Fake IRS scammers- I want justice served OG

While I didn't fall for the scam myself it seems a lot of vulnerable people have. Got a call around 11am today from a fella with an Indian/Asian accent based in Pullman, Wa- number is 509-592-4910. Actually, the initial call was a recording informing me I was being sued by the IRS. When I called back (cause I'm pissy today and knew this was a scam) some douche tried to convince me this was legit and I was being sued etc. I asked for a name, a supervisor, and an "agent" ID number. Got the runaround and was told I was now speaking to a different guy, the "supervisor". Same idea. I went off a little and they hung up. I called back a few times before they answered again and went through the same hooey. I did some searching during all of this and see this is a well known scam, even the local PD has a page up about it. They demand a payment or else, blah blah blah. I don't like people pulling this on the vulnerable, the elderly, or people with a history of tax issues. I filed a report with the IRS but apparently this isn't easy to shut down. I also called a few other numbers I dredged up that sound like the same "office" in the background. They do like to spar verbally when you call them out, I'll give them that. Anyway, if anybody on the OG has any advice on punishing these fucks without breaking any laws myself I'd love to hear it. Nothing violent, just a plan to resist as a decent citizen that doesn't involve putting anyone innocent in peril. Blue name(s) for anyone legitimately helpful to myself or effective with their own actions. Not much, but fuck these guys and their bullshit. If nothing else, give them a call and see how that works out. Also had some luck with 509-592-4931. Thanks homies, either way.

They spoof their caller id. They often based in other countries like Nigeria. North America hit pretty hard with this scam Phone Post 3.0

NikkoBarro - They spoof their caller id. They often based in other countries like Nigeria. North America hit pretty hard with this scam Phone Post 3.0

But if they spoof it would a call back to the same number still work?

No Phone Post 3.0

Sure OP, I'll help. I just need a few details from you so I can really make a go of it.

Bank details, home address, DOB, copy of your signature, copy of your passport etc should cover it.

NYPA Phone Post 3.0

DomenicVelluso - NYPA Phone Post 3.0

Never said you were.

I consider it my civic duty to keep these fucks on the phone as long as I possibly can... I figure every minute that they waste with someone who is on to their shit is a minute that they don't spend on the phone with some elderly person that might fall for the scam.  Had a guy going from "Microsoft Security" for about 25 minutes trying to explain to me how to hit the Windows key + R at the same time.  "Fucking stupid motherfucker" is apparently the go-to diss in India, as I've gotten that at least 3 different times from 3 different scammers once they realize I am just keeping them on the phone as long as I can.

mixedmartialfarts - 

I consider it my civic duty to keep these fucks on the phone as long as I possibly can... I figure every minute that they waste with someone who is on to their shit is a minute that they don't spend on the phone with some elderly person that might fall for the scam.  Had a guy going from "Microsoft Security" for about 25 minutes trying to explain to me how to hit the Windows key + R at the same time.  "Fucking stupid motherfucker" is apparently the go-to diss in India, as I've gotten that at least 3 different times from 3 different scammers once they realize I am just keeping them on the phone as long as I can.

I like the cut of your jib my friend.

Agree, keep them on the phone. Waste their time.

<blockquote>N0rman - <span id='userPost55184355' class='User-358073'>FYI - you don't notify the IRS about this crap. You notify the Federal Trade Commission. <br /><br />Although there is not much they can do about these international scams that they are not already doing.<br /><br />https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;br />

I ended up here:<br /><br />https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml&lt;br /><br />That's where I filed my useless complaint. I think it was an IRS number that directed me there, but I could be wrong. But thanks for the info.

N0rman - FYI - you don't notify the IRS about this crap. You notify the Federal Trade Commission.

Although there is not much they can do about these international scams that they are not already doing.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

I don't know what happened to my response above, but again:

I ended up at:

https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml

...to file my probably useless report.