Exercise before work or after?

I'm switching things up and trying to get going at 3:30 to get it done before cleaning up and getting to work by 6AM. What's your routine? 

After. Otherwise the days is long.

also, better work stress reliever AFTER work 

2 Likes

If you do it too late in the evening it spikes cortisol which isn’t great.

I do it before work because if I do it after I'm too energized and can't sleep.

1 Like

Both. On day shift, I lift before work and do cardio or TRANE after work.

On night shift, I run when I wake up in the afternoon and lift in the morning when I get off…

5 Likes

Whatever fits your schedule best. I'm currently doing both - MWF I run in the morning and do a strength workout in the evening. Other days are rest or active recovery.

DAVID H - Both. On day shift, I lift before work and do cardio or TRANE after work.

On night shift, I run when I wake up in the afternoon and lift in the morning when I get off…

I used to switch it up like that as well depending on my shifts. God damn I don’t miss having a flip flopping work schedule. Good on you man. 

Get an exercise bike, morning and afternoon

"Whenever kids aren't allowed in the gym"

-Your Gym's Staff

For me, before. It gets me awake and ready to make the work day my BITCH

Also the gym is empty at 6am

2 Likes

I am dead tired in the evenings.  If I've eaten dinner, forget it.  I'm not accomplishing anything.  Morning exercise for me.  I will do cardio right after work.

1 Like

Biggest drawback I saw to before work was taking all my shit every morning to be shit/showered/shaved/shine at the gym. Logistically, quite a pain the ass to transport pressed clothing and other things every single goddamned day. Jesus christ almighty. I mean seriously. What the hell. Damn.

before work, always. but then again, i'm a morning person.

I work from home, so I go to the gym at lunch time.

is that 3:30 AM ? 

You get up at 3:30 am?

Jesus, thats like 2 hours after i go to bed

Is your bed time like a 6 year olds?

1 Like

30 minutes Monday through Friday before work at 6:00am

45 minutes M,W,F after work at 6:00pm

Weekends I chill the hell out and drink a lot of beer.

Always hated getting up in what I consider to be the middle of the night to work out.

Always felt fucking great all day though.

Energized, metabolism boiling. 

Definitely ate more during that phase and slept better. Just absolutely HATE waking up so damn early.

Lift in the am and spar at night. They both keep me sane.

![](upload://hO1mNXkaimmb0ZgkVzQY1UrZwuY.jpeg)

And since I wake up so early to workout this is what gets me through the second half of my shift at about 4pm