Fabio Gurgel taps Marcelo Garcia (recent)

Check it out

test

http://www.youtube.com/v/J8G7946fkwI&hl=en

Dude, it's training. They aren't going anywhere near competition pace. Fabio has previously said he can't pass Marcelo's guard.

Dude shut your face you newb...I've rolled and hung out with both dudes many times. I know them personally. How bout you?

Nobody here hatin on Marcelo...most of all not me...and I ain't trying to hype Fabio either...just saying that he can tap Marcelo still at this point in his life in jiu jitsu. How many people can tap Marcelo even in training that you know of? Hmmm?

they are in Alliance Academy in Sao Paolo. First time Marcelo has been there a while. He trained for about 3 1/2 hours. Big names were there like: Tarsis Humphreys, Gabriel Vella, Fabio Passos, Luciano Nucci, Michael Langhi. After rolling with Langhi, Vella and a few others he went against Fabio Gurgel twice and this is what happened both times.

The other dudes couldn't do this to Marcelo.

Anyway mats there are kinda soft...I don't like them..you can get toes and fingers injured in soft mats like that. But they keep them white so that it forces them to be cleaned often and it looks cool (to them). It's actually a pretty dope academy.

It's impressive to sub Marcelo, but that sub didn't impress me.

Heavier people choking lighter people with gi chokes doesn't impress me heaps either. No offence, I always appreciate training clips.

And.....

isnt Fabio the more experienced BJJ'er?

well...considering he's Marcelo's teacher...I would say that he is the more experienced one. He's a 4 time BJJ world champ. Marcelo's got 2 to his name and multiple ADCC championships.

Fabio's done what Marcelo is doing now but before it was as popular internationally.

Eddie Bravo on Marcelo

was is jacare who tapped marcello with a basic kimura from guard?

I am GLAD he got tapped. That makes him so much better - just as it does when we get tapped by someone.

We just watched Garcia go up another level :-)

"Most people on here probably don't know the first thing about Marcelo's history, or Gurgel." Exactly. There are few other people that could get a smother/arm choke like that on Marcelo.

I have seen them go hard and I can say that Marcelo doesn't give him an easy time for any reason. You don't take it easy on Fabio Gurgel. DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS? Hahaha.

I think people do care. I hear brazilians and everybody else talking about it in class, hanging out, etc..."hey did you hear that so and so tapped Liborio today? It was sick dude...blah blah..." Any way if nobody is interested in the video then just move along. Nothing to see here...

he did use the lock down but Fabio got past it and passed his guard. The video of them rolling above was really the 4th vid. Here's the 1st one.

solaris9 - Dude shut your face you newb...I've rolled and hung out with both dudes many times. I know them personally. How bout you?

Why are you insulting me because I said they aren't going 100%? Furthermore, what does you having known them have anything to do with this discussion and my observation?

I am well aware of who Fabio and Marcelo are, and their accomplishments. Both are world class grapplers, but if you think Marcelo is going 100% against Fabio in that clip, then you are dilusional.

I have seen them go hard and I can say that Marcelo doesn't give him an easy time for any reason. You don't take it easy on Fabio Gurgel. DO YOU KNOW WHO HE IS? Hahaha.

Lol @ you thinking that Marcelo is going 100% because he is rolling with Fabio, as if it's something special for Marcelo.

It's because of threads like this that most gyms don't like to show footage of their training. Everyone gets tapped in training, especially when you have world class guys rolling with each other over and over again and not everyone is going 100% and using their A game. The problem is people like you making a big deal out of it.

2nd

and 3rd.

So if you're not interested don't watch. But some people must be because the thread's been viewed a few times :)