F**K YOU TARGET!

NorthernHospitality - 
Irish Cream - 

the fuck is a poppy? 

A Poppy is a flowering plant in the subfamily Papaveroideae of the family Papaveraceae. Poppies are herbaceous plants, often grown for their colorful flowers

In 1915, Guelph, Ontario native John McCrae, a doctor serving with the Canadian Artillery, recorded this phenomenon in his famous poem In Flanders Fields.

The association of the Poppy to those who had been killed in war has existed since the Napoleonic Wars in the 19th century, over 110 years before being adopted in Canada. There exists a record from that time of how thickly Poppies grew over the graves of soldiers in the area of Flanders, France. This early connection between the Poppy and battlefield deaths described how fields that were barren before the battles exploded with the blood-red flowers after the fighting ended.

I bought one of those from a guy recently.

Then, when he shook my hand, I gave him a Stone Cold Stunner.

Does Target make exceptions for any group? The problem is that once you make ANY exception........the issue of "you did it for 'them' I you don't do it for 'us' it is discrimination" immediately comes up around your neck and chokes you. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 
dangerboy12 - Target is just WalMart with higher prices and whiter customers.

And better looking checkout girls who wear those tight little outfits.  

Huh? Not around here. They might be better looking than the ex-cons and single moms at Wal-Mart but they're hardly the cuties you find working in the malls and tanning salons.

NorthernHospitality - 
Authority Figure - 

1. In America, all charities sell outside.

2. Target is American.

3. Wear a coat. Phone Post

They are 80+ years old ! This isn't America! It's Canada! It's fuckin cold...That's fine if your charities sell their shit outside in your country, but for an American company to tell OUR veterans they can't sell their symbol in a store like they have been all this time is pretty fucking ignorant! What's the big deal? It's a little table where 2 veterans sit and wave at you, say hello to your children, smile and watch you drop 25 fucking cents in a box, pick up your poppy and be on with your day! 

1. In America old people collect money for charity on the curb - outside the business.

2. In America, old people collect money from November to January - in the snow, rain, sleet - outside the business.

3. In America, our veterans shoot up post offices, become bank robbers, run private armies for billionaires, not sell flowers. I'm not sure I should be bragging about that, but I will.

Americans "we da the streets gettin busy"

Canadians "do you serve hot cocoa?"

Authority Figure - 
NorthernHospitality - 
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

They are 80+ years old ! This isn't America! It's Canada! It's fuckin cold...That's fine if your charities sell their shit outside in your country, but for an American company to tell OUR veterans they can't sell their symbol in a store like they have been all this time is pretty fucking ignorant! What's the big deal? It's a little table where 2 veterans sit and wave at you, say hello to your children, smile and watch you drop 25 fucking cents in a box, pick up your poppy and be on with your day! 

1. In America old people collect money for charity on the curb - outside the business.

2. In America, old people collect money from November to January - in the snow, rain, sleet - outside the business.

3. In America, our veterans shoot up post offices, become bank robbers, run private armies for billionaires, not sell flowers. I'm not sure I should be bragging about that, but I will.

Yeah I wouldn't be bragging about that.....

Roy Batty - 
angryinch - 

Huh? Not around here. They might be better looking than the ex-cons and single moms at Wal-Mart but they're hardly the cuties you find working in the malls and tanning salons.

Not sure what kind of backwoods hick town you live in but around here and in just about every major metro area Target I've been in, they have a ton of hot checkout girls wearing impressively tight uniforms.  

I wouldn't say they're at the same level as the mall and salon hotties but they're maybe just one small step below them, and definitely countless steps above the swamp donkeys you see working the walmart checkouts.  

The red cross has bell ringers outside all through the holidays for donations. Even without the bell you won't see the red kettle inside. Quit your bitching Canadians. You're just Americas hat. Phone Post 3.0

Pat Giles - The red cross has bell ringers outside all through the holidays for donations. Even without the bell you won't see the red kettle inside. Quit your bitching Canadians. You're just Americas hat. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 
Roy Batty - 
angryinch - 

Not sure what kind of backwoods hick town you live in but around here and in just about every major metro area Target I've been in, they have a ton of hot checkout girls wearing impressively tight uniforms.  

I wouldn't say they're at the same level as the mall and salon hotties but they're maybe just one small step below them, and definitely countless steps above the swamp donkeys you see working the walmart checkouts.  

Yeah, the cashiers are hotter lol, I've noticed that. But hot cashiers don't make up for over charging IMO.

NorthernHospitality -
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

Companies are private entities and don't give a flying fuck who you think you are or what your bullshit cause is

They are a business and conduct themselves as so. American businesses are not keen to solicitation of their customers INSIDE their business. Now they ARE kind enough to allow use of THIER private property outside the storefront for soliciting. If you don't like the conditions go solicit somewhere else. Phone Post 3.0

It has nothing to do with "it's just little old veterans"

It has to do with corporate policies and setting a precedent. What's to say this cause is better than then next 10 causes that will request permission to do similar charity drives? Phone Post 3.0

Auschwitzyoustoppickingonme - 
NorthernHospitality -
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

Companies are private entities and don't give a flying fuck who you think you are or what your bullshit cause is

They are a business and conduct themselves as so. American businesses are not keen to solicitation of their customers INSIDE their business. Now they ARE kind enough to allow use of THIER private property outside the storefront for soliciting. If you don't like the conditions go solicit somewhere else. Phone Post 3.0

They should give a fucking shit! Communities is what keeps those stores going..People in the community buy their crap so the fucking stores should be more than willing to accomodate any charity in that community that wants to set something up... Especially anything that has to do wtih vets and soldiers...Americans thrive on fighting for fucksakes... 

If Chuck Norris was Canadian, this wouldn't happen

NorthernHospitality - 
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

Target's corporate headquarters are just as far north as most of Canada's populous cities, I think they know what the cold is, toughin up

NorthernHospitality -
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

This!! Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker - 
NorthernHospitality - 
Authority Figure - 

2. Target is American.

Target's corporate headquarters are just as far north as most of Canada's populous cities, I think they know what the cold is, toughin up

Yeah tell that to an 86 year man with a prosthetic...

Next time, pay your cut, Dudleys. Capitalism: How does it work?

No one is allowed to solicit inside a Target. All those people who want you to sign a petition or donate to a charity are stationed outside the store and are not endorsed by Target. Girl Scouts, Red Cross, Slavation Army, Toys for Tots all have to go outside regardless of rain, snow, wind, or heat. They would get the same treatment from Wal Mart, Kohls, McDonald's, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. It's nothing personal. It's a standard policy that many retail businesses adhere to to protect themselves and their customers. Phone Post

stevekt -  No one is allowed to solicit inside a Target. All those people who want you to sign a petition or donate to a charity are stationed outside the store and are not endorsed by Target. Girl Scouts, Red Cross, Slavation Army, Toys for Tots all have to go outside regardless of rain, snow, wind, or heat. They would get the same treatment from Wal Mart, Kohls, McDonald's, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc. It's nothing personal. It's a standard policy that many retail businesses adhere to to protect themselves and their customers. Phone Post

My local Walmart has the Royal Canadian Legion vets sitting inside at a table with it all set up... Last year Walmart even provided free coffee for people that donated for a poppy... Toys R Us in Ottawa even had a set up for toy donation for our Childrens hospital at Christmas time..