Fabricio calling for Super Fight with Jon Jones

I will submit Jon Jones in heavyweight superfight

Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum says he would submit Jon Jones on the ground in a potential cross-promotional superfight.

Werdum, who will take part in PFL’s upcoming third season, was the former UFC heavyweight champion, a title that Jones is hoping to soon win. In Werdum’s final fight in the UFC, he picked up a big upset win when he tapped out Jones’ former rival Alexander Gustafsson. Werdum then signed with PFL, where he hopes to win the $1-mllion dollar grand prize. While winning the PFL title is his current goal, he still has Jones on his mind for a future fight someday between the PFL and UFC champions.

“I believe Jones will be the future UFC heavyweight champion. If I win the PFL Heavyweight Grand Prix, it would be great to finally fight him in a cross-promotion superfight. I have no doubt that if I face Jones in the same shape I fought Gustafsson, I would submit him on the ground,” Werdum said.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/fabricio-werdum-i-will-submit-jon-jones-in-heavyweight-superfight/

Image result for werdum

1 Like

Image result for werdum

Nobody on earth wants to see the number 1 205 guy against the number 11 heavyweight. Maybe when Werdum was champ, but now, literally nobody gives a fuck. 

1 Like

I’d root for Jon for the first time in many years.

5 Likes
wiggum - I'd root for Jon for the first time in many years.

Actually, I rooted for Jon against Reyes in spite of my better instincts.

1 Like
wiggum - I'd root for Jon for the first time in many years.

Same here. Almost pains me to say it....but I would. 

Well at least it would be better than the Jones-Brandon Vera “super fight” that Vera recently called for 

ttt

mmafan1975 -

Well at least it would be better than the Jones-Brandon Vera “super fight” that Vera recently called for 

Can't blame Vera or Werdum for wanting to fight Jones. It's all about the money. Neither opponent makes any sense for Jones or the fans, but it makes sense for Vera and Werdum's bank accounts. 

Same, Werdum forgets Stipe owned his ass and he wants Jones lol

werdumb cant complete without steriods

I dont care about titles.  I'd watch the shit out of this fight.

1 Like
jgiveshead - 

Same!

Used love Pride cards back in the day when it wasnt about belts, but great fighters vs other great fighters.

jgiveshead -

I'd love the fight, especially a few years ago but this co-promotion talk is dumb and fighters and media talk that way just for clickbate headlines.

Cyborg left UFC and started that co-promotion BS talk too.

Bellator/ONE/PFL etc... fighters are always talking about cross-promotion fights with UFC fighters when they know UFC does zero co-promoted fights.

Its just clickbate talk.

1 Like
BJ Penn Forever -
jgiveshead -

I'd love the fight, especially a few years ago but this co-promotion talk is dumb and fighters and media talk that way just for clickbate headlines.

Cyborg left UFC and started that co-promotion BS talk too.

Bellator/ONE/PFL etc... fighters are always talking about cross-promotion fights with UFC fighters when they know UFC does zero co-promoted fights.

Its just clickbate talk.

I hate it when people call out for fights that they would never take, just because they know the fight isn't possible.

But that is not the case here. Werdum would absolutely fight Jones and be a huge threat to win. Look at how easily he dominated Gus. Werdum is still one of the best heavyweights in the world. 

I would love to see that fight! 

Kryptboy - 

Same here. Almost pains me to say it....but I would. 

Why?

Non N00B - 

Nobody on earth wants to see the number 1 205 guy against the number 11 heavyweight. Maybe when Werdum was champ, but now, literally nobody gives a fuck. 

Jones has never fought at HW.

Plenty of people want to see this.