Ever work out next to pro athlete/pro wrestler?

Bautista, John Cena, Derek Jeter and some other guys at a gym here in Tampa. Lots of wrestlers come through here. Bautista was a monster. The guy is like 4 feet wide. Jeter was a little taller than I imagined but pretty slim.

Also saw Big Show at Best Buy and he's by far the biggest human I've ever seen. His jean shorts looked like they could house an entire Japanese family. Phone Post 3.0

Darth Ryase - Bautista, John Cena, Derek Jeter and some other guys at a gym here in Tampa. Lots of wrestlers come through here. Bautista was a monster. The guy is like 4 feet wide. Jeter was a little taller than I imagined but pretty slim.

Also saw Big Show at Best Buy and he's by far the biggest human I've ever seen. His jean shorts looked like they could house an entire Japanese family. Phone Post 3.0

Jeter is 6'3" i believe

While he was with AKA Baroni used to come to the Golds Gym in South San Jose, I saw him at least once a week. I almost took his machine on accident one day... Phone Post 3.0

teabagexpress - 

Canseco about 10 years ago

big dude...no homo...

ok..maybe a little homo...but no pics

I worked out at the Walnut Creek Golds in the late 80's and some of the A's would go in there.  Obviously Jose was huge, so was Reggie.  However the guy that looked the most roided to me was Rickey.  He looked like he was carved out of black granite.  Seriously looked like he was a bulking cycle away from bein able to step onto an NPC stage.

Freshman year of college we were at a health club and Tony Mandarich was there. Never saw a guy that big in my life at that point

He was nice guy

Spotted for Peter North

Friendly guy

Samoa - 

Strongest guy I ever worked out with was Strongman competitor Joe Onosai.  He behind-the-neck pressed 405 FOR REPS at the Honolulu Golds one of the days I was there.  A 6'5" 400 lb dude that was freakishly strong.

I was thinking that I'd go heavy with incline dumbbell presses on chest day so I skipped flat bench and ended with the 120's for 8 reps.  Pretty proud of myself.  Former Chiefs Defensive Tackle Ana Tuiasosopo was next.  He took the 120's and did FLYES with them for like 15 reps.  Fuck that.

Curtis Leffler worked out at that same Gold's in Honolulu.  He leg pressed 1,000 lbs for 50 reps.

Yup, I used to see Joe Onosai at the Kapiolani Golds all the time. Guy was HUGE and with the matai tattoos he looked serious as a heart attack. Also saw Tony Leitao rep with 550 lbs. on the bench at the Golds on South Street. Poly-Powah!

To answer OP's question, I worked out next to Scott Steiner one time when he was in town. He was funny as f@ck and kept cracking jokes.

Sorry, Tony "Leiato".

http://archives.starbulletin.com/96/06/04/sports/leiato.gif

Joe is / was one big ass motherfucker.  We were drinking at Lewers in Waikiki with him, Ana, Jesse Sapolu and Saleva'a (Sumo wrestler "Konoshiki") and he was still the most imposing figure in the place. 

Funny store with Saleva'a.  We were at the hotel drinking by the pool and he gets into an argument with Al Noga (used to play for the Vikings and Redskins) about if Al could knock him back.  Sale ends up putting his heels at the edge of the pool and let Al take a running start at him to try to knock him in the pool.  Not even close; Sale didn't budge.

The Mat Pimp - Sorry, Tony "Leiato".

http://archives.starbulletin.com/96/06/04/sports/leiato.gif

LOL, I knew who you meant.

I would imagine it would be as embarrassing as JO'ing next to Mandingo. Phone Post 3.0

The Mat Pimp - 
Samoa - 

Strongest guy I ever worked out with was Strongman competitor Joe Onosai.  He behind-the-neck pressed 405 FOR REPS at the Honolulu Golds one of the days I was there.  A 6'5" 400 lb dude that was freakishly strong.

I was thinking that I'd go heavy with incline dumbbell presses on chest day so I skipped flat bench and ended with the 120's for 8 reps.  Pretty proud of myself.  Former Chiefs Defensive Tackle Ana Tuiasosopo was next.  He took the 120's and did FLYES with them for like 15 reps.  Fuck that.

