Eye X Kaufman:More proof 10-9 is better than 20-18

this crop of judges will find a way fuck up any type of scoring system

i had it 2 rounds to 1

great fight Eye!

I'd be happy if they just announced the actual scores at the end of every round.

strongstyle_chick - I am a fair person and under stand judging very well . I won the first two round . Look at the stats punched, kick and oct control . The three round she won the first three mins with over hand right I walked into . That yes wobbled shit out of me . But that last two minutes I took it to here with my double jab . Sarah did a great job on waiting til I came in to hit me . Kudo to her . But I won and no can take that away . Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have . I appreciate everyone who has my back and if you don't believe my ability well I have 3 more fight to prove it so stay tuned !! EYEBelieve even if other don't !!! -Evil ?? Phone Post 3.0

AWESOME!!

Thank you for the fight, you put on a real professional performance and proved you deserve to be in there.

I agree, you won the first round.  I disagree about the second.   Since you suggested to look at the stats I have provided them thanks to fightmetric.

ROUND 2

Eye           0  17 of 64  27%  33 of 80  0 of 0  0%  0  0  0

Kaufman  0  26 of 61  43%  38 of 73  0 of 0  0%  0  0  0

From the looks of the stats I would say Kaufman deserved to win that round.  Taking into account Octagon Control I don't believe would be enough to sway me to score it in your favour.  That being said I don't think stats really prove anything.  They do not account for the power or effect of the strikes landed...

The reason I posted in this thread was to comment on the ridiculous call for 10-10 rounds.  I don't feel the fight was controversial at all.  It was a very close fight where IMO the winner of the second round won the fight.  That second round was very close and I can understand two professional judges seeing it differently.

Thanks for your input Jessica.  You really impressed me with your fighting skill.

Lazer MMA - 
ufc98newb - 

I really don't understand how all of these guys can come out and say the half point system would not work better than what we have now. It is complete bullshit because they must think so low of the judges that they don't think they can handle dealing with half points due to some sort of lack of intellect. In close fights, the 1/2 point system is absolutely superior to what we have now. Im sure everybody on here can name 2 or 3 fights that almost certainly would have had a more approrpriate outcome if 9.5's were allowed for close rounds. 

So this fight would have been a drew in that system?

Kaufman won that fight in reality. 10-10 in the first, 10-9, 9.5 - 10, she lost the fight. So what system produces that correct result? Well one score does.

3 > 1 & 2 combined

In reality Kaufman did not win.

PRIDE rules bros

strongstyle_chick - I am a fair person and under stand judging very well . I won the first two round . Look at the stats punched, kick and oct control . The three round she won the first three mins with over hand right I walked into . That yes wobbled shit out of me . But that last two minutes I took it to here with my double jab . Sarah did a great job on waiting til I came in to hit me . Kudo to her . But I won and no can take that away . Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have . I appreciate everyone who has my back and if you don't believe my ability well I have 3 more fight to prove it so stay tuned !! EYEBelieve even if other don't !!! -Evil ?? Phone Post 3.0

Congrats. Phone Post

strongstyle_chick      Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have .

I am a certified MMA judge with the ABC.

strongstyle_chick - I am a fair person and under stand judging very well . I won the first two round . Look at the stats punched, kick and oct control . The three round she won the first three mins with over hand right I walked into . That yes wobbled shit out of me . But that last two minutes I took it to here with my double jab . Sarah did a great job on waiting til I came in to hit me . Kudo to her . But I won and no can take that away . Regardless of a none educated explanation others might have . I appreciate everyone who has my back and if you don't believe my ability well I have 3 more fight to prove it so stay tuned !! EYEBelieve even if other don't !!! -Evil ?? Phone Post 3.0

or you should watch the fight and judge it objectively, oh wait you can't since you were in it.

She won round 2 clearly, and definitely won round 3.

Congrats on the win, and stepping up a weight division to face one of the to contenders, but don't come on here claiming the decision was just when it clearly wasn't.

shaqitup - 

or you should watch the fight and judge it objectively, oh wait you can't since you were in it.

Congrats on the win, and stepping up a weight division to face one of the to contenders, but don't come on here claiming the decision was just when it clearly wasn't.

Easy there, Shaq. Not saying you are wrong, but you are addressing her like she is your 8 year old daughter. That is to say, not respectfully. 

shaqitup - 

Round 2 was a very close competitive round...  Absolutely not a 10-10 though...

Round 1 and 3 were more dominant but neither of these rounds should be scored 10-8 either.

The fight came down to the scoring of the second round and I can understand a reasonable, educated, professional judge seeing it either way.

Your second sentence is just your opinion but you state it like fact...  She has her opinion and you have yours.  She has as much right to come here and express her opinion as you do. 

So shaqitup, I say the same to you as you say to Jessica...  Don't come on here claiming you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.

Lazer MMA -
ufc98newb - 

I really don't understand how all of these guys can come out and say the half point system would not work better than what we have now. It is complete bullshit because they must think so low of the judges that they don't think they can handle dealing with half points due to some sort of lack of intellect. In close fights, the 1/2 point system is absolutely superior to what we have now. Im sure everybody on here can name 2 or 3 fights that almost certainly would have had a more approrpriate outcome if 9.5's were allowed for close rounds. 

So this fight would have been a drew in that system?

Kaufman won that fight in reality. 10-10 in the first, 10-9, 9.5 - 10, she lost the fight. So what system produces that correct result? Well one score does.

3 > 1 & 2 combined

It's just more numbers for those idiot judges to screw up. Phone Post

OliverHumperdink - 
shaqitup - 

Round 2 was a very close competitive round...  Absolutely not a 10-10 though...

Round 1 and 3 were more dominant but neither of these rounds should be scored 10-8 either.

The fight came down to the scoring of the second round and I can understand a reasonable, educated, professional judge seeing it either way.

Your second sentence is just your opinion but you state it like fact...  She has her opinion and you have yours.  She has as much right to come here and express her opinion as you do. 

So shaqitup, I say the same to you as you say to Jessica...  Don't come on here claiming you know what you are talking about when you clearly don't.

WAtch the fight, there is no such thing as a round that "could go either way", these rounds are draws.

It was obvious Sarah won the round, and if you actually look at the stats that you're trying to say show it close, you will see it wasn't that close.

Kaufman had a clear statistical advantage in round 2, and landed a higher percentage of her strikes as well, her strikes were also heavier, as they were bouncing her head back, as she would just walk through eye's.

So no it wasn't a "pick em round", Kaufman won.

Fan of both and wouldn't have been upset if Sarah got the nod. Phone Post

I've only watched the fight once, but to me it was clear Sarah Kaufman won 29-28. I'll have to watch it one more time to see if I stand by that opinion.

double

Thanks for posting .Good fight could have easilly went either way or a draw.Id like to see either fighter again in UFC

A two point difference will never be enough. I've seen way too many 10-9s that were extremely close and way too many with clear winners. The half-point system probably isn't a perfect solution, but it's a serious improvement in how clearly fights can be scored.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that most 10-9s are way too different from one another in terms of competitiveness to be considered effective. Phone Post

Lol at all you haters. Just sit tight and don't get your panties in a bunch. She will surprise every single one of you. Just watch Phone Post 3.0

good fight!i had Kaufman winnig but there have been worse decisions,maybe karma for the Leslie Smith dec

shaqitup - 

i wasn't in it and you have no idea what you are talking about. Jessica won. that is it. there is nothing that you have that woudl persuaded me any different.

good night.