Faction Changes in WoW

We wanted to give everyone a very early heads-up that, in response to player requests, we’re developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. There’s still much work to do and many details to iron out, but the basic idea is that players will be able to use the service to transform an existing character into a roughly equivalent character of the opposing faction on the same realm. Players who ended up creating and leveling up characters on the opposite factions from their friends have been asking for this type of functionality for some time, and we’re pleased to be getting closer to being able to deliver it.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the faction-change service in a way that won’t disrupt the gameplay experience on the realms, and there will be some rules involved with when and how the service can be used. The number of variables involved increases the complexity of implementing this service, but we plan to take the time needed to ensure that it lives up to expectations before officially rolling it out. We’ll go into much more detail on all of this here at http://www.WorldofWarcraft.com as development progresses. In the meantime, we wanted to let you know that because this type of functionality requires extensive internal testing well in advance of release, you m
ay be seeing bits and pieces of the service in the test builds we use for the public test realms moving forward.

kinda cool. make my gnome DK an orc. 

LOL. It will only cost $19.95. Soon WOW will be selling in-game gold for money. They're milking WOW for everything it's worth at this point.

Fuck me, and I've leveled 2 DK's and 2 rogues for the factions.

Sharks and jumping etc...

This game is pretty much fucked.

Glad I quit back in Jan....downhill super fast!

i actually like the idea.

On my server, I can see a lot of people going Horde simply because Alliance blows on this server.

The game is finally going down the tubes. Luckily I quit months ago.

hahahahaha i knew it as soon as i experienced the whole argent tourny bs. Pretty insulting to anyone with half a brain. Desperation frens.

Look for a new world of warcraft social networking website soon

switching factions is an indication or it "going down the tubes" or being "pretty insulting"? Any explanations guys other than you being butthurt over a game?

If you cannot grasp what all of this means then nobody here can help you fren.

good cop out.  mad cause you spent time leveling on the other side because this feature wasn't available to you? mad because you feel that the horde vs alliance doesn't "mean" anything? mad because you see it as a money grab? mad because you think it may cause an imbalance of players on a server and you'll lose your e-friends to the other side?

just tell me how you or anyone is possibly worse off for this change. and what a wrote above does not count because thats jsut a bunch of crying bullshit over nothing.

i just dont see how this is a sign of the game going down the tubes....i dont really even like WoW right now, but this feature would bring me back for a bit. my main is alliance and 98% of the people I know play horde. the reason I left WoW is cause I had no one to play with. And no, I had no desire to level up another toon to 80 as horde as I hate leveling.

Good news for my rogue

I actually think this is a good move. Like character transfers they can be limited to only servers where it could benefit the balance.

When I was playing there was certain servers where Horde totally outnumbered alliance and vice versa, you allow faction changes for only say horde to alliance on a server with overpopulated Horde and it balances things out.

dbl

Does Habeeb live on? or does Reefman make his way to the darkside? these are the questions that must be answered!

I agree with Gord.  This is good for the game. I'm a bit worried what will happen to the Battlegroup balance, hopefully we'll import better alliance PvPers (please god more healers). If not I'll jump ship and make my Orc into a Night Elf and have my vengeance. 

get gkicked!

swap sides and gank their asses..

haha

keep in mind blizzard has been begged by players for years for this feature. Its not like it came out of nowhere.

nimitivd - get gkicked!

swap sides and gank their asses..

haha

LOL - nice.