Curtis Leffler worked out at that same Gold's in Honolulu.  He leg pressed 1,000 lbs for 50 reps.

Yup, I used to see Joe Onosai at the Kapiolani Golds all the time. Guy was HUGE and with the matai tattoos he looked serious as a heart attack. Also saw Tony Leitao rep with 550 lbs. on the bench at the Golds on South Street. Poly-Powah!

To answer OP's question, I worked out next to Scott Steiner one time when he was in town. He was funny as f@ck and kept cracking jokes.

saw Joe O and his crew of huge Soles a number of times at the old 'the Gym' in Kakaako

as I recall, almost everyone that trained at the Gym possessed monster mass and strength (compared to me anyway)

The Gold's on South Street had a ton of strong dudes, and it was so nice because if you didn't want any bullshit you could just go in the open air section in the back which was usually empty. They had three squat racks and I had some of best workouts ever there. When that gym closed I just started lifting at home.

I was in my company's gym when this about 175 lbs guy came in, he looked fit but nothing out of extraordinary.

Dude then proceded to benchpress super cleanly 6x160kg (350lbs) and after that squatted same weights like some friggin hydraulic lift, with immaculate form.

I was like what the hell is this guy, is the dude even same species as me, but turns out he was national powerlifting medalist. Crazy to see pretty average sized guy lift such a heavy ass weights.

I only ever worked out in the vicinity of Davey Boy at the UofC once, but used to watch him/Dynamite/Owen/Bad News Allen/Cuban Assassin/Mukhan Singh (sp?) from the crowd at Stampede Wrestling when I was young.

They were all super-tiny before they went on the juice.

kindofawesome - Well, since most of them are roided out I would expect them to lift heavy. Phone Post 3.0

THIS...the pro wrestlers are soo roided out that it almost takes away their strength feats...im sure they are strong as hell but what else would you expect from guys that have been juicing for years??

i lifted next to one of the Buswhackers years ago..i didnt bother him but he seemed friendly, dont remember the poundages he was lifting though..

i do remember lifting next to an offensive linebacker for northwestern uni about 10 years ago..this was when i was at my strongest and this guy was easily benching 425...he put 315 on there and repped it like a normal guy would 135.....he had a weird routine, he would hit different body-parts one after another..didnt seem to matter, he was still big and strong as a bull..

BJTT_MrAntichrist - While he was with AKA Baroni used to come to the Golds Gym in South San Jose, I saw him at least once a week. I almost took his machine on accident one day... Phone Post 3.0

Baroni always struck me as a guy with beach muscles...the guy who could probably lift a lot in the gym but as far as actual mma strength, wasnt that impressive...

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Bry Bry - 
kindofawesome - Well, since most of them are roided out I would expect them to lift heavy. Phone Post 3.0

THIS...the pro wrestlers are soo roided out that it almost takes away their strength feats...im sure they are strong as hell but what else would you expect from guys that have been juicing for years??

i lifted next to one of the Buswhackers years ago..i didnt bother him but he seemed friendly, dont remember the poundages he was lifting though..

i do remember lifting next to an offensive linebacker for northwestern uni about 10 years ago..this was when i was at my strongest and this guy was easily benching 425...he put 315 on there and repped it like a normal guy would 135.....he had a weird routine, he would hit different body-parts one after another..didnt seem to matter, he was still big and strong as a bull..

lol...

most wrasslers are naturally huge

i workout sometimes with pro or olympic level athletes. runners/basketball/ judo/ soccer etc because a friend of mine helps with their conditioning training. and sometimes when i am around. he ask me if i like to train together with those guys/women.

for me it is great, because although i will never match their level on their sport that they are pro in. nothing stops me from having the same mindset as them. and train as hard as them.

it is really awesome to witness it. no youtube video can ever match that.

i also advise everyone who wants to train seriously or wants to lose fat. try at least to train 1 time a week with a pro athelete. not a trainer. but a real athelete. a trainer can teach you the right moves on certain excercises, but can never show you the mindset those athlethes have. but once you see how hard those guys train in real life. then you think fuck i want to do that too. for me it is a real boost.