Exclusive Ralek Gracie

Just wrapped up an exclusive conversation with Ralek Gracie for the Inside BJJ Podcast.

EDIT: Here is the Audio link. I apologize for the heavy wind after the 1 hour mark. Tried to clean the audio as best as possbile.

http://insidebjj.libsyn.com/221-ralek-gracie

Topics covered.

-- Metamoris finances
-- exclusive contracts
-- EBI, Eddie Bravo, and Joe Rogan
-- perception of Ralek being aloof/douches
-- Fighting Tim Spriggs
-- M7
-- more .... Phone Post 3.0

In for when I can listen Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0

TTT audio link posted in op Phone Post 3.0

Ltr Phone Post 3.0

Ralek is the James Joyce of his generation.

Rhymenoceros - He says that it's not boring if you're there live, encourages everyone to come to a live event, then talks about reducing the number of tickets and charging more.

Says he spent $1M on Metamoris 2.
Wow.... Phone Post 3.0

He also said the reason Garry Tonon is so popular is because of Metamoris. I guess it had nothing to do with Garry and Kron having arguably the greatest BJJ match of all time at ADCC 2013 or winning multiple EBI tournaments, tapping Dillon Danis at ADCC 2015 and all the other competitions he has competed at around the world. I'm sure it was his 2 non-main even Metamoris matches...right.

Rhymenoceros - He quoted Joe Rogan as saying, "I don't support Metamoris." I don't think Joe ever said that.

He also said Joe didn't want Ralek on the podcast. Says Rogan's podcast is just to promote 10th Planet.

Joe actually did say he will no longer supprot their events but that was after they disrespected Eddie after his match with Royler and after they tried to poach Garry and Dillon Danis in order to sabotage the EBI event (I think it was EBI 3).

Rhymenoceros - 
Shy Guy - 
Rhymenoceros - He quoted Joe Rogan as saying, "I don't support Metamoris." I don't think Joe ever said that.

He also said Joe didn't want Ralek on the podcast. Says Rogan's podcast is just to promote 10th Planet.

Joe actually did say he will no longer supprot their events but that was after they disrespected Eddie after his match with Royler and after they tried to poach Garry and Dillon Danis in order to sabotage the EBI event (I think it was EBI 3).

Ok, gotcha. I guess I didn't hear that.

Here is an article about it.

http://wbbjj.com/joe-rogan-not-going-to-support-metamoris-any-longer/

VU for the cliffs Rhy, not sure I'd be able to actually listen to all that BS but glad someone did!

Rhymenoceros - He keeps talking about his strength as a leader. How he was helping paint walls 2:00am before Metamoris 3, how it was this great example of leadership.

Now there is a ton of wind and it's hard to hear anything.
Really sorry about the wind. Didn't realize it was being picked up so heavily. Phone Post 3.0

Appreciate the play by play Rhys Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - He says there is nothing wrong with his format in terms of making boring matches. He says EBI matches will be boring very soon, as soon as guys start strategizing within the rule set.

How different are EBI's rules??

In Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenocerous thank you for the detailed cliffs. You get my VU in 24 hours. Phone Post 3.0

You the man, Rhymenoceros.

In Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 
Rhymenoceros - He says there is nothing wrong with his format in terms of making boring matches. He says EBI matches will be boring very soon, as soon as guys start strategizing within the rule set.

How different are EBI's rules??

EBI has the overtime round, where you start on the back or in spider, and try to submit from there. It's a little clunky, but way better than Draw City.