Facking fantastic family friendly films and series

We've been through most of Hayao Miyazaki's stuff and Studio Ghibli's films.

Daughter (11) and wife really like AGT, Deadliest Catch, World of Dance, and American Ninja Warrior but i'm getting really burned out on the last two. 

What shows or films are you watching with your family?

The Simpsons and Futurama. Spectacular Spiderman was a excellent cartoon series. I love nature documentaries. The son tolerates them if he likes whatever animal is on the screen lol

Have been a big fan of the BBC nature docs like planet eart 1 & 2 etc as have my family.

Although I am just a bear I came to this thread to mention studio ghibli and you already covered it in the first post. I think those are life changing films and really should be shared with all kids at certain ages. Perfect example of what children's movies have the potential to be. Great movies that just happen to be meant for young kids/teens/etc but are genuinely great for all ages. Most of the time people think take  "kid movie" as a justification for a movie being brainless junk to shut a cub up for 2 hours. 

Other than saving private, my neighbor totoro is the most realistic movie of all time in my book.

I also recommend Shaun the sheep on amazon Prime. There is a movie and tv show. No dialogue. Made by same people that made wallace and gromit. 

Also try the Red Turtle. French animated movie made in part with studio ghibli staff. No dialogue in yhat either. Perfect for all ages and great discussion material for parents with their cubs.

I havent seen ronja yet but its a series on Amazon prime made by the ghibli folk.

Winnie the pooh has a lot of shows and movies. 

Depending on your comfort zone if you have a boy, id highly recommend dragon ball thr complete series. Start with the original dragon ball and not z. Goku is a young boy at the the start of the series. Its all adventure and humor. Though some of the humor can be quite risque its also very innocent if you understand the overall vibe of the manga/anime. Some parents may not be cool with some of the jokes and perversion.

I think goku is one of the greatest role models of all time for how people should live their life. Even more so if you are in the martial arts. Thats only apparent though if you start with the original dragon ball and see how goku lives his life to become man, and then a hero. Hard work, discipline, innocence, transforming others and the world through your positive example and not through mindless lectures.

Shucks I'm just a bear, but here is another suggestion for a girl. As a general rule I surprisingly dont care for anime but if something is good its good(ie the ghibli movies.) Someone recommended to me madoka magi? I dont remember the exact title but its essentially a short 13 episode series evangelion meets sailor moon-esque show. Its pretty dark, and grizzly but thats not apparent until a few episodes have passed. You have to watch the whole show to realize its essentially a critical take on all those idiotic magical girl series in which teen  girls are catty with each other, airheads, have magic powers that solve all their problems and go gaga over boys. The series highlights the importance of sacrifice, real female friendship and sisterhood, perseverance, and hardwork. I think its aimed at preteens.

Avoid Disney movies unless they are pixar. Though maybe im too harsh. So many bad childrens movies that insult the intelligence of kids. If adults want to purposely turn off their brains to watch michael Bay shit thats their choice. Its a tragedy to intentionally expose kids to mindless shit when kids don't know better.

I didn't want to come off like a shill

-_-

Good stuff on here. I'll check some of them out

HoneyGlazedJinx -

I don't know your kids ages but if they're a bit younger then

Bobs Burgers

Gravity Falls

If they are a bit older:

Rick and Morty 

Futurama

for non-cartoon

Masterchef

Gravity falls is awesome. I def would like to watch them in order, I hope it has a conclusion one day too 

TheBearStare -

Although I am just a bear I came to this thread to mention studio ghibli and you already covered it in the first post. I think those are life changing films and really should be shared with all kids at certain ages. Perfect example of what children's movies have the potential to be. Great movies that just happen to be meant for young kids/teens/etc but are genuinely great for all ages. Most of the time people think take  "kid movie" as a justification for a movie being brainless junk to shut a cub up for 2 hours. 

Other than saving private, my neighbor totoro is the most realistic movie of all time in my book.

I also recommend Shaun the sheep on amazon Prime. There is a movie and tv show. No dialogue. Made by same people that made wallace and gromit. 

Also try the Red Turtle. French animated movie made in part with studio ghibli staff. No dialogue in yhat either. Perfect for all ages and great discussion material for parents with their cubs.

I havent seen ronja yet but its a series on Amazon prime made by the ghibli folk.

haven't seen ronja.  will check it out.  have seen the others though.  thanks, bearstare.  your recs are pretty solid for a bear.

Impractical Jokers

Soup Nazi -

Impractical Jokers

Whats that about?