Excuses Excuses Excuses

It is a fight. Most often, at the end of the night, one fighter wins, one fighter does not. Kudos to a fighter who did well within the fight, but higher praise to the one who overcomes and wins the fight, not just rounds within the fight.

Not always, but most often, the victory goes to the one who was best prepared, sacrificed more in training, and had the most will to win. I believe this is the case, here. A lot of you don't like Matt, you have your own reasons, and that is your perogative. A lot of you really like and respect BJ. He is worthy of your respect and admiration, and that, too, is your perogative. The cold, hard, truth, though, is that Matt won the fight, BJ did not. Everyone has to deal with that in his/her own way, same as when those of us who do respect and admire Matt had to deal with his loss to BJ in their first encounter. What escapes me, though, is how people refuse to give respect to a fighter/athlete purely because they don't like him/her. This goes for people on both sides of Matt/BJ arguments. Personally, I gave (and still give) huge respect to BJ for his victory over Matt the first time, as well as his many other noteworthy accomplishments in this sport. It is possible to give respect to someone due to their accomplishments even if you don't like them (not saying I don't like BJ. Never met him).

Respectfully:

Fred

Fred and the Mouth have nailed the correct in their own respective ways.

It is what it is and people just need to deal with it.

ttt for Hughes