Every have a microdiscectomy?

I talked to someone who is a radiologist and he offered to look at my MRI. Said its a pretty bad L4-L5 disc herniation. He said the disc jelly is coming out and falling down my spine. Pain was once unbearable but now can be described as bearable but with constant discomfort. 

I'm about to have a check up with my neurologist after my 2nd unnsuccesful round of physical therapy. When do you know its time to talk surgery? How long until I should give up on this healing on its own? Any questions I should ask? I've never had surgery before. I can live with this and don't like the idea of amputating a piece of my disc but I've been sleeping on the floor for almost 5 months and wouldn't mind getting in the bed again.

Dammit, should be EVER have a microdiscectomy, obviously.

In for info. Weidman had it done was supposedly back to training in 6 mos. The other option for herniations is a fusion and has a much longer recovery.

Anyone know recovery time for haing bone spurs removed from verterbrae?

I had one 13 years ago and it left me much worse off. I then went to an orthopedic surgeon 4 months laterwho fused my L4 and L5 and put a bone graft inside. I'm ro k solid still and play sports at 44 years old. The neurosurgeon that worked on me had numerous complaints about him, I found out later.

Licks72 - I had one 13 years ago and it left me much worse off. I then went to an orthopedic surgeon 4 months laterwho fused my L4 and L5 and put a bone graft inside. I'm ro k solid still and play sports at 44 years old. The neurosurgeon that worked on me had numerous complaints about him, I found out later.

No siatica or pain anymore at all?

dustynothing -
Licks72 - I had one 13 years ago and it left me much worse off. I then went to an orthopedic surgeon 4 months laterwho fused my L4 and L5 and put a bone graft inside. I'm ro k solid still and play sports at 44 years old. The neurosurgeon that worked on me had numerous complaints about him, I found out later.

No siatica or pain anymore at all?

Sorry, I didn't see this. No pain. I rarely get stiff. I did just have an mri yesterday for my neck. The Dr. said that there may be an issue with my neck later in life due to losing flexibility. I don't feel I lost flexibility so this neck thing may be a degenerative disc issue. My L4 and L5 are solid.

Had one on my L4 five years ago. Took about a year to fully heal. Your back will never be perfect. I"ve been able to do everything I used to do. Sports, weightlifting etc etc. I just have to be careful and know when to take it easy

Frat... so what's the deal you had your tiny penis removed?