Everyone that is 'over' MMA

I have been following UFC from the beginning. There are two big problems now. 1st Interim titles. These have devalued the very concept of having a champion.

Second to many PPVs. 4-6 a year tops.

They should also resurrect the WEC as a farm league.

Send wmma to a separate league. Pretty much revert back to a 2010 or 2011ish schedule. Every PPV on paper was solid and so were fight nights cause there were fewer. 

I was familiar with more people on random Strikeforce cards back then than I am with some UFC ppvs today. Could be I've just gotten busier but there are still fights every now and then that I anticipate for weeks

WMMA goes to Invicta. WMMA fans could be stoked for Invicta every 8 weeks or whatever, and real MMA fans can watch everything else and not have cards like the MSG one ruined by shoving that shit down our throats.

Drop the uniforms and WMMA, and bring back WEC. It's funny, since they increased production values and have moved to FOX the product feels too corporate now. The main reason I got into the sport was how out of control it was, the spectacle of it all. There's not that kind of feeling anymore.

Get rid of Womens MMA

Get rid of Unified Martial Arts rules and round by round scoring. When I started watching MMA it wasn't supposed to be point fighting. UMA is point fighting.

Bring back longer rounds and a judging system that incentivizes finishing fights. Judging criteria that encourages stalling like UMA = zzZZZzzzZZzzzz. "Im gonna press you against the cage for 4.5 minutes bro! 10-9 motherfucker!!!"

If you're going to have weight division belts, then make sure every challenger actually earns the shot at it. Sonnen getting nuked by Anderson then challenging for Jon's title at 205 in his very next fight... What a joke. GSP coming out of retirement after nearly 4 years to challenge for a title in a weight class he's never fought in. This also means creating a real rankings system, not a fraudulent ranking system designed to scam casual fans out of $60.

Bring back steroids. This is an individual sport, not a team sport, and it's a sport with a very high rate of injury. Let these people take modern medication. Not to mention, a huge portion of MMA fighters are drug addicts so stop overly testing them.

If you're going to headline 125-145lb fighters then put them in the smaller WEC sized cage

Fix the pacing. These shows are dreadfully boring as it is, and to make it worse the downtime between fights is longer than the fights. It was 20-25 minutes between the finish of Gunnar-Jouban and the start of Manuwa-Anderson. Terrible. Speed up the walkouts since there's nothing unique about them anymore.

UFC and the UMA rules were always considered inferior, they just ended up being the last man standing by being the best business gangsters.

tryonmytoupee - Less events. 3 or 4 stacked cards per year.

And I say 3-4 events per year because it was completely oversaturated as of now. Most cards have just a couple of decent fights on them for wayyyy too much money. It's insane.

Plus, the original intent of the UFC was to be the Super Bowl of MMA...and they've ruined that with the water-downed cards on a constant basis.

ditch uniforms. let the fighters make their own style. fewer ppvs. actually try to build stars that have talent.

Unorganized oversaturation of the market has stifled growth and interest.
The card building they currently employ is terrible.
They need to create a new ranking system, adhere to it and build off that.
They need to create an actual B leauge rather than water down the UFC name with unknown talent.
There's multiple reasons why MLB doesn't sell the Stockton Ports as an MLB team.

I agree with the general sentiment, too many cards so each one becomes watered down. This is just quickly thrown together, but these fights are all happening within about a month. This would be a great PPV card, I'd shell out $60 and plan my Sat night around it. Instead they are spread out over like 5 cards.

MAIN CARD

Cormier-Rumble

Woodley-Thompson

Weidman-Moussasi

Overeem-Hunt

Belfort-Gastelum

PRELIMS

Shogun-Villante

Brooks-Olivera

Alves-Cote

Barbosa-Dariush 

I agree with a feeder league and legit ranking/match making system.

I'm not over MMA, but I'm curious about where it's going.

Tournaments. Even if they are jist a rough guideline for match making, they need some kind of bracket or it is basically just random and rankings become too subjective.

Ive been watching it since 94. It's a great sport but it got redundant as hell for me a long time ago. Happy it exists but I do not get excited about it anymore really. Something funny is my 69 year old mother loves it and kinda keeps me informed of who the current fighters are lol. She knows more than your average bar tard fan. We all discuss MMA at holidays and my cousins can't believe how much she knows and how interested she is.

they make like its a sport. they make like ranking and shit matters. they make like your performance in the cage is enough to get you the opportunity. 

but the cunts are lying. 

this is prizefighting, not a sport. 

so be fucking honest. Do away with your lame sport references, your belts, your rankings. 

be honest that it's about putting the most famous or most angry or most pretty or most fucking douchbaggy irish or whatever it is that matters. 

stop lying and treating your audience like they're the dumbest morons with disposable cash out there. 

either be real and just make prizefights, or be a real sport and make real rules about how one captures the belt. 

I for one stopped paying over a year ago, and they aren't getting a single dollar more until  (the unlikely event) change in that direction happens. I used to get all the PPVs etc. I can't be the only hardcore fan turning off the taps. 

Jan Fox
Feb PPV
Mar FS1
Apr PPV
May Fight Pass
June PPV
July Fox
Aug PPV
Sep FS1
Oct PPV
Nov Fight Pass
Dec PPV

ThatsHowIRoll -

Please tell me what you would actually change in the UFC and how it would improve your interest in the sport. 

I know for a fact there is a huge bunch of ppl bitching here about the current UFC product so I'd like to see how many answers I get with any substance and sense in the real world of sport and business. 

yes i think i can do a better job and am available for high paying jobs only..Start off with tournements where u fight once acard and move on.Break up the stale format .Only big fights on P:PV no fluff and filler fights or shoving womans fights down our throats on PPV especially unknown woman Want more Pay me

Surly -

I agree with the general sentiment, too many cards so each one becomes watered down. This is just quickly thrown together, but these fights are all happening within about a month. This would be a great PPV card, I'd shell out $60 and plan my Sat night around it. Instead they are spread out over like 5 cards.

MAIN CARD

Cormier-Rumble

Woodley-Thompson

Weidman-Moussasi

Overeem-Hunt

Belfort-Gastelum

PRELIMS

Shogun-Villante

Brooks-Olivera

Alves-Cote

Barbosa-Dariush 

agreed

Lose Reebok.

Rankings matter ( #1 contenders get title shots first) 

Far Less WMMA fights. 

By the way, I am not "over" MMA. I am very excited for Mousasi Weidman just to throw out an upcoming fight I can't wait for. These are just some things that woulf make it more enjoyable to me.

Most of these are good homies-faith in UG restored. 

I agree 100% with getting WMMA out. 

As as for it being sport v prizefighting it is no different in boxing unfortunately. Business wins when it comes to match ups and it does devalue the importance of belts. In boxing is even worse with multiple organisations! 

For drastically reducing event numbers- my only concern is, we are all advocates for increased fighter pay. How do the lower level guys build their names and make money if there are so few chances to fight? I think the fox fight nights have their place but maybe fewer stacked PPVs are the answer

cantuna4u - Jan Fox
Feb PPV
Mar FS1
Apr PPV
May Fight Pass
June PPV
July Fox
Aug PPV
Sep FS1
Oct PPV
Nov Fight Pass
Dec PPV

You know how bored id be for weeks? This would eliminate so many mma media jobs too. Fuck this schedule