Ever work out next to pro athlete/pro wrestler?

You ever been in the gym pumping your guns at the same time as a pro wrestler or any pro athlete?

I was talking to a neighbor of mine who was a big wrestling fan in the 80s/90s and the gym he would go to he'd see a lot of WWF guys whenever they were in town.

Told me about how strong some of them were, like Ultimate Warrior, Warlord, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart.  Neidhart curled 110 dumbbells no problem, my neighbor said.

Bret would pump out sets on the bench with 405 no problem.

In my college days Ken Shamrock would always be at the gym about the same time I was. I spotted him a few times. nice dude every time. It was hard not to mark out. Phone Post 3.0

Warlord was a fuckin beast

Scotty 2 hottie was at my gym sometimes. Bill kazmier delivered equipment to gym I worked on then played with weights Phone Post 3.0

Also not too many years ago, David Justice was at the LA fitness I went to- different gym then the one Ken was at Phone Post 3.0

Always thought the Warlord could have been a top heel for a long time. Guy never got over. Shame. Phone Post

Strongest guy I ever worked out with was Strongman competitor Joe Onosai.  He behind-the-neck pressed 405 FOR REPS at the Honolulu Golds one of the days I was there.  A 6'5" 400 lb dude that was freakishly strong.

I was thinking that I'd go heavy with incline dumbbell presses on chest day so I skipped flat bench and ended with the 120's for 8 reps.  Pretty proud of myself.  Former Chiefs Defensive Tackle Ana Tuiasosopo was next.  He took the 120's and did FLYES with them for like 15 reps.  Fuck that.

Curtis Leffler worked out at that same Gold's in Honolulu.  He leg pressed 1,000 lbs for 50 reps.

Mookie 3:16 - 

You ever been in the gym pumping your guns at the same time as a pro wrestler or any pro athlete?

I was talking to a neighbor of mine who was a big wrestling fan in the 80s/90s and the gym he would go to he'd see a lot of WWF guys whenever they were in town.

Told me about how strong some of them were, like Ultimate Warrior, Warlord, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart.  Neidhart curled 110 dumbbells no problem, my neighbor said.

SnapLocally - 
Mookie 3:16 - 

Lol.   what?

Me talking to my neighbor or you don't think those wrestlers can put up that weight?

Flex Lewis about an hour ago Phone Post 3.0

Marcus Jones and Dave Bautista go to the same gym as me. Marcus Jones seems like a very nice guy. He often talks to random people and seems happy. Bautista seems much, much less friendly.

I've never approached either of them. I always feel awkward disturbing people. Phone Post 3.0

RIP

Oh, I saw Billy Gunn there once too. FWIW, his ass still holds up. Phone Post 3.0

MM-eh - 

RIP

Yeah along with Bret and Anvil, my neighbor also mentioned Bulldog.  Said he was incredibly strong.

Well, since most of them are roided out I would expect them to lift heavy. Phone Post 3.0

yes to both

worked out for years at the Kakakaua Boxing Gym; sparred with/worked out next to world champion kickboxers and boxers

there was, for a few years, a pro-wrestling ring set up at the same gym. local pro-wrestlers would practice their craft there

Well i Trained at Power MMA for a while. Did some boxing and cardio next to Ryan Bader if that counts.

(Dude is pretty beastly)

Canseco about 10 years ago

big dude...no homo...

ok..maybe a little homo...but no pics

I worked out next to a big ole barrell chested hillbilly of a guy one day.   He put on 430 for the bench.  I thought this guy is trying this lift with no spotter; he's going to hurt himself.  I said, "Hey buddy, you want a spot?"  

He said in a long drawn out country twang, "Ha Ha Ha!  Naw man, I'm just warming up."  He wasn't being a dick either, he was serious.  And he was seriously amused that I thought he might want a spot for his warmup.  Ole boy cranked off 15+ reps.

I didn't know it but that guy was Willie Williams who was, at the time, the world's number two bench presser.  Ole boy looked like he was probably strong, but straight up didn't look THAT strong.  Freakish thing I had ever seen.