ExWife Drama... was I wrong?

My son got in trouble last year for being a pita as school and has to go to a school for kids that are pita's this year until he can prove he's learned his lesson. Yesterday he got beat up on the bus. He called me and told me about it. Says kids were saying racist stuff to him and he moved seats and when he did another kid started punchng him saying he gt in his space. My sons story is that it lasted ten minutes, the staff didn't stop it, he was slammed and punhced and jumped on. Eventually a high school aged kid pulled the other kid off and it was over.

I called the school, made alternative arrangements for my son to get to and from school, talked to the principle about it and am awaiting the review of the video today. When I got home my son looked completely fine and had one little bump on the back of his head. Obviously not the recipient of a 10 minute beating IMO.

I reassured him I would get to the bottom of it and we talked about what happened. I then sent an email to his mom.

Later we go to the gym and work out and he talks to his mom @ 9pm on the phone. He tells her whats up and she loses her shit.

Screams at me and says I should of called her and that I have no right to handle it with out her input. I tld her he was obviously fine and he was at my house so there was nothing to call her about. Then I hung up since she was just cursing.

I don't think I did anything wrong the kid was fine. We don't need an FBI investigation and I already handled the situation at the school.

It depends, did he get pita from her side of the family or yours? She's Greek?

ehhh, if she's a part of your kid's life then yeah, she deserves to know.

Certainly there are situations that some parents are shitty and as a single parent, you're handeling the situation, but if the other parent isn't a POS, then, yeah--that's her baby too.

Hard to say.. .she definitely is responsible for modeling entitled behaviour to him. That said he's always been a pain in the butt at school and as his parent its equally my fault. It escalated as a result of the divorce in the second year of our separation though leading to him going to this school. He's gotten his shit together lately though so I think he'll be alright.

KidPittsburgh - ehhh, if she's a part of your kid's life then yeah, she deserves to know.

Certainly there are situations that some parents are shitty and as a single parent, you're handeling the situation, but if the other parent isn't a POS, then, yeah--that's her baby too.

I agree and I sent her an email telling her everything. I didn't think I needed to have a phone conference about it though. She's pretty crazy she gets all these weird scenarios in her head and yacks about what ifs. IE. on his first day of the new school she started talking about "what if the staff are pedo's" and "what if the staff beat him and abuse him" I was like wtf I got to go ttyl.

What the fuck is a pita besides a delicious wrap.

pita = pain in the ass?

pain in the aeronautics space museum.

ahh thanks for clearing that up, no longer interested, I would be more concerned about my son than the little situation with the ex wife though.

of course I got that under control.. met with the principle and his teacher this morning and waiting on a phone call with some follow up information

Dr Schopenhauer - 
shaqitup - 

What the fuck is a pita besides a delicious wrap.

chicksalad with some pesto and a few veggies really jazzes up a pita. As a kid we thought pitas were for fags. Now I fag out to pitas whenever i get the chance.

Pitas has always been cool.  I'm more weary about hummus.

You can't have pita without hummus somewhere on there

I like making pita pizzas Phone Post 3.0

Why don't you teach your son judo ? Phone Post 3.0

He's in our classes but 75 pounds will only get you so far in middle school

I assume it was Halloween if your son dressed up as a pita. Or maybe it wasn't and he just showed up on a regular school day dressed as a pita? If that's the case, then he should have gotten in trouble. Imagine the students sitting in class, trying to concentrate and do their work when there's some kid dressed like a pita.

If, on the other hand, it was Halloween and kids were allowed to dress up, and your son chose to come as a pita, I have no problem with that and think the school was out of line in punishing him. And I think it's totally ridiculous they would create another school specifically for kids who dress like pitas.

Hope that helps, good luck and keep up updated.

I think thats Naan buddy... even more delicious IMO

I definitely would not let my son act like a pita