Everything HAMMER. Todd vs. Larratt

Imagine if Larratt is able to expand on this current version of himself, while staying healthy, and facing Levan well rested and a little bigger/stronger than when he faced Todd.

Would have to be one of the GOAT matchups.

I’d be on the edge of my seat.

Larratt didn’t even appear to struggle with Todd.
It was a dominant performance.

3 Likes

I’ll pay another $6.95 to watch that match.

A little hyperbole from me maybe.

But yeah, I was watching some ‘school’ tournament on YouTube.

As someone pointed out, there was some suspicious elbiw movement, but this particular Russian beat him several times on both arms.

Here is the match without the commentary over it.

5 Likes

So aside from beating bums and juice monkeys for fun, I really didn’t know shit about the sport, I am hooking up with an actual club which will be awesome and humbling now that lockdowns are easing up.

But in the mean time a few of you guys are involved in the sport already, are there any videos you guys can recommend to learn techniques and training stuff? Also key things to avoid a broken arm?

There are a ton of instructional videos online.
I don’t have time to search for my favorites, but they are pretty much all from John Brzenk or Devon Larratt. Travis Bagent has some good stuff too.

Besides videos, I recommend the famous Q&A with John Brzenk.
It’s in written form where people submit questions and he answers them.
The subject matter is pretty broad – from technique to training to injuries – and even some stories about other famous arm wrestlers.

IMO it’s almost required reading if you are interested in the sport – and a good compliment to technique videos.
I recommend watch a few videos covering I side/outside moves – hook, top roll, press, etc – watch some competition footage – then read Brzenk’s Q&A with some insight to the things he discusses.

Here is the link:

http://armwrestling.com/jbrzenk.html

As far as safety/avoiding breaks:
There is some basic stuff.
I didn’t learn it from a video though, so I don’t have a recommendation off the top of my head.
I learned from training with armwrestlers.
Pretty sure there is some stuff in the Q&A about it.
Basically look at your hand, dont turn your body away from your hand, etc.
Don’t fight like hell from a bad position before you know what you’re doing. It’s pointless and even if you don’t get injured, you’ll blow your arm up prematurely and have less quality practice.
That’s not to say don’t resist… just use some judgement. The goal of practice is to improve.

If I find a video covering the safety basics before you do, I’ll post it.

2 Likes

This one is good for safety.

3 Likes

Awesome man, thanks

1 Like

No problem.

If I come accross any videos I think are particularly good – or some of the older Brzenk ones I am thinking of – I’ll post them.

Armwrestling videos on the internet is quite a rabbit hole to go down.

Be nice to have an ongoing armwrestling thread.

2 Likes

Devon threw their first match to build hype.

We need an OG arm match call out and video of the match.

Who vs who?

I got dibs on being the MC /announcer of the event.

1 Like

Nah. Levan was supposed to pull here.

Larrat was a substitute. When he got the call from team monster he was in a terrible place mentally.

He talks about this quite candidly and even spoke briefly on it during his post pull speech.

I’m confused to what match you’re referring to here.
?

Mask vs. Gasperini
also Toddzilla vs. Zoloev Khadzimurat
Engin Terzi vs Artur Makarov + undercard
https://www.xsportnews.com/tag/istanbul/

1 week

And an example:

1 Like

Get him a shot of whiskey asap!

Wow.
That is crazy.
I didn’t even know that was possible.

Been checking out training tips on youtube, the voice of arm wrestling seems to be coach Rai’s chancellor perhaps his buddy in all the videos, seems to have some good content.

As for that arm break, saw a nasty break at work, I destroyed the entire security team at my work and I got the new guy to go against another guy, they were even for what seemed forever then POP, was the loudest shit I’ve heard, I wonder if we saved the camera footage so I can see just what the one who’s arm broke was doing, it was back and forth in the middle the entire match. Needless to say something broke around the bicep not the elbow, I will have to ask exactly what it was called, but he has a nasty scar that goes from the elbow to shoulder along the tricep, had a steel plate put in. I know a ton of arm wrestlers have broken their arms but never seen a scar like this on them, I will try and get a picture next week when I see him again. Will check if they saved the footage as well (our cameras only record about 30 days unless you save it)

1 Like

I too have been checking out training videos, particularly on pronation.

This is an excellent 4-minute routine that will boost productivity for the average armwrestler by 33% in no time.

2 Likes