facts about arlovski/fedor to end all threads

1. Arlovski was winning the fight by beating fedor to the punch and being very evasive with his headmovement and footwork

2. Although Arlovski was winning the fight, he only landed 1-3 shots at most to fedor's face

3. Fedor was never hurt during the fight

4. If fedor and arlovski fought 100 times, fedor would probably land that punch off a flying knee 1 time only...in that sense, it was "lucky"

5. That being said, if the fight went five rounds, fedor would have a good shot at catching andre with something else and knocking him out

6. if they fought again tomorrow, the odds would be much more in andre's favor than they were before...he may not be a favorite, but it would be closer to a pickem
  1. Fedor would train more than 4 weeks this time

goku - 
6. if they fought again tomorrow, the odds would be much more in andre's favor than they were before...he may not be a favorite, but it would be closer to a pickem

Odds Making isn't your profession, is it?

Brutally KTFO in 3 minutes, 17 seconds. LOL the fight never even hit the mat...

I disagree w/ #3.

goku - 1. Arlovski was winning the fight by beating fedor to the punch and being very evasive with his headmovement and footwork

2. Although Arlovski was winning the fight, he only landed 1-3 shots at most to fedor's face

4. If fedor and arlovski fought 100 times, fedor would probably land that punch off a flying knee 1 time only...in that sense, it was "lucky"

5. That being said, if the fight went five rounds, fedor would have a good shot at catching andre with something else and knocking him out

1. Fair statement

2. True statement

3. True statement

4. lol @ calling that extraordinarily accurate punch "lucky". Pull your head outta your ass on this one.

5. True

6. LOL @ the odds being in Andre's faver against Fedor.

Fedor's biggest advantage over Arlovski is the groundgame, im sure over 5 rounds fedor would manage to score a takedown and GnP.

goku - 1. Arlovski was winning the fight by beating fedor to the punch and being very evasive with his headmovement and footwork

My friend...do not confuse fact with assumption.

I have yet to hear Fedor publicly annouce that Arlovski did not hurt him.

Please revise your post and remove #3 from your list.

idiot

TeamRenzo - 

My friend...do not confuse fact with assumption.

I have yet to hear Fedor publicly annouce that Arlovski did not hurt him.

Please revise your post and remove #3 from your list.

“As far as any punches that Andrei landed, I think all of them were just glancing blows and thy really didn’t hit me on the button and I didn’t feel them too much,” said Emelianenko through interpreter Steven Bash.

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/arlovski-regrets-flashy-move-fedor-calls-first-round-even-15927

If you've ever seen Fedor fight before you know that his punching style often looks wild and erratic but is very accurate. I see nothing lucky about striking a man on the button. It would be one thing if we haven't seen him do it, time and again.

And the whole "winning the fight until..." thing is stupid. AA lost the fight, end of story.

He looked good, don't get me wrong. But Fedor won.

These are the facts about Fedor:

1. He is the greatest fighter in the world.

2. Despite being the greatest fighter in the world, he is only human.

3. If he has a long career into his 40s, he will eventually lose. He will age and eventually a smart opponent or trainer will study his tapes enough to find a flaw they can exploit.

4. Even if he loses, it will not change the fact that he was the greatest fighter in the world for a long time, based on his consistency in defeating a wide range of opponents with varying styles.

5. One loss will not mean Fedor is shot, should retire, or ruined his legacy.

The only fact that matters: Fedor knocked Andrei the fuck out and won.

ttt

Fact #7, this thread will not end all Fedor/Arlovsi threads

That is what I was about to type.
Fedor knocked Andrei the fuck out and won

I agree though there is some gray area with number 3, assuming you mean by hurt, in danger of losing you're correct, but he did catch a decent shot prior to baiting AA into his doom.

LOL @ being moved to "What If"

JUST LOL.

Actually upon further review I disagree with number 6, if changed at all AA might get slightly better odds and that's it. I don't see how being brutally KOed by the first real punch landed on you increases your betting odds, and Fedor's punch wasn't as lucky as it was brilliantly timed and placed.