Ex fighters, how do you get your fix?

Coaching and drill work. Also Random stuff that needs conquering....example: Driving along and seeing a trail that disappears into the forest.....Park, look at my watch to see how much time I have, grab my bag and see where it goes.....Suck at surfing but trying anyways,........LayITH the smackITH down on random goon while doing security work.....Whatever. Just find something

ttt

Can you not train others and compete through them as such? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks guys. Lots of good suggestions. I love the "drink that beer" game idea. Wish Ida known about that when I was 22. Like the random trail idea too. Ive trained/cornered a couple of my guys. It definitely is worse than fighting yourself. Ill look into the judge/referee thing as well. Again, thanks guys.

Had to stop wrestling ,kickboxing, grappling a few yrs ago due to serious neck issues. I am going on 48 and it is killing me,can't find anything to fill that void. Was still competing in pro MMA, was on 6 fight win streak, and was continuing to improve.

I can't forgive myself from coming home after one year of college wrestling way back when. The neck issue was a big reason for that but not the only one. Started MMA in 30s b/c I enjoyed the competition, the constant learning,and I love the feeling after training. I'm sure my guilt and regret of walking away from college wrestling before getting my fill had a considerable effect on getting into MMA.

I just switched my focus from "training for fights" to the life long journey of being a martial artist. I was always a martial artist even before i started fighting.

I still spar but under control with experienced guys. I work on being as clean as possible with my techniques. Training in other areas helps to break up the week. I go mountain biking often too.

If i needed a strong competition buzz i would just train for a bjj tourney or something but im not huge in to comps any more. I have a demanding job so that pretty much rules all. Phone Post 3.0

preciate it fellas. always loved the martial arts part of MMA. definitely gonna try to get back to that a little bit too.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Paul Spadafora has a game called, "Go drink that beer".

You go drink a random persons beer and then it's ON if they have a problem with it.

That's how he still gets that itch scratched. Phone Post 3.0
This paints such a vivid picture. Phone Post 3.0

Coaching - passing the knowledge on to the younger generation Phone Post 3.0