Facebook AI Labels Black Men AS PRIMATES

DailyMail.com wins apology from Facebook for AI fail that labelled website’s news video of black men being harassed and arrested as ‘primates’

• Facebook on Saturday issued a public apology to DailyMail.com and MailOnline
  • Facebook’s AI labeled a news video showing black men as related to 'primates’
  • Users reacted with horror to the highly offensive label generated by Facebook
  • ’This was an algorithmic error on Facebook and did not reflect the content of the Daily Mail’s post,’ a Facebook spokesman said in the groveling apology

“The computers racist because it was made mostly by white people…”

Seriously though, did you see that racist hurricane destroying all the trailers in Louisiana?

please. tech companies will basically hire every female and black applicant they can find. and move them up the ladder quickly.

there just aren’t enough of them that go to school for it

2 Likes

I agree with quotes 3 and 4 (surprisingly), but not with number 5.

One of the problems with deep neural networks is that they have “low explainability”… They work incredibly well until they fuck up and it’s very hard to understand why.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Glasses Reading GIF

5 Likes

Great shadow

1 Like

tell me that’s fake?

#ShadowsAreRacists

1 Like

Humans are primates?

3 Likes

It was cheddar_man who did it

3 Likes

Funny that no one at Facebook knows that, apparently. Except for the AI, that is.

2 Likes

Lol. Can’t argue that the ai us racist

Meanwhile the last comment guy looks like a baboon. From those fbers.

1 Like

even artificial intelligence is racist!

Or just calls it like it is

1 Like

Really? I wish that had happened to me when I was still in I.T.
IDK where you’re getting your information from.

Aren’t all humans primates?

1 Like

hey you need to let @Cheddar_Man to defend himself

1 Like

same, I agree with 3 and 4… mostly 3.

AI is being trained on the shadows