Facebook asking me verify identity + upload gov id

Has anyone else had this happen? A few hours ago, my phone + computer logged me out of Facebook... now when I login, it first prompts me to enter a real first name and real last name... (historically, I refuse to give my last name) the second page then asks you to verify that information by uploading a copy of a govt id. (driver's license, passport, etc)

It provides a link to here if you have any question:
https://www.facebook.com/help/457469094277849

No fucking way! Not only will I not give my last name - there is absolutely no reason why I should scan in a copy of an ID to provide to Facebook.

For years, Facebook has also periodically prompted me to enter a phone #, in the interest of "protecting my account". No way on that one either.

Here is where I am stuck:
http://i.imgur.com/17yOJE2.png

My only viable option is to take a picture of my license, and then just Photoshop myself a fake name, address, id #, etc... which I am very capable of doing. But I can't believe it has come to this.

I am afraid that if I go through all this trouble, the 3rd step will be to enter a mobile # so they can send me a verification code... which I also do not want to do.

You sure your browser isn't hijacked? Phone Post 3.0

Send them this and report back

Seems legit. Phone Post 3.0

Me hacked? No. Open the FAQ yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/help/457469094277849

OblongBox - 

lmfao OB VU

Why do I need to upload an ID?
We require everyone using Facebook to use their authentic name and birthday. This way, you always know who you're connecting with. In order to confirm that you're using your authentic name on Facebook, we need you to provide a copy of your ID. Please keep in mind that we'll permanently delete this document after we resolve your issue.

What types of ID does Facebook accept?
You can confirm your identity in 1 of 3 ways. When submitting documentation, please cover up any personal information we don't need to verify your identity (ex: credit card number, Social Security number). We encrypt people’s connections to Facebook by default, including IDs you send to us. We delete your ID information after verification is complete.

Option 1

We will accept any government-issued ID that contains your name and date of birth. Examples include:

Birth certificate
Driver’s license
Passport
Marriage certificate
Official name change paperwork
Personal or vehicle insurance card
Non-driver's government ID (ex: disability, SNAP card, national ID card)
Green card, residence permit or immigration papers
Voter ID card
Option 2

You can provide two different forms of ID from the following list (ex: a bank statement and a library card, but not two bank statements). The names on your IDs must match each other, and one of the IDs must include a photo or date of birth that matches the information on your profile.

Below are some examples of IDs we'll accept:

Bank statement
Bus card
Check
Credit card
Employment verification
Library card
Mail
Magazine subscription stub
Medical record
Membership ID (ex: pension card, union membership, work ID, professional ID)
Paycheck stub
Permit
School card
School record
Social Security card
Utility bill
Yearbook photo (actual scan or photograph of the page in your yearbook)
Option 3

If you don’t have an ID that shows your authentic name as well as your photo or date of birth, you can provide two forms of ID from Option 2 above, and then provide a government ID that includes a date of birth or photo that matches the information on your profile. We won't add the name or other information from the government ID to your account.

This happened to a friend of mine recently.  FB is trying to eliminate duplicate/fake/scam accounts.  If have a unique first or last name, they will disable your account and make you add your real name.  You will have the option of keeping your pseudonym, sort of, as your real full name will appear in parenthesis.

I have a friend who's real name is Calimity Jane.  FB disabled her account multiple times, but she loves FB & her friends, and she ended up having to send them a passport shot to get her account re-instated.  We were at least able to convince her to cover her Passport ID number.

To clarify, as I mentioned in my first post, I have historically not given Facebook any info... my last name is simply 1 letter... so maybe they are just specifically targeting me.

I set my last name to only 1 letter long before FB had any such restrictions/policies, and now they want to force fuck me into providing my info.

I'll just Photoshop the same 1 letter as my last name.

BackOffWarchild - 

This happened to a friend of mine recently.  FB is trying to eliminate duplicate/fake/scam accounts.  If have a unique first or last name, they will disable your account and make you add your real name.  You will have the option of keeping your pseudonym, sort of, as your real full name will appear in parenthesis.

I have a friend who's real name is Calimity Jane.  FB disabled her account multiple times, but she loves FB & her friends, and she ended up having to send them a passport shot to get her account re-instated.  We were at least able to convince her to cover her Passport ID number.

OK - that explains it. Whichever ID I choose, I am certainly editing all important info.

Lol@ Facebook problems. Phone Post 3.0

Kid Crucial -
OblongBox - 

lmfao OB VU

Legit LOL! I'm must use this in some way, shape, or form. Phone Post 3.0

papasmurf24 - Ive never had a facebook account and sometimes worry that not having 1 makes me seem like a recluse.

Thanks for affirming by belief that facebook is fucked. Phone Post 3.0

No - I am with you. When people criticize FB on privacy issues... my response is always: have a Facebook, but don't give it any important info. Don't give it your employer, your school, your real birth date, etc etc. I always took it a step further, and didn't give it a full name - now it is coming to get me.

Someone on a computer, please post.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maiu5m9fIW1rn0kgco1_1280.jpg Phone Post 3.0

Same thing happened to me. No fucking way I was uploading my ID to those data mining fuckers.

I will not provide real information - just gotta decide what name I want to go with. Something similar-ish to my real name (so my friends can still find me).

u need more identification to have a facebook than u need to vote