Explain JDS Title Shot

Ranked 4th and hasn't strung two wins in a row for 7 fights.

Im out of touch with all the upcoming matches, is everybody else tied up with fights or injured? 

Did somebody else pull out?

In a division as week as heavyweight who else gets the shot right now.

Miguel cro cop - In a division as week as heavyweight who else gets the shot right now.

Why does someone have to fight for it then? I wish the UFC would build some contenders . It seems like it wasn't long ago JDS was being finished by Overeem.

WhereIsGoranReljic -
Miguel cro cop - In a division as week as heavyweight who else gets the shot right now.

Why does someone have to fight for it then? I wish the UFC would build some contenders . It seems like it wasn't long ago JDS was being finished by Overeem.

Shot in the dark but maybe Miocic wants to earn money and defend his belt.

WhereIsGoranReljic -

It was his second last fight 2 months ago.

But considering no HW champ has defended their title (IIRC), it's the nature of the divvy

He's a big name and He has a win over the champion, it's an easily marketed fight

Miguel cro cop -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Shot in the dark but maybe Miocic wants to earn money and defend his belt.

And likely get his most recent loss back. Struve wouldn't make sense at this stage, but may with a couple more wins. 

Its crazy that in arguably the shallowest devision no one has made more than two title defenses 

Beaten the champ
Finished Werdum the no1 contender
Also former champ

Curloftheburl -

Its crazy that in arguably the shallowest devision no one has made more than two title defenses 

Big guys punch hard...

Werdum should have got the fight

The divisions a mess, but still a good fight

Stipe was almost finished too but Reem went for choke not follor up shots

kungfufedor - Beaten the champ
Finished Werdum the no1 contender
Also former champ

this

If Stipe revenges this loss, it would be huge for him...

not sure how this fight goes... I'm guessing Stipe by Decision...

I dunno about deserving, but Stipe being champ is good for the division imo.

JDS has decisive losses to Cain and Reem, if he wins the top 5 are basically all a toss up. 1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, 3 beats 1 etc.

Big fan of both Stipe and JDS but Junior is 3-3 since 2012. Then again, who else is there... Stipe needs to stay active and it'll be a good fight. I think Stipe takes it though. He kinda won last time out as well.

Because Conor is on leave.

I Blow Semen Bubbles - Werdum should have got the fight

Junior has a win over Stipe. Werdum got KTFO in like 2 minutes by Stipe. They are both on a 1 fight win streak

Werdum also pissed off the UFC after first saying he would fight anyone after Cain dropped out, then demanding a shit ton of money to fight JDS pricing himself out of the fight

Werdum should of fought when asked..

I like this rematch. The first fight really showed that Stipe was a stud and he's only gotten better since then. I think he has surpassed JDS in most areas of the game now.