Exit Interview Today - Advice Needed

I'm scheduled for my exit interview today and I've never been asked to do one before. I am just wondering how I should approach it -

FRAT version is earlier this year I had been selected to work on a project with along with a solid team. This project was always going to be a temporary thing, but it was a band higher promotion and through the selection/interview process it was said that after the role the team would retain the normal day-to-day responsibilities of the standard job that role normally does. They did not follow through with the agreement and sent everyone back to the previous role along with the drop in pay. The insult to injury is there was changes to that role while I was out of it to make it about twice as shitty.

The flip side is that because I'm relocated to Colorado I was only able to give the company short notice of my departure.

Any advice how to approach this without burning bridges. I'm still pretty pissed at the whole situation tbh

I didn't read any of this but I suggest shitting yourself as soon as you sit down and then deny it even get hostile if they bring it up. Phone Post 3.0

Question: what if it's someone else's shit in my pants? How does that change the dynamic?

Just say some positive things about the company and how you're going to expand your experiences or some shit.
Idk dude, just answer the questions lol Phone Post 3.0

Did you find a new job and left on your own accord?

If so, you give them politically correct, non-confrontational answers. Tell them you left for a better opportunity for you and your family. You enjoyed your work at Abc and but left for a better opportunity at this point in your career. You worked with great people. Blah blah. Don't burn bridges or come off as bitter. You also don't need to give them feedback on their company. Do you think they'll really make some changes based on a snarky exit interview? No likely.

Take the high road, stick to it and get it over with.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Yeah new job. And while I don't expect any real changes, I honestly am not sure if they are even aware as to why people from this project are jumping ship so fast.

Do you think it's even worth bringing up anyway?

invalid - Yeah new job. And while I don't expect any real changes, I honestly am not sure if they are even aware as to why people from this project are jumping ship so fast.

Do you think it's even worth bringing up anyway?
It's probably best to just worry about yourself and get out of there. If they can't figure it out that's on them. Phone Post 3.0

Cool - thanks guys

Mark1 - Did you find a new job and left on your own accord?

If so, you give them politically correct, non-confrontational answers. Tell them you left for a better opportunity for you and your family. You enjoyed your work at Abc and but left for a better opportunity at this point in your career. You worked with great people. Blah blah. Don't burn bridges or come off as bitter. You also don't need to give them feedback on their company. Do you think they'll really make some changes based on a snarky exit interview? No likely.

Take the high road, stick to it and get it over with.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Depends on the company. My employer takes that shit seriously and wants to find out in exit interviews why that employee is leaving. We have considerable time and resources invested in each worker so it's a pain in the ass to replace anyone. My checklist of exit interview questions includes "what made you consider other employment options?" and, "would you consider employment with our company in the future?"

They really want to know what made you leave. We even have to attempt exit interviews when employment has been terminated.

Your pissed about your job and decided to find something else at another company. Why even bother with an exit interview? You've already said your pissed off and that's the reason your leaving in the first place. Why bother giving them the time of day besides clocking in and clocking out. Unless you have funds tied up that they can with hold from you just tell them to go kick rocks. Go back to your desk, kick your legs up on the desk and jam out with cock out. No need to fret over an exit interview with a company you don't want to work for anymore. Phone Post 3.0

If you're leaving because of the way that shit went down then there is no harm in telling them that. As long as you're respectful and logical and you don't think it will bite you in the ass in the long run, tell the truth. Phone Post 3.0

Give them the truth but be respectful. Most times if they are doing an exit interview it's because they want to know what went wrong. The business will spend money to replace you so it's a cost savings measure. Never burn a bridge but be honest with them. Phone Post 3.0

tell them the truth. I left a fortune 10 company and people that are still there in my old department tell me it's 100x better since my exit interview. A dozen people left before I did and all gave the BS better opportunity shit. Nobody told them what was wrong. The VP of our division was replaced 2 months after I left because of what I said in the exit interview.