Expendables 3

Is pg-13..

Weren't the first two rated R?

If true that's wack. I liked the countless killing and awesome deaths from the first 2. Lame. Phone Post 3.0

Huge blunder. Like 13-year-old kids are lining up to watch Stallone and Antonio Banderas.

Jack Carter -

Huge blunder. Like 13-year-old kids are lining up to watch Stallone and Antonio Banderas.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

This movie is pretty much useless without an R rating. Phone Post 3.0

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS, BRAH.  SPOILERS

It's terrible.  I mean, those of us that are dirty bastids and aquired the movie two weeks ago have been harping on this, but it's REALLY a bad movie.  And I liked the first two.  There was a bit of a drop-off between the first and the sequel, but this one is just a GIGANTIC fucking cast mailing it in for a paycheck, and it's direct-to-dvd quality. 

The amount of people that get shot without a single drop of blood is fucking laughable.  You've got Jet Li and Randy Couture as part of the cast, and somehow neither of them ever throws a single punch.  They are just goons with guns in this movie.  I can't actually remember if Couture had any lines?  The "new generation" is terrible, except Victor Ortiz, who at least projects the right image on screen.  They have a corny "Hot Girl" scene where Ronda beats guys up in a nightclub, and that would have happened no matter what female was cast in the role.  Her lines, the two minutes of actual acting in the movie, are HORRIBLE.  Like fucking cringing watching them.  Antonio Banderas gets used as the fucking comic relief!  Arnold still hasn't gotten back into shape, and Harrison Ford is playing Harrison Ford. 

Literally the only people who spend their 3-5 days on set who actually tried were Kelsey Grammar and Mel Gibson.  Stallone actually did a cool thing, where he tried to let all the other actors get over in their scenes together.  The rest is fucking horrible. 

I mean... DAMN.

Wait til this opens wide and watch the OG shit all over it.  It's a shit fucking movie.

Jack Carter -

Damn this world we live in... Phone Post 3.0

Cross Fire - This movie is pretty much useless without an R rating. Phone Post 3.0
Yup.

Imagine Rambo rated pg-13. GTFO. Phone Post 3.0

I've never seen the first two. I've meant to get around to it, but are they good?

Mel Gibson was great and come on Know jet li fight scene !!!!!! Fackkk
He snapped a guys beck and pretty much decapitated him in the first one with a kick. They didn't use this cast well and it should have been hard R. Kids aren't going to care Phone Post 3.0

invalid - I've never seen the first two. I've meant to get around to it, but are they good?

Yes.  They aren't plot-driven, obviously.  But instead of a Michael Bay movie where you spend two hours saying "What the fuck am I watching?", both movies present a plot, direction, and then go there with everything fucking exploding and blood all over the place.  Epic fight between Randy Couture and Stone Cold in the first, and Stallone and JCVD make it good in the second. 

BackOffWarchild - 
invalid - I've never seen the first two. I've meant to get around to it, but are they good?

Yes.  They aren't plot-driven, obviously.  But instead of a Michael Bay movie where you spend two hours saying "What the fuck am I watching?", both movies present a plot, direction, and then go there with everything fucking exploding and blood all over the place.  Epic fight between Randy Couture and Stone Cold in the first, and Stallone and JCVD make it good in the second. 

Right on. I definitely like a good action flick but don't get around to watching too many movies lately. I really liked Red, for instance.

But after seeing that movie where Stallone and Arnold get locked up kind of put any plans of checking this out on the back burner because I hated that movie lol

The second movie was shot in PG-13...but at the last minute it was given a green light for the R rating.... And they went in and CGI'd all the blood, and heads coming off. That's why the second movie had no cursing... Pretty much gay considering who these guys are supposed to be in the movie.

This 3rd movie... pretty much going to suck balls for sure with all this silly ass "stunt casting." Even the Fast and Furious franchise is going to copy this bullshit for the next movie. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed it. I thought Banderas was funny and Ronda wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. I agree that they were misused but I didn't go into it thinking I was going to see a masterpiece. I had some time to kill and didn't want to spend it wandering inside of my head. It was a welcomed distraction and it was amusing enough. Phone Post 3.0

Imbd reported that Ronda was to film a nude scene but due to being pg 13 was not filmed. They removed that story days later . I don't if it was bullshit or not I don't know who has access to write on there trivia section . Phone Post 3.0

I got a kick out of how they spent the first quarter of the movie rescuing a character that had 3 lines of dialogue for the remainder of it.

It's good to see the great man, Mel Gibson, on the big screen again,

Saw this last night, apart from mel gibson who was a great villain, but its been such a drop off in quality, shite cgi for alot of the explosions. None of the new cast where likeable, jet li was underused. To have a film like this rated a 12 (im in uk) is ridiculous, it should be an 18 rated gore fest!!!

I loved the first 2 but this isnt even in my top 15 films this year.

Wait till its on netflix, which wont be long. Phone Post 3.0

I remember reading something about Bruce Willis wanting millions of dollars for like 2 days work on this movie. At first I thought he was being an asshole, now I realize he just read the script..

Just saw it tonight......  Few thoughts (SPOILERS AHEAD)

The Good

-Just as good as the first two.  They all are kinda the same film, one giant action explosion film with tons of A-Listers or former A-Listers...  All three are mindless, I dont get how people are putting each of the film under a microscope to examine how they compare.  Its not like these films are oscar drama pictures that need to be compared to anything else.  Its a mindless fun popcorn film filled with your favorite 90s action stars in one movie.

-"Get to the Chopper" - line by Arnold was fun.

-Harrison Ford got to do action but from the pilot seat, so that solved THAT old man problem he has.

-The plot was good.  Barney didnt want to put his crew's life in danger, so he recruits new blood to take out Mel Gibson, but they arent as good and get captured, so Barney re-unites with the old team to save the new team. 

-Antonio Banderas and Wesley Snipes were fucking classic in this.  Probably the best part of the movie were these two.  Sly appeared with Snipes in 1996 Demolition Man (where he called him a maniac and he did the same thing in Expendables) & Sly and Banderas were both in Assassins.  Banderas was ironically the comic relief of the whole movie. 

-Snipes being broken out of jail was a nice homage to real life where he went to jail - and to take it a step further , the comment about why he was in jail 'tax envasion' - movie is SELF AWARE.

-Smart ass comment about Bruce Willis "Forget him, he's out of the picture" - Ford.

The Bad

-PG-13 kinda sucked.

-Jet Li was the top three in the first film.  It was Sly, Stratham, and Jet Li that headlined the film - with cameos by Bruce, Arnold (for nostalgia).  Needed more Jet Li.  He was only in the film for 5 minutes.

-Ronda sucked.  Victor Ortiz did ok, but Ronda was not a good in the movie.  Her intro was funny in the club, but the rest of her, not so much...

-The ultra mega perfect happy ending is a little bit too much for my taste.  I mean, you could end it with just a convo with Sly & Stratham and cut to credits.   But you have to show the super happy crew drinking together and loving each other for wayyy too long.  Just wrap the fucking movie up - good guys won, we get it.  Too much non-sexual bonding at the end there.  Everyone lived, no one died...  Just ultra mega happy ending. 

Hoping for Expendables 4 with Steven Seagal as the villain (for once!) , John Legizamo, Jackie Chan, cameo by Clint Eastwood (maybe as the President , which would be nice), and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - GET NICE CAGE INVOLVED !!!