EverQuest

Did anyone used to play this game?

Does anyone still play?

I just reinstalled after 10 years (EQ for Mac)....kinda fun to be honest.

Everything is on lock down due to box armies. Phone Post

Evercrack Phone Post

My ex did. I stayed away from it. Played warcraft instead. Phone Post 3.0

It was the best mmo I've ever played. I particularly enjoyed being able to camp and farm for items unlike wow where things are random. And dying cost you xp and a run for your body. Mmos have become to kid and casual friendly so I quit playing them. Phone Post

Is this the piece of shit game that Curt Schiling invested in? 

Darup -  It was the best mmo I've ever played. I particularly enjoyed being able to camp and farm for items unlike wow where things are random. And dying cost you xp and a run for your body. Mmos have become to kid and casual friendly so I quit playing them. Phone Post

I decided to start playing again casually. I quit playing EQ for WoW and havent played any MMO's for a while after I quit WoW, but decided to start playing EQ casually. They have a Mac server and apparently it's filled with a lot of old school people who came back to the game. I rerolled my old Dark Elf Shadowknight. Im having fun so far, I forgot how much more difficult it was than WoW. EQ is definitely not easy mode.

*edit*

This post was full of wierd errors and redundancies. Im tired. Fucking black bears.

I used to play waaay back in the day, I started right after Kunark came out. I quit after.. umm. Omens of war in 2004 I think. I remember being soooo proud when I got my epic weapon.

UO was and is superior. Phone Post 3.0

I tried it and WW. Not bad but they are NOT gaming so pass for me.

EQ is free now btw. That was a big part in the decision lol

EQ was very fun. I was goona play EQ2 at launch, but my system couldn't run it, so I went with WoW at launch. Played WoW for a long time.

I tried to play EQ again when it went free, but it's just too damn clunky and glitchy. The last straw was when I went to attack a red mob, and gasp! it was actually 2 of the exact same mob on the exact same point in the zone and you could not fucking tell. I died and hit /q and never went back.

Played EQ through Planes of Power. I play EQII now which has a much better raid experience than any game on the market IMO.

I am bias however, seeing as I am a developer for EQII... ;)

Hey Daralon... Phone Post

TheVandalz - Played EQ through Planes of Power. I play EQII now which has a much better raid experience than any game on the market IMO.

I am bias however, seeing as I am a developer for EQII... ;)

Is it true there will be an EQ 3?

Yes, it will be revealed and playable at the next SOE Live. Can't say absolutely ANYTHING else about it, however.

No MMO will ever recreate the terrror of dieing in lower guk and not being able to find anyone to summon your corpse, naked corpse run anyone?

TheVandalz - Yes, it will be revealed and playable at the next SOE Live. Can't say absolutely ANYTHING else about it, however.

hmm interesting.

Can you answer this...

Will it be a time sink or can casual players play too?  Mix of both (kinda like WoW I guess).

Never played EQ.

Played City of Heroes & City of Villians. Probably my favorite MMO to date.

Played D&D On-Line. Sucked.

Played WoW for WAY too long.

Tried Champions, DC Universe. Currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Lightsabers FTW!

I might try Neverwinter when it releases. That's what, two weeks?

Passive Jay - 

No MMO will ever recreate the terrror of dieing in lower guk and not being able to find anyone to summon your corpse, naked corpse run anyone?

lmao!

I played on the Tunare server btw...way back in the day.

and my Stormfeather camp only took 20 minutes. :)