Explain Florida gif to foreigner (gif)

I have never heard of Florida getting a bad rap outside of the OG. New Jersey yes. Some rural states for being backward, and Alabama et al.. well you know.

But Florida (which I have visited a couple of times over the years) is known internationally for beaches, Seinfeld's parents and other seniors, hot women with bolt ons, Miami Vice (yes, I'm old) and to some some Scarface type Cuban stuff I guess.

What's with the FLorida hate? Does it really suck?

It attracts a lot of strange people. People running from a bad marriage, bad check, bad job, whatever. It's like they want to start life over again and do it somewhere warm.

The best part is Bugs on the edge of Georgia, throwing his hands up when Florida floats away. LOL

Thanks. But wouldn't about the same ratio of weird people go to California?

And another thing that I never understodd whenever I visit the US. Why are there bums in the north. I was on Manhattan during hurricane Sandy, and it struck me that I would never have stayed up north if I was homeless. 

Why not just slowly stroll south in the summer and end up in Florida by fall? In Europe you have to cross borders and switch languages as you go from Finland to southern Italy. But in the US...

I don't get it.

Check out the Terrible Florida news thread by Best Chris Ever.

go to this thread

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2183380&page=1&pc=129

or just look for the "terrible florida news" thread by BestChrisEver

CDarwin - 

Thanks. But wouldn't about the same ratio of weird people go to California?

And another thing that I never understodd whenever I visit the US. Why are there bums in the north. I was on Manhattan during hurricane Sandy, and it struck me that I would never have stayed up north if I was homeless. 

Why not just slowly stroll south in the summer and end up in Florida by fall? In Europe you have to cross borders and switch languages as you go from Finland to southern Italy. But in the US...

I don't get it.

California gets a lot of them, too.

Florida is easier for east coast people.

A question about the gif.  In the actual cartoon what is the reasoning for Bugs cutting off Florida?

The only place I've ever heard it is on the OG.

scab1 - Check out the Terrible Florida news thread by Best Chris Ever.

Actually, that's the thread that had me thinking of this.

You couldn't make a "Terrible Texas/New York/Ohio news thread"?

fryabusa - 

A question about the gif.  In the actual cartoon what is the reasoning for Bugs cutting off Florida?

Rebel Rabbit is a 1949 animated short starring Bugs Bunny. It is an anomaly in the Bugs Bunny cartoons — in this one, Bugs is the aggressor, and he ends up losing the fight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Rabbit

Edited because Napkin beat me to it.

Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla used to do a bit on Love Line called Germany or Florida. They would take calls from listeners who had crazy stories and they would guess where it happened. Often, it was Florida and usually the stories were awful.

http://youtu.be/NWojvo6RKoQ

The joke comes from love line and Adam corolla.

He used to do a bit called Florida or Germany and then share a story. You had to guess where the story originated. Phone Post 3.0

It's because of an unusual amount of fucked up news stories that come out of Florida as opposed to other states.

http://www.thegloss.com/2013/06/11/odds-and-ends/taylor-chapman-racist-woman-films-herself-yelling-at-dunkin-donuts-employee-over-receipt/

Lots of drugs over there. Also there is a documentary on Netflix about Miamis drug problem(cocain) in the 70's and 80's that really shows what crazy things people would do. In the early 80's it was the most dangerous places for drug violence and hits against people(even taking out 4 innocent people to get there target).

Also what others said its where you go to start over. Phone Post

It is a well-known phenomenon that scummers traditionally migrate either west (california) or south (florida) until they hit water. Phone Post

As someone who has lived in FL and who goes there a couple times a year...

That .gif is correct. Phone Post 3.0