Ever wonder why people are turning on cops...

MisterFixit - The number of unarmed citizens and children killed by our public servants is shameful.

not when they're begging for it.

/s

And you forgot the mentally ill/homeless and otherwise most vulnerable in society.

Yeah, that kid taking the time out of his day to answer his door, to be shot dead by a police officer, was totally asking for it. Phone Post 3.0

Can someone post the vid? Would like to chine in on this but would like to see all the evidence involved first before flying off the handle......as some in Ferguson and around here are known to do. Phone Post 3.0

JinxsGayGhost - My brother in law is a cop. He is always going to side with his cop brothers. And he believes cops should have MRAPS and bazookas and shit to take on common citizens.

I have jokingly asked him what he would do if he caught me robbing a bank. His response is "two shots center mass." I said what if I didn't have a gun. He says "that's the risk you take."

I have no doubt he has planted drugs on people. He's as cop as they come. Phone Post 3.0
Your brother in law is a pos. Beat his bitch ass Phone Post 3.0

Fuck his wife. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck his sister. Phone Post 3.0

i think the people could have rallied behind a much "better" cause than mike brown.....at least based on what info is out currently

was watching a cnn special on nypd's relationship with the urban youths and some disturbing videos were shown of typical asshole nypd shit going on

no murders or anything, but certainly harrassment and overreactions by the cops were evident

im usually on the "conservative side of things when i get into the OG political/race threads........but i do believe that police mentality is currently fucked up and have experienced, first hand, NYPD strong handedness

despite not being black or latino

JinxsGayGhost - My brother in law is a cop. He is always going to side with his cop brothers. And he believes cops should have MRAPS and bazookas and shit to take on common citizens.

I have jokingly asked him what he would do if he caught me robbing a bank. His response is "two shots center mass." I said what if I didn't have a gun. He says "that's the risk you take."

I have no doubt he has planted drugs on people. He's as cop as they come. Phone Post 3.0
This shows the type of mentality of some of these people that are drawn to law enforcement, this family member nonchalantly says he would kill you for stealing something unarmed.

Cops are not beautiful and unique snowflakes most of them are assholes just like the rest of us except they can commit crimes without punishment. Cops arnt enforcing the law out of the goodness of their heart they are assholes working for financial gain and being able to act out on their messed up fantasies are an added bonus to them Phone Post 3.0

Here's the video if a blue Could help me.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/tamir-rice-shooitng-video-warning-cleveland-police-release-surveillance-video Phone Post 3.0

rRooster - Here's the video if a blue Could help me.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/tamir-rice-shooitng-video-warning-cleveland-police-release-surveillance-video Phone Post 3.0

wtf?? they ran their car in the park super fast right next to him and killed him immediately?

????

Yes, thats exactly what the video evidence shows.

"Deputy Chief Ed Tomba tells the TV station the boy had the weapon in his waistband, pulled it out and one officer fired two shots. He says the boy didn't make any verbal threats or point the gun."

MisterFixit - Yes, thats exactly what the video evidence shows.

"Deputy Chief Ed Tomba tells the TV station the boy had the weapon in his waistband, pulled it out and one officer fired two shots. He says the boy didn't make any verbal threats or point the gun."

why even drive their car like 3 foot away from the kid in a very aggressive manner?

The police claims they were off camera when they told him to drop his gun or something? Pity we don't have a wider angle.

Modern technology (video capabilities) exposes mistakes police occasionally make - which erodes the luster, so to speak.

"12 year old? How tall how big? The 18 year old urban youth that sparked the ridiculous bullsh*t in ferguson was 6' 5", 285. Thug looking dude points gun at me, it will get shot. If its a 12 year old playing bad guy in the real world, TFB."

by that logic.. Criminals are "judged" by cops based on stature and appearance as opposed to actual threat. Seems retarded as a big teddy bear could be 10x less threatening than a small-for-height/weight little dipshit actually holding a gun with intent to harm.

is that reason alone not a reason to judge threat based on situation and NOT appearance?

junkyarddogg24 - 
In Limbo -

i think the people could have rallied behind a much "better" cause than mike brown.....at least based on what info is out currently

was watching a cnn special on nypd's relationship with the urban youths and some disturbing videos were shown of typical asshole nypd shit going on

no murders or anything, but certainly harrassment and overreactions by the cops were evident

im usually on the "conservative side of things when i get into the OG political/race threads........but i do believe that police mentality is currently fucked up and have experienced, first hand, NYPD strong handedness

Don't call them if you don't like them or their approach. Phone Post 3.0

great logic there

MMAdotCOM - "There is something wrong when cops have a looser ROE than I did in Afghanistan."

Truth Phone Post 3.0
Undeniable sensibility. Phone Post 3.0

junkyarddogg24 -
In Limbo -

Don't call them if you don't like them or their approach. Phone Post 3.0
So you believe that our options should be:

A) Just accept that we have a militarized and overzealous police force which increasingly kills citizens without just cause.

