F*ck USA healthcare

This whole system is such a rip-off.

Six months ago I got a staph infection in my nose. I take a trip to the doctor just to confirm, she takes one look and says "yep, it's staph". Says they need to take a culture and send it to the lab to see if it's MRSA. She gives me two antibiotics and says take both, that way you're covered no matter what. Then we'll get the test result and you can just take one or the other.

Three days later I call, they say "well, it's not MRSA, but keep taking both medicines anyway". WTF was the point of the lab then? So I take both meds until they run out, and the staph goes away.

Then the bills come:

Ten minutes in the doc's office: $120
Lab work from hospital: $220
Generic Meds: $20
Total cost of one tiny nose infection: $360

And that was after reductions from my insurance company.

Now tonight my nose is sore as hell. It's the exact same as last time so I've probably got another infection. Time for another reaming from the friendly neighborhood medical-industrial complex! Seriously, f*ck this pile of shit and anyone who supports it.

I'm a libertarian and think the government is the main problem. I can sort of understand why the single-payer advocates think the way they do, based on what we've seen in other countries. But you have to be a real dumbfuck to support the status quo.

Zanzoken - This whole system is such a rip-off.

Six months ago I got a staph infection in my nose. I take a trip to the doctor just to confirm, she takes one look and says "yep, it's staph". Says they need to take a culture and send it to the lab to see if it's MRSA. She gives me two antibiotics and says take both, that way you're covered no matter what. Then we'll get the test result and you can just take one or the other.

Three days later I call, they say "well, it's not MRSA, but keep taking both medicines anyway". WTF was the point of the lab then? So I take both meds until they run out, and the staph goes away.

Then the bills come:

Ten minutes in the doc's office: $120
Lab work from hospital: $220
Generic Meds: $20
Total cost of one tiny nose infection: $360

And that was after reductions from my insurance company.

Now tonight my nose is sore as hell. It's the exact same as last time so I've probably got another infection. Time for another reaming from the friendly neighborhood medical-industrial complex! Seriously, f*ck this pile of shit and anyone who supports it.

I'm a libertarian and think the government is the main problem. I can sort of understand why the single-payer advocates think the way they do, based on what we've seen in other countries. But you have to be a real dumbfuck to support the status quo.

FRAT (fuck you)

and in before "but world leaders come here for their healthcare"

Quality is not the issue. I would come here too if somebody else was footing the bill.

You're not a libertarian. Phone Post 3.0

You're not a faggot.

ttt for Opposite Day

Move to CAnada Phone Post 3.0

Not enough people paying into a healthcare planned coupled with new medical technology prices and for profit health insurance companies and we've arrived at the cluster fuck that is American healthcare. While we're great at diagnosing and treating a patient we are terrible at paying for it. Phone Post 3.0

I had to have a culture taken from my ear infection, the cost was like $86, but insurance brought it down to $5 for me.

I still think the system is fucked. I'm just now getting the bills from an ER visit and several doctors visits ... I'm not excited. Phone Post 3.0

clattymine - I had to have a culture taken from my ear infection, the cost was like $86, but insurance brought it down to $5 for me.

I still think the system is fucked. I'm just now getting the bills from an ER visit and several doctors visits ... I'm not excited. Phone Post 3.0
Are you all better now..I remember you were in a lot of pain :( Phone Post 3.0

How much do you think that trip to the doctor should have cost?

Nixon set up the healthcare "industrial complex" and that's exactly what it is in this country..... Aaaaaahhhhh ffuuuccckkk. What am I thinking.

Thanks Obama. Phone Post 3.0

I went to the eye doctor a couple of months ago and was prescribed some eye drops. I went to the pharmacy and with my insurance card a 5ml bottle was $190 after the insurance discount. I went to my overseas pharmacy website, the same drops were $18. What the fuck?

I tell you, even though we get anally raped with taxes here in Canada, every time I read one of these threads about the insane state of the health care industry in the US, and how shitty insurance companies treat you, I thank the heavens I am a Canuck, and don't have to worry about something as important as figuring out 'will I be taken care of if am seriously ill'.

It's something I am more and more aware of and thankful for as I get older... Phone Post 3.0

NorthernHospitality -
clattymine - I had to have a culture taken from my ear infection, the cost was like $86, but insurance brought it down to $5 for me.

Are you all better now..I remember you were in a lot of pain :( Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I am thanks. A month of pain, shit oozing from my ear, and fucked up hearing and I'm in pretty good shape. Phone Post 3.0

that would be so cheap up here in Canada.

$20 or so.

I just changed jobs, because I was absolutely hated my last one. The one downfall was horrible and expensive medical. I will start paying $550/month for a plan that has me paying $40 co pays on Rx's. My daughter is Type1 diabetic, which means $80/month for her two insulins. I'm not sure syringes and test strips will run. Our Government doesn't give one fuck about the working class. For the rich and poor, medical care is no worry. The rich can afford it, and the poor don't pay for anything. Us working folk paying outrageous costs to afford for the "less privileged."

I had to go to the cheap ass clinic in town the other day, because of no insurance, lady in there looked high as kite, kind of white trashy, she had a $2 (TWO DOLLAR) co pay, and couldnt even pay it. She was there for pain medicine too.

The whole system is a fucking joke. I tried to buy health insurance again the other night, it tells me open enrollment is closed, I can buy a temp policy, but the deal with temp policies is they get to exclude you for preexisting conditions just the way the old insurance system was.

Yet ole baby popping out pill heads in the south can go to the cheapest clinic in town with medicare or some shit, have a $2.00 co pay, not pay it, still get their RX for their drugs to get their next high, and not a single fuck is given.

10 years of school to become a dr... Maybe that's why they are so damn expensive. College is a rip off Phone Post 3.0

Not sure if it is an option but I had a questionable bump on my arm and 5 at my gym had just gotten staph. I paid 85 bucks at a little clinic inside a walgreens and 5 bucks for a set of pills. No tests no insurance $90. I wasn't thrilled but it beats dying

JCON - 10 years of school to become a dr... Maybe that's why they are so damn expensive. College is a rip off Phone Post 3.0

The sad thing is most regular MD's are just legalized drug dealers that punch some symptoms onto a computer and start shotgunning drugs at you, sometimes basically making a lab rat out of you in the process.....with no sucks given. The system is a fucking joke.