Every stuffed takedown from Woodley/Maia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6njt3kpOQ

If someone prefers streamable, here's a link for that:

https://streamable.com/lz1yg

After the first shot I thought Maia was going to get him down. After that first one he didn't come close again.

Maia's striking is so poor that T-Wood had no fear

crazydave - 

Did not stop all the other wrestlers from getting taken down.

Boring fight but credit should be given to Tyrone here esp for not getting caught in a guard pull either

crazydave -

T Wood was ALL fear. Which is why Maia never came close. Woodley wouldn't try to finish him.  If he had, he'd have put himself in danger.  

This is why he doesn't get the GSP fight. He bored the audience to tears. 

Do you think that the audience would've been bored if Woodley would've tried to finish Maia as hard as Maia tried to take Woodley down? 

Woodley got points for stopping takedowns. Pathetic. 

Maia was the pathetic one.

Fight was so strange. Maia in his last 10? matches was able to get guys down so I figured at some point he'd get Woodley down as long as he didn't get ko'd. Also hated how he would not always setup his takedowns. 

A well timed jumping knee would of put us all out of our misery. Easier said than done but the opportunity was there.

I never thought the fight was boring, didnt think of boredom until I heard Dana complaining about it. I watched that whole fight and was into it the whole time. It didnt deliver a big crescendo finish, but sometimes fights end that way, its just the nature of some matchups, part of the sport. I just enjoyed watching both fighters work.

Wilders of the Lost Each - I kind of want to see Woodley vs GSP now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_OVz3fLmZI

blue please

I had a feeling Maia wasn't going to be able to take Woodley down. Isn't Woodley the best wrestler he's faced at 170?

Maia should have just spent his entire training camp practicing flurrying against the cage and faking takedowns to set that up. That should have been plan B after the first round.

How many takedown attempts did woodley have??

Had Woodley not grabbed the fence during take down attempts # 4 and 13 this fight would have been much different.

Woodley is a cheat.

Neither of those guys are prolific strikers. Woodley took zero chances and left it to the judges as a gameplan. He made Maia chase him and never advanced. He sat on the outside even though he really is not that effective of a striker from the outside. Even when Maia was hurt Woodley sat back and a safe distance and milked the points off stuffed takedowns.

I am with Dana on this one. Nobody wants to see gameplans like that. Woodley took zero chances and while I credit him for a smart effective fight, I wouldn't be inclined to buy a PPV to watch him fight - ever.

daba - 

Fight was so strange. Maia in his last 10? matches was able to get guys down so I figured at some point he'd get Woodley down as long as he didn't get ko'd. Also hated how he would not always setup his takedowns. 

He didn't need to. The setup is in order to get in on the shot. He accomplished that over and over with out the set up. The finish is what was lacking. He was in deep numerous times. He had singles and doubles. He had position and Woodley was defensive. He failed in his finish. Maia hits the drawing board and he focuses on finishes, he can already get in. My $.02 at least.

Wilders of the Lost Each - I kind of want to see Woodley vs GSP now.

Good lord if they make that bout, you had better have at least an 8 ball of blow and ripping rails non stop if you're going to stay awake till the end.

Georges may be even more conservative than Woodley. More safety first type approach. One i skip for sure and just read results later.

That said, it was a thing of beauty to watch that clip and all the defended take down attempts. Anyone know it that's a record?