Every Tyson Fight

Im only up to number 19, all the videos have worked so far, but I thought I'd share this link if anyone wants to watch the entire professional career of one of the most polarizing figures in combat sports history. I remember hating him when I was a kid watching him on TV, but I have grown to appreciate and respect Mike Tyson a great deal.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF15B81FACF624991

Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Dubs! Voted up!

That's awesome!! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks! Tyson was a special boxer. You think Mayweather pulls numbers? Imagine if Tyson fought now. Phone Post 3.0

In for later Phone Post 3.0

I wish he would've fought Foreman

No event got the worlds attention like a mike Tyson fight. Everyone on the planet knew who Tyson was. He didn't need super fights or another big name, star opponent, Tyson himself was the attraction. Phone Post 3.0

ProteinOverdrive - Thanks! Tyson was a special boxer. You think Mayweather pulls numbers? Imagine if Tyson fought now. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he pull better numbers now? The HW division at that time was red hot.

sub for later thx op!

For those that know boxing well, how much unrealized potential did Tyson have?

If he didn't have the personal problems would his legacy be different or did he max his potential and they wouldn't have mattered regardless?

Were those demons part of what made him good in the ring?

I'm watching the fights and just wondering if all the outside the ring stuff was what stopped his development or if there was no more development possible.

What was the primary reason for him not ending up with a career that left him an undisputed GOAT like MJ, Gretzky, etc. Phone Post 3.0

For after work. Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Sweet!

You sir are King of the Internets for the day

VU

VU brahmabull. Appreciate the response. Phone Post 3.0

Thank u Phone Post 3.0

LitUp - For those that know boxing well, how much unrealized potential did Tyson have?

If he didn't have the personal problems would his legacy be different or did he max his potential and they wouldn't have mattered regardless?

Were those demons part of what made him good in the ring?

I'm watching the fights and just wondering if all the outside the ring stuff was what stopped his development or if there was no more development possible.

What was the primary reason for him not ending up with a career that left him an undisputed GOAT like MJ, Gretzky, etc. Phone Post 3.0

Aside from all the external factors in his life/career (Cus dying, the extreme fame and wealth at such an early age etc)I think Tyson's problems were 2 fold.

Firing and severing ties with Kevin Rooney. That was a huge mistake. Up until that happened, Tyson was a marauder. 35-0 31ko's, capped off by the annihilation of Spinks. That was the peak of Tysons boxing prowess. Once Don King got full control of his career, his skills diminished gradually, and his life was a fucking whirlwind.

Secondly, the way Tyson employed the peek-a-boo style he wasn't built for longevity. Speed, which was his biggest asset imo, diminishes over time. Not even just hand speed, but foot speed and head movement. Once a guy like Tyson starts to lose a step, he becomes mortal. There's only so much redlining your body can take before it hits diminishing returns. He still carried his power until late in his career, but his movement, especially defensively was fading.

Mike peeked in 88-89. He still had some really impressive wins after that period, but after Buster lit him up and he did his stint in prison he wasn't the same. I think what separates him from the greats you mentioned, is his desire to be the best. After a certain point Tyson didn't really want it. And he never adapted his game like a Jordan did. Once Jordan lost a step and wasn't as explosive, he perfected that mid range jumper.

Im in my 40's so I grew up in the Tyson era. There was nothing like a Tyson fight. Even after his skills diminished every fight was a spectacle and entertaining. He's my favorite HW boxer hands down. I dont know if he's the GOAT, there are plenty of arguments to be made against it. But the version of Tyson that fought Spinks would be a handful for any HW boxer, who has ever laced up the gloves.

thanks

Thanks GSD. I'll get you a VU tomorrow.

The Rooney firing seems so odd at that point of his career. I've read Mike's book and don't recall but what was the real reason he fired him? It's a bizarre move. Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0