Everybody will still watch Fedor fight.

I won't pay for it. Phone Post 3.0

BlakeHendo - not me
This. I have zero interest given Fedor clearly does as well. Phone Post 3.0

I don't catch all the ufc's let alone random can smashings on new years. I probably won't even try to avoid spoilers to watch it later and just see the gifs on reddit.

TFK_HossPearson - Agreed. I know I will. But this statement is similar to those who advocate for shitty music just because it makes a lot of money. Just because a lot of ppl will watch, doesn't make this a good matchup. Phone Post 3.0

What if Bob Dillon was making the shitty music though?

No. I won't. Phone Post 3.0

Wrinkle - I love a good can smashing, especially in Japan!

This.

Ray Cappa - No. I won't. Phone Post 3.0

You know, I may be overestimating people here because honestly many UG posters do seem like they just enjoy arguing and don't actually watch fights.

It's painfully obvious when someone on here engaged in a "debate" is getting all their insight from Wikipedia fight records.

I'll catch the gif Phone Post 3.0

I'll catch the .gif then the YouTube upload. Fuck staying in for NYE fights unless it's Brock. Phone Post 3.0

I'll watch, I'm not even angry over the match, the guy hasn't fought in YEARS, is he supposed to come back and fight a top 5 guy? That makes no sense, he needs a couple of tune up fights and then get in there will better competition.

Kanabull - 
Ray Cappa - No. I won't. Phone Post 3.0

You know, I may be overestimating people here because honestly many UG posters do seem like they just enjoy arguing and don't actually watch fights.

It's painfully obvious when someone on here engaged in a "debate" is getting all their insight from Wikipedia fight records.

Have you seen all of Jaideep's K1 fights? I have. I didn't need to check Wikipedia. I don't hate the guy, but based on his K1 fights, I'm not going to stay home NYE just to watch Fedor beat him to a Bolivian. As with the other gents on here, I'll probably catch the gif.

There seems to be two cultural fanbases at here. I don't blame the Japanese for going the can-smashing route, silly-ass fights like Bob Sapp vs who-gives-a-fuck still seem to be big and interesting over there. I don't look down on them for that, good on them for having their own thing. But in contrast, American culture seems to want plausibly competitive match ups, not just Fedor "making an appearance". It seems like this event is being solely marketed toward the Japanese fanbase. Ok cool. I'll catch the gif.

Colt Seavers666 - I'll watch, I'm not even angry over the match, the guy hasn't fought in YEARS, is he supposed to come back and fight a top 5 guy? That makes no sense, he needs a couple of tune up fights and then get in there will better competition.

I'm also not angry, but I am disappointed. There are more than two choices here: fight a can, or fight a top 5 guy. He could have been matched up much better, especially if you go the K1 or legends route.

Colt Seavers666 - I'll watch, I'm not even angry over the match, the guy hasn't fought in YEARS, is he supposed to come back and fight a top 5 guy? That makes no sense, he needs a couple of tune up fights and then get in there will better competition.

hes the thing though. hes 39-years-old and supposedly the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time. he should be up for the challenge. i bet if he wanted it bad enough he could have got the rematch with werdum for the belt and at the minimum a title eliminator bout in the ufc. hes not getting any younger. why waste one of his last few fights on a nobody?

Definitely won't be watching Phone Post 3.0

If I'm at home bored. Phone Post 3.0

I will catch the highlights. I would have been more interested in a freakshow fight. Fedor vs kimbo, shamrock, any name or up and comer. This isn't a tune up fight. Gsp hasn't fought in years. Even though I am experienced, I wouldn't be considered a tune up fight. This is a massacre for the masses. This guy wouldn't even stack up to fedors sparring partners. Phone Post 3.0

leftlegtrumpcard - I will catch the highlights. I would have been more interested in a freakshow fight. Fedor vs kimbo, shamrock, any name or up and comer. This isn't a tune up fight. Gsp hasn't fought in years. Even though I am experienced, I wouldn't be considered a tune up fight. This is a massacre for the masses. This guy wouldn't even stack up to fedors sparring partners. Phone Post 3.0

pretty sad state of affairs when fedor vs kimbo is the better option.

Nope Phone Post 3.0

Um, well if I'm sitting at home alone on NYE I will turn it to Spike.  But it's one of those cases where the opponent is so absurd that it will be bad if he beats him and bad if he loses to him.  There is no acceptable outcome to this fight.

Get a date for that night, op. Fighting is just a sport. Don't let it effect your life.

Will watch when hangover goes away. Sure competitive fights are cool and all, but watching skilled guys beat lesser skilled guys is always a fun time. Guaranteed highlight. Phone Post 3.0