Ever work out next to pro athlete/pro wrestler?

Test from the WWE used to workout at our gym. He was so loud, it was silly. Phone Post 3.0

I was in gold one years ago (probably on one of the 4 days a year I worked out on). WWF was in town and the undertaker walks in. Nobody talked to him, just stared. He's benching some ungodly amount of weight. I walk over and ask if I can work in with him. I'm 5'9 140#'s. He stands up and looks down at me and starts laughing! We ended up talking for 20 minutes. I'm not a wrestling fan but he was a good guy. Phone Post 3.0

When I used to train. Myles Jury did a seminar at our gym a couple of times. But thats it.

25 years ago I used to work out with Lou Thesz. He was 72 and still lifting daily.

22 years ago I used to work out with Ivan Koloff 4 days a week.

At Powerhouse gym in Charlotte I used to see Stan Lane and Carrot-top daily. Carrot-top was not on the juice just yet and was weak as hell. Whatever I would lift he would go behind me and cut the weights in half if not more. All this was in Charlotte, NC.

MM-eh - 

I only ever worked out in the vicinity of Davey Boy at the UofC once, but used to watch him/Dynamite/Owen/Bad News Allen/Cuban Assassin/Mukhan Singh (sp?) from the crowd at Stampede Wrestling when I was young.

They were all super-tiny before they went on the juice.

No way Bad News Allen has ever been super tiny....juice or no juice. Owen I can believe was small.

I used to work out with 2 guys who later on went on to become Mr. Universe. Without going to look up some stuff I cannot remember their names right now. Sucks getting old and forgetting people's names.

golds gym, venice ca. everyday day for years

Lux Fixxins - 
LoneWolf50 - I used to work out with 2 guys who later on went on to become Mr. Universe. Without going to look up some stuff I cannot remember their names right now. Sucks getting old and forgetting people's names.
They combined to become Mr. universe?

Like a voltron? Phone Post 3.0

No they both won the Mr. Universe events separately.

Looked them up online and it's Wayne Grady...big during the late 80's and early 90's.

Other one was Johnny Stewart....he was basically a middleweight but won the Mr. Universe sometime during the late 90's. I lifted with him during 1992 in Charlotte, NC. He was cockstrong for sure.

BJTT_MrAntichrist - While he was with AKA Baroni used to come to the Golds Gym in South San Jose, I saw him at least once a week. I almost took his machine on accident one day... Phone Post 3.0
That would've been a "NYBA raped me. AMA" thread. Phone Post 3.0

I've told this story on here before but here it goes

I was working out one day at equinox on 54th st and this guy comes in wearing jeans, boots, a sweater, and a beanie with a cup of coffee. Everyone keeps looking at him, but I can't make out who it is, nor do I really care. So I grab some battle ropes and my gloves and go into the cardio studio to hit the bag and do some ropes. About 30 minutes later I walk out and make my way to the locker room as I'm going to walk in this small dude comes waking dead in the center taking up the doorway. He looks dead at me and keeps walking forward, then I recognize him, it's Shia lebouf. He looks at me like I should move, which I don't. And he walks into my chest, his nose to my chest and I just stop and stand there, thus forcing him to slink around me.

One of the trainers starts laughing and I look at him and go "wtf was that" and chuckle. He's like "don't worry, he's a dick to everyone... He thinks he's a bad ass, meanwhile he can't bench his body weight" Phone Post 3.0

I lived in Calgary in 1999 and I was at the gym when Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart came in and started working out, he was kind of half working out and half just chatting with people even gave out a few pics. Anyways I was doing some seated rows and he came up and asked if he could do a set and of course I said yes, he then did some reps with the whole stack, he said thanks and I said no problem. I still kick myself today that I didn't chat with him some more and maybe get a pic. Phone Post 3.0

Rico my gym is in peachtree city Phone Post 3.0

someonestolemysocks - I've told this story on here before but here it goes

I was working out one day at equinox on 54th st and this guy comes in wearing jeans, boots, a sweater, and a beanie with a cup of coffee. Everyone keeps looking at him, but I can't make out who it is, nor do I really care. So I grab some battle ropes and my gloves and go into the cardio studio to hit the bag and do some ropes. About 30 minutes later I walk out and make my way to the locker room as I'm going to walk in this small dude comes waking dead in the center taking up the doorway. He looks dead at me and keeps walking forward, then I recognize him, it's Shia lebouf. He looks at me like I should move, which I don't. And he walks into my chest, his nose to my chest and I just stop and stand there, thus forcing him to slink around me.

One of the trainers starts laughing and I look at him and go "wtf was that" and chuckle. He's like "don't worry, he's a dick to everyone... He thinks he's a bad ass, meanwhile he can't bench his body weight" Phone Post 3.0

Dude unless I misread this post seems like you're the dick who thinks he is a badass.

Less than 5% of people can bench their own bodyweight....probably higher than that.

Never worked out with any, but on my 21st bday i saw Mr Perfect and the West Texas Rednecks at this bar by the airport in Milwaukee. Mr Perfect was playing cribbage when i walked in, he looked up, gave a death stare, i was terrified. It was kinda awesome. Phone Post 3.0

LoneWolf50 -
someonestolemysocks - I've told this story on here before but here it goes

Dude unless I misread this post seems like you're the dick who thinks he is a badass.

Less than 5% of people can bench their own bodyweight....probably higher than that.
I'm sorry I forgot to add the part where he walked around mean mugging people and calling people fattys under his breath. Trust me, he was a giant douche. He doesn't have the reputation for no reason.

Also, I'm running on 2 hours of sleep so it didn't compute that the thread was about strictly athletes lol. Phone Post 3.0

I have no problem thinking Shia LeBouf is a douche.....I'm almost certain he is.

tunaburn - Well i Trained at Power MMA for a while. Did some boxing and cardio next to Ryan Bader if that counts.

(Dude is pretty beastly)

I bet you got a good night of sleep that night huh?

Mookie 3:16 - 

You ever been in the gym pumping your guns at the same time as a pro wrestler or any pro athlete?

I was talking to a neighbor of mine who was a big wrestling fan in the 80s/90s and the gym he would go to he'd see a lot of WWF guys whenever they were in town.

Told me about how strong some of them were, like Ultimate Warrior, Warlord, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart.  Neidhart curled 110 dumbbells no problem, my neighbor said.

Way back in the day I shared a weight room with Brett Hart.

I was 185 and pulling four plates for reps in deadlifts.

He made me seem like I had never lifted before - the dude was beyond strong.

Samoa -

Strongest guy I ever worked out with was Strongman competitor Joe Onosai.  He behind-the-neck pressed 405 FOR REPS at the Honolulu Golds one of the days I was there.  A 6'5" 400 lb dude that was freakishly strong.

I was thinking that I'd go heavy with incline dumbbell presses on chest day so I skipped flat bench and ended with the 120's for 8 reps.  Pretty proud of myself.  Former Chiefs Defensive Tackle Ana Tuiasosopo was next.  He took the 120's and did FLYES with them for like 15 reps.  Fuck that.

Curtis Leffler worked out at that same Gold's in Honolulu.  He leg pressed 1,000 lbs for 50 reps.

Behind the neck press for 405lbs? Phone Post 3.0

Scott Steiner & Buff Bagwell were wrestling at some indy show that was happening at my University so they were using one of the weight rooms. Scott Steiner's hips and knees were so bad he could barely walk up the stairs. But he still pushed serious weight with out much effort.