everything brock is saying on the countdown

verbal submission - 
Daniel Plainview -  It's hard to like either of those guys.

I'm hoping for a double KO.

Mir by flash KO

I think Brock is hugely entertaining both in and out of the cage. I don't see the problem here.

He talks shit, but certainly backs it up.

Do any of you hate BJ this much for all of his prefight bullshit?

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Mir has also knocked Wes Sims out with strikes...

Was NOT a KO

Brock is training with Comprido I'm pretty sure technique is not on the backburner.

with that being said I'm sure hes not learning a lot of triangle setups, and mounted armbars, because he doesn't need those to win.

I'm sure Comprido an dthe rest of his trainers are focused on developing his game around his attributes.

Remember Brock is still in his martial art infancy, as he continues to learn and refine he will be extremely dangerous to everyone.

I will always be a fan of Frank Mir, and although cocky, I thought he came off extremely well spoken in his interview. I think if anyone came back from what he did, to get the title, you would be a little cocky too. 

Brock, on the other hand, defined meathead in his interviews. He thinks he can rely solely on strength to get through the fight, and I think Mir will show him otherwise.

Yes, there are no known techniques in wrestling. It's all just strenf. Swock is a skill less oaf. You are correct.

IMO, if Brock was proportionately re-sized to the stature of Matt Hughes, his closest body type match (big neck, stocky), with his 'skills', he would not even be in the UFC.

He's all about size and not much else, I think.

Brock is a superman who will crush Mir and the dreams of every non-athlete who found refuge is this infant sport.

The MMA elitists will lament and their tears will flow as salty rivers.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Mir's trash talking style reminds me of Ken Shamrock or Trigg, just not as polished.
Mur is a rhetorical beast of his own. He's like the character of The Master with training in MMA.

WidespreadPanic - IMO, if Brock was proportionately re-sized to the stature of Matt Hughes, his closest body type match (big neck, stocky), with his 'skills', he would not even be in the UFC.

LOL...yes, there have been no incidences of D1 wrestlers amounting to anything in MMA.

If a ref screwed me out of a win, and deducted me of a point for no reason, I'd want to smack his mustache off as well. Even Mir thought it was bullshit because apparently he was going for an armbar.

Ausgepicht - 
WidespreadPanic - IMO, if Brock was proportionately re-sized to the stature of Matt Hughes, his closest body type match (big neck, stocky), with his 'skills', he would not even be in the UFC.

LOL...yes, there have been no incidences of D1 wrestlers amounting to anything in MMA.

Brock does not fight like a wrestler, except in that he tries to get on top and stall, occasionally G&P. If one didn't know he was a wrestler, it would be difficult to guess his base.

"Brock does not fight like a wrestler"

please, enlighten me, how do wrestlers fight?

Brock is learning technique and respects it, but he knows it would be b.s. to claim he's legit outside of abilities in wrestling, strength and agility. He's playing it smart...a few fights in he's already 'earned' the reputation of being a hard puncher, I imagine as he gains other techniques he'll earn a reputation for them before he brags about them. He wants to be underestimated and I think he's smarter than people give him credit for. he knows why people tune in to see him now, and he's making it pay....and he's slowly changing the reasons that people tune in to see him...it's his evolution...I'm enjoying it greatly.

the jealous is strong in this thread.

Diego stole my name - "Brock does not fight like a wrestler"

please, enlighten me, how do wrestlers fight?
You're free to disagree.

I respect Mir for the fact that he came back from a horrific injury and self-pity.

I respect Brock for realizing he was going down the wrong path in the WWE, and gave up a ton of money...drives a Chevy Aveo and lives in the country. If I had his cash, I would probably be making the same mistakes he made while in the WWE.

That being said, I'm from MN so I root for Brock! That and I think he would be a great person if you got to know him. Probably could say the same for Mir too.

sacredhate - Brock is learning technique and respects it, but he knows it would be b.s. to claim he's legit outside of abilities in wrestling, strength and agility. He's playing it smart...a few fights in he's already 'earned' the reputation of being a hard puncher, I imagine as he gains other techniques he'll earn a reputation for them before he brags about them. He wants to be underestimated and I think he's smarter than people give him credit for. he knows why people tune in to see him now, and he's making it pay....and he's slowly changing the reasons that people tune in to see him...it's his evolution...I'm enjoying it greatly.
Great post. I completely agree.

"You're free to disagree"

Well i´d like to know what you meant about how wrestlers fight

I mean if taking someone down and riding them while pounding them is not fighting like a wrestler then i must be missing something