiser. Yell put your hands up or we'll shoot a few times at least. If the kid then pulls out the airsoft gun and points it at them then I understand them shooting. It just seems they were WAYYYYYY too quick to shoot this kid. Phone Post 3.0

theshooter - "But this fucking disgusts me coming from cops. I know, or at least hope, this isn't endemic but it shows a complete lack of empathy or even caring that a kid died."

We get it, Jacobs....the big bad cop was mean to you when he busted you over those petitions.

Personally I am really considering writing my representatives and demanding a bill requiring all cops wear cameras and that their ROE's require that they cannot fire until fired upon... Their ROE should at least be as restrictive as our military's.

Harry Browne - 
theshooter - "But this fucking disgusts me coming from cops. I know, or at least hope, this isn't endemic but it shows a complete lack of empathy or even caring that a kid died."

We get it, Jacobs....the big bad cop was mean to you when he busted you over those petitions.

No one should be shocked since you're literally a professional whiner.

amadeus - Personally I am really considering writing my representatives and demanding a bill requiring all cops wear cameras and that their ROE's require that they cannot fire until fired upon... Their ROE should at least be as restrictive as our military's.
At the very least. Phone Post 3.0

Technofiend - I know, and before this conversation takes an ugly turn, let's remember that most policemen are Republicans.
A bit of that has to do with the red vs blue stance on gun control. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - 
Technofiend - I know, and before this conversation takes an ugly turn, let's remember that most policemen are Republicans.
A bit of that has to do with the red vs blue stance on gun control. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for that.

I agree, and it also has to do with the Republican stance that the government has the right to use lethal force on its' own citizens.

Sounds a lot like the people on the OG that I've been arguing with about this too. Phone Post 3.0

amadeus - Personally I am really considering writing my representatives and demanding a bill requiring all cops wear cameras and that their ROE's require that they cannot fire until fired upon... Their ROE should at least be as restrictive as our military's.

Don't shoot until the bad guy shoots at you? LMAO!

Technofiend - 
ShanTheMan - 

Thanks for that.

I agree, and it also has to do with the Republican stance that the government has the right to use lethal force on its' own citizens.

Don't kid yourself, the Democrats have no issue with it either... They just a bit more subtle about it.

I think the problem is a bigger picture problem. Rule of law has been completely destroyed. Leaving Law Enforcement officers to try and determine what laws they enforce. Taking the judicial system out of the picture.

When Laws don't work they can't be ignored, they must be eliminated. Making LEO's part of the Judical System is a failure. Now when you have the gray area of enforcement of laws because of this failure it will always be pointed as a failure of LEO's. When the truth is our government has failed us by wiping it's ass with the rule of law.

Much of the ego of today's LEO's comes from this huge power they've been given by being both LEO's and part of the Judicial system picking when and what laws get enforced. Law enforcement should be clear cut.

Vitor29 - 
Skip Reming - even an old cripple takes less than 2 seconds to pull a trigger, have you ever shot a gun, son?
What does that have to do with anything? Phone Post 3.0

That some of the suggestions here, like talking things out and letting the other guy shoot first are recipes for dead cops?

But I'm sure "theshooter" Andy Jacobs would love something like that. It'll make him feel better about getting maced for scuffling with a cop after "theshooter" broke the law.

PatriarchyManifest -
amadeus - Personally I am really considering writing my representatives and demanding a bill requiring all cops wear cameras and that their ROE's require that they cannot fire until fired upon... Their ROE should at least be as restrictive as our military's.
It's a very interesting concept but the PR is much more easily controlled within one's own country. Phone Post 3.0

Senz0 Tanaka -
PatriarchyManifest -
It's a very interesting concept but the PR is much more easily controlled within one's own country. Phone Post 3.0
I agree they should all have cameras but if a citizen draws a weapon on a officer then an officer should be allowed to defend himself, like any citizen would. Would anybody here wait to be fired on to return fire? Fuck no. Phone Post 3.0

The number of unarmed citizens and children killed by our public servants is shameful.