B) State our objections to the above, but not call the cops should a need arise?

You are fucking brilliant, sir. Well done. Phone Post 3.0

Because people don't trust the government and the police are the main branch of the government with whom they have contact Phone Post 3.0

junkyarddogg24 -
amadeus - So I belong to another forum that has alot of cops on it. Someone last night posted about the 12 year old that was gunned down in less than 2 seconds. The first response went...

"12 year old? How tall how big? The 18 year old urban youth that sparked the ridiculous bullsh*t in ferguson was 6' 5", 285. Thug looking dude points gun at me, it will get shot. If its a 12 year old playing bad guy in the real world, TFB."

I replied with...

"Sorry but I disagree on this one. The cop pulled right up next to him and shot him in less than 2 seconds. That isn't really even enough time for a 12 year old kid to react. The kid's actions leading up to the encounter were stupid but the cop acted to quickly. Probably a nervous rookie, but still a bad call.

Right or wrong, I could see and understand protests over this one. Sadly the idiots are too busy screaming about 'justice' for an obvious thug."

The responses that followed, all coming from present and former cops disgusted me...

"Youre on the wrong side on this one. Exactly how the F long wouldyou like the officer to wait when a gun is involved? Then put YOURSELF in the same position, go ahead and wait. When youre alone with an armed suspect, will YOU do better? Want to have aconversation with him? Want to call the Hostage Team? Please."

"No more to be said. I'd drop him before getting out of the car too."

"Its learned predator behavior--first he struts and demonstrates that he has a "big dick", then he sits and waits for the females or challengers to arrive. In his case a bigger, stronger, smarter foe arrived. What happened there is Natural Selection at its most basic level. At least he wont breed."

"This is absolutely learned alpha-male behavior at the most basic level. Tends to work until you cross the dominant alpha male and learn your lesson, in this case permanently. If elimination of this t*rd saves one life or prevents a rape down the road, it was/is worth it."

"I'm a little surprised that the LEOs didn't angle in on the pavement and both fire from behind the cruiser's doors."

"I checked my calendar and on this day ZERO fornication's were given."

I finally weighed in again...

"Some of you need to step back and listen to yourselves... You're talking about a 12 year old kid with a toy gun. Who knew he had a toy gun. Was he stupid in waving it about? Absolutely. But kids do stupid shit all the time. That doesn't mean he deserves to die for it. Watch the video... The claim is that the cops ordered him 3 times to put his hands up. I dont know if this is true and have no reason to doubt it, but time yourself, barking that order 3 times. It takes me an average of 1.5 seconds. The cop opened up on him in less than two seconds. Meaning that the kid likely didn't even have time to realize what was happening before he was shot. Watch the video. Yes its grainy, but it doesn't look like the kid is reaching for the gun; and it certainly makes no sense that a kid, knowing that he has a toy, is going to pull it on cops who are carrying the real thing. Not if he understands what is going on.

I wasn't there and I can't say for sure what happened based on grainy video with no sound. I'm not blaming the cop beyond saying it was a tragic and bad call. But a 12 year old with a toy gun does not deserve to die for doing stupid things that 12 year old kids tend to do. I understand that cops have a dangerous job, but that's the risk they are paid to assume. There is something wrong when cops have a looser ROE than I did in Afghanistan.

Some of you need to understand that no matter how well you teach them, your kids are likely to do something equally stupid. They're kids... Would you be ok if that resulted in his death in less 2 seconds!?

(This is all I have to say about this... I know I'm the minority on this one and all I can say is this one is bad.)"

I was then told to get off my high horse...

But this fucking disgusts me coming from cops. I know, or at least hope, this isn't endemic but it shows a complete lack of empathy or even caring that a kid died. It shit like this that is gonna get people to turn on cops... And they'll have no one to blame but themselves.
If the cop sees the gun on the perps waistband and the perp refuses a lawful order to comply, depending on state and pd procedure, he may likely be allowed to u se deadly physical force to eliminate the threat.

It is UNREASONABLE for a police officer to give a lawful order to get on the ground, have a non compliant perp and then simply walk to the perp.

The cop could potentially be killed. The fact that it is a 12 year old child or the fact that it is an imitation pistol is irrelevant. The threat must be considered as serious as they come.

If you people afford the caller the right to call 911 due to a possible suspicion of a firearm why can't you afford the police officer that same right when he is called to the scene to conduct an investigation? Phone Post 3.0
I think you are a troll. I don't even think you area cop or know any. You just sound like a straight up idiot. None of the shit you say makes any sense. You add zero to this conversation. Phone Post 3.0

KneeUpperCut Ios - Its insane to think an intelligent person has any other option but to shoot a moron pulling a gun out of their waistband after you instruct them to put their hands up lol

It is, but that won't stop these idiots from claiming otherwise.

Hell, man they've played Call of Duty and have mentally ran these scenarios thousands of times in their head! That's gotta count for something...