Exclusive Ralek Gracie

Rhymenoceros - Says he and AJ were cool, that AJ didn't care about the money, and that AJ was upset that Ralek didn't want to bring him back because AJ "isn't on the level" and didn't do his best against Karo.

Says anyone who saw the AJ takeover of the Instagram thinks AJ is shady and trying to promote Polaris.

He won't say how much he owes athletes.
Vu rhy. Phone Post 3.0

Did he say when his new album was coming out? I'm ready for the instant classic.

hizzo -
12SixElbow - 
Rhymenoceros - He says there is nothing wrong with his format in terms of making boring matches. He says EBI matches will be boring very soon, as soon as guys start strategizing within the rule set.

How different are EBI's rules??

EBI has the overtime round, where you start on the back or in spider, and try to submit from there. It's a little clunky, but way better than Draw City.
Who decides if you start on your opponent's back or if they start on yours? Phone Post 3.0

When I first heard "G in a Gi" I thought it was spoof on BJJ. Then I realized that it was a real song/video and I couldn't for the life of me understand why, or even how that came to be. Now, the picture is a lot clearer...

12SixElbow -
hizzo -
12SixElbow - 
Rhymenoceros - He says there is nothing wrong with his format in terms of making boring matches. He says EBI matches will be boring very soon, as soon as guys start strategizing within the rule set.

EBI has the overtime round, where you start on the back or in spider, and try to submit from there. It's a little clunky, but way better than Draw City.
Who decides if you start on your opponent's back or if they start on yours? Phone Post 3.0
You do both. If he starts on your back you get 3 min to see if he can submit you. Then you get three minutes starting on his back. Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - The main thing I got from this interview is that Ralek seems like a total narcissist. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that's ever been in doubt since the whole g in a gi embarrassment. Phone Post 3.0

Rhymenoceros - Ok, have to tap out at about the 120 minute mark. There is just too much wind and I can't hear anything.
Ralek Gracie??? Who is he??

Simple....a G in a Gi Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Dude is a fucking moron. Phone Post 3.0

Devil_ -
12SixElbow -
hizzo -
12SixElbow - 

You do both. If he starts on your back you get 3 min to see if he can submit you. Then you get three minutes starting on his back. Phone Post 3.0
Sure, but who gets who's back first?

That's a major advantage no? Phone Post 3.0

tell em to get royce vs bravo

12SixElbow -
Devil_ -
12SixElbow -
hizzo -
12SixElbow - 

You flip a nug Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 
Devil_ -
12SixElbow -
hizzo -
12SixElbow - 

Just comes down to a coin flip. If the guy who is attacking first submits his opponent, then his opponent still gets a chance to attack and submit as well. If the second guy fails to submit and his opponent escapes, then the first guy wins. 

If they both fail to submit each other, then they continue for three rounds total. And if at the end of those three rounds there are no submissions, the winner is decided based on the total time of their escapes.

The only way I can see someone taking advantage of this ruleset is if they stall the entire 10 minute match, and just hold on in every OT round hoping you can escape faster than your opponent. But you only get paid for winning your match if you submit, so if you did this you would end up with no money.

The entire EBI 3 event is still on youtube, you should check it out and see how the ruleset plays out. Even the matches that go to OT are usually very exciting, and there are usually only 2-3 out of 18 matches that come down to escape times. The event is 3 hours but the pacing of the shows is excellent as well.

Shy Guy -
Rhymenoceros - 
Shy Guy - 
Rhymenoceros - He quoted Joe Rogan as saying, "I don't support Metamoris." I don't think Joe ever said that.

He also said Joe didn't want Ralek on the podcast. Says Rogan's podcast is just to promote 10th Planet.

Joe actually did say he will no longer supprot their events but that was after they disrespected Eddie after his match with Royler and after they tried to poach Garry and Dillon Danis in order to sabotage the EBI event (I think it was EBI 3).

Ok, gotcha. I guess I didn't hear that.

Here is an article about it.

http://wbbjj.com/joe-rogan-not-going-to-support-metamoris-any-longer/

Joe always sides with his friends, and in this case his friend was mistreated and has the better show. Phone Post 3.0

I don't like ralek Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy -

Ralek is the James Joyce of his generation.

Ralek threads never disappoint Phone Post 3.0

PTM2020 -

Hahahahahaha wtf Phone Post 3.0

zebers3 -
12SixElbow - 
Devil_ -
12SixElbow -
hizzo -
12SixElbow - 

Just comes down to a coin flip. If the guy who is attacking first submits his opponent, then his opponent still gets a chance to attack and submit as well. If the second guy fails to submit and his opponent escapes, then the first guy wins. 

If they both fail to submit each other, then they continue for three rounds total. And if at the end of those three rounds there are no submissions, the winner is decided based on the total time of their escapes.

The only way I can see someone taking advantage of this ruleset is if they stall the entire 10 minute match, and just hold on in every OT round hoping you can escape faster than your opponent. But you only get paid for winning your match if you submit, so if you did this you would end up with no money.

The entire EBI 3 event is still on youtube, you should check it out and see how the ruleset plays out. Even the matches that go to OT are usually very exciting, and there are usually only 2-3 out of 18 matches that come down to escape times. The event is 3 hours but the pacing of the shows is excellent as well.

Awesome thank you for explaining it to me. Phone Post 3.0

in 4 later