Ezekiel from the back.... can it be done no gi?

Recently learned how to ezekiel from the back (with seatbelt/over under control) and I am loving it. Its a very sneaky sub.

I'm sitting here at work so I don't have anyone to try this on. Can you do this from the back with out a gi?

It can be done, but with a lower success rate imo.

This guy can.

andre -  This guy can.

lol.. :-)

Hmmmm... wouldnt a no-gi ezekiel be a RNC?

Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but my no-gi ezekiels are basiclly backward RNCs.

I feel like im confused here lol.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing... If you can get close enough to loop your arm around, why not just RNC?

Then again, I hardly ever tap anyone with anything, so i don't really know what I'm doing.

HuntingtonBeach - Hmmmm... wouldnt a no-gi ezekiel be a RNC?

Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but my no-gi ezekiels are basiclly backward RNCs.

I feel like im confused here lol.

no.. the tech I am talking about is a choke done with an over/under control from the back. In short you drive the arm under the arm pit up until your hand can grab their traps. With the hand thats from the under arm you grab the inside the sleeze of your opposing arm. Then take the top hand and position it at the back of their neck and scissor your hand against it.

This creates a chioke by driving their trapped arm into their cartorid and driving their neck into bottom forearm closing the other cartorid.

cumprido1 - ^^^ I was thinking the same thing... If you can get close enough to loop your arm around, why not just RNC?

Then again, I hardly ever tap anyone with anything, so i don't really know what I'm doing.

Most people are so worried about the RNC they defend it at all costs and leave themselves open to this attack.

can you explain how it works?

would the only difference between the no-gi ezekiel from the back and a RNC be that the hand thats on the back of the head moves down to the back of there neck?

Are there any vids showing this technique? A vid would help. It is difficult to understand based on your description.

yeah its hard to describe.. I have to wait till I get home to see if theres a vid for it. Its in saulos book though so if you have that take a peek.

All I can find online.. its exactly how I do it though.

I saw one by Ari Bolden that is straight retarded lol...

I can't post it from my iPhone for some reason, but look up Jacare vs Gozali on YouTube. He finishes Gozali with the choke you are looking for. I use it a good deal, but it's harder on guys with big shoulders.

Koji Komuro and Andre Galvao both show this choke in their instructional videos - it depends on the sleeve grip and can't be done no gi.

Same choke used in the European Judo Championship (simple yeteffective setup): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F45c_ZYcyu0

I thought you meant when you were on your back and your opponent was in your closed guard.

I do it no gi all the time.

when you transition off their back but before you can go to the side choke they turn away from it.

I slide my knee under there shoulder and neck so they can't get back to the mat or relieve the pressure of the choke.

THen I use my harness control hand and flatten it and grab a notch that is on his shoulder blade-scapula.
then I grab down on my wrist that is holding the scapula with my other hand.
I try and push his own arm a little across his face and then pull everything in like I am doing a cross choke. while settling my chest across his arm.
it is a real powerful choke but I have never seen anyone doing it.
Just kind of stumbled into it one day.you can do it so that you are finishing in almost the s-mount position or just off of their side

maybe I am tired but I am having a hard time following that

Not quite the same, but you should be able to set this up from back mount w/ harness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfdewD-OI44

(No gi clock choke/arm triangle from the back)

interesting, I like it. I will try it out...

andre -  This guy can.

Haha, taking it back with Master of the Flying Guillotine...