Explain Silver Surfer to me please

He can travel at the speed of light. Is indestructible. Has his energy beam. Can rearrange molecules. This guy is Omega class. How could he not just pimp F4? How could the Hulk bite his head off.

Also, regarding that with the Hulk, can someone tell me exactly what happened, and in what storyline (i.e. was it a "what if" story or something else)

Marvel Zombies.

I didn't get it either.

marvel zombies isnt in continuity. worse than a what-if, its like an elseworlds tale and it sucked so just ignore it

Marvel Zombies...

Silver Surfer rarely goes all out.....I'm the biggest Hulk fan here, but Hulk would get smoked and he knows it. He and the Surfer respect each other. Again Surfer RARELY gets very angry and goes all out. I refer you to SS Annual #7, when he tracks down Morg, who is insanely powerful after having absorbed some incredible powers through the "Waters of Life" or some sh!t like that, in addition to his existing powers. This version of Morg could go toe-to-toe with anybody, Thor, Superman, Shazam.....you name it. Remember, this is the dude that has recently killed Nova, so Surfer is extra pissed. Anyway, Surfer unleashes on him pretty good and beats that a$$...one of the few instances I can ever recall him fighting mad.

did you see the latest ff where panther got him in an unbreakable choke
?

did you see the latest ff where panther got him in an unbreakable choke ?

Are you serious?

Surfer could literally crumple up BP into the size of a marble. That's just bloody silly.

serious he gets surfers back grabs one arm behind his back with the other arm around the neck and then says that he will rip off surfers arm if he tries to get out

Marvel can't seem to decide on Surfer's powers. It sucks, he COULD be a decent character, but instead just falls short.

serious he gets surfers back grabs one arm behind his back with the other arm around the neck and then says that he will rip off surfers arm if he tries to get out

That's utter crap.....the writer should be beaten and the editor flogged and then beaten.

damn, marvel is goin' down the tubes if there's ridiculous writing like that goin' on.......

I could see that happening is Black Panter's shitty ass book, but I've actually enjoyed McDuffy's (two issues I've read of FF) if he's got BP beating SS he's got to be fired.

Has the surfer always been this powerful?  If so then why doesn't Galactus make an army of these guys and take any planet, Earth included, he wants.

Has the surfer always been this powerful?

Yes.

If so then why doesn't Galactus make an army of these guys and take any planet, Earth included, he wants.

His heralds have a history of rebelling. That and Galactus doesn't need an army, he uses his heralds to scout out good planets for eating --- in the same way a big game hunter would hire a guide.

yes, the bp armlock thing was unbelievably stupid. just as stupid as bp armlocking thor or hulk. then again, the reason that bp is able to do this without getting fried or turned into dust or why storm is able to talk a bunch of smack and hit surfer with a lightning bolt and not get the righteous beatdown she deserves is that for the most part these are the surfers friends. if he retaliated they would probably die, and thats not what he wants. so even tho ororo deserves a cosmic bolt to the face after her smug and
ridiculous 'overmatched' comment, she doesnt get one, because she would die.

of course, that is totally ignoring the fact that someone with a humans agility and reflexes managed to put a lock in the first place on a class 100+ character that can manuever in an asteroid field while travelling at light speed. or that he didnt disperse ororo's atmosphere or even felt a bolt of lightning :P

leigh, re: surfer vs hulk on planet hulk - weve been over this before, but the surfer was mind controlled AND cut off from the power cosmic. he still managed to throw hulk and his whole team for a loop. hulk gets lucky when surfers mind-control disk breaks and while the surfer is recovering his senses hulk (who is surfers friend, remember surfer's been under mind control, has no reason to expect attack) attacks him while hes still groggy.

i strongly suspect that the whole shady deal might have been done in part to get hulk a victory over one person hes NEVER beaten before. you know, to look good for when wwhulk hits

why storm is able to talk a bunch of smack and hit surfer with a lightning bolt and not get the righteous beatdown she deserves is that for the most part these are the surfers friends. if he retaliated they would probably die, and thats not what he wants. so even tho ororo deserves a cosmic bolt to the face after her smug and ridiculous 'overmatched' comment, she doesnt get one, because she would die.

When Storm left the x-books, I told a buddy of mine that it might be the best thing for the character. She really hasn't been used that much in the x-books, and I honestly can't think of anything interesting w/ Storm in a really, really, really long time.

But if she's turning into a trash-talking, holier-than-thou, prima dona...then by all means, smack her upside her royal head with a cosmic bolt.

"Silver Surfer rarely goes all out....."

So he would rather get his ass kicked? WHy doesn't he just do enough to beat opponents if he is so worry about going all out?

Galactus's need for planets has been alternatively explained as a need to maintain balance between Eternity and Death (616), or as a way of killing Celestial emybros to keep them from terrorizing the galaxy (Earth-X reality)

Who writes the Black Panther?
That title has become so retarded. Iron man, Doom, now the Silver Surfer!!! For craps sake you dirty hack a regular human can't beat those guy through normal means!

Iron Man is calm, and doesn't pick fights with heads of state.
Doom is not a racist.
And the Freakin Silver Surfer can rip a punky humans arm off! (or just become intangible)

Sigh

most of the black panther idiocy was written by reggie hudlin. dwayne mcduffie wrote the issue of fantastic four in question.