Fallout 4 mod - Is the game worth the effort?

I'll post it below, I'm not much of a fallout fan, I was wondering what the OG's thoughts on it were. My initial impression of the vanilla gameplay was just meh, but some of the more recent stuff has been pretty impressive. 

(FWIW, I was a huge skyrim fan, and modded the ever living fuck out of it regularly.)

It looks pretty dope, must admit. 

Looks cool.

I've never modded a game before, does it just change how everything looks? Phone Post 3.0

McBottery - Looks cool.

I've never modded a game before, does it just change how everything looks? Phone Post 3.0
Yeah but there are Tons of mods for everything. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Anybody? Phone Post 3.0

Not really. None of the mods really alter the gameplay.

the top mods that came out before the geck was released are still the top mods and they don't do for FO4 what mods did for Skyrim. 

console player here who wishes he could play with mods.

'Far Harbor' is released @ midnight tonight in case any FO fans & season pass holders are interested.

biggest & the last IIRC.

Jack Carter -

the top mods that came out before the geck was released are still the top mods and they don't do for FO4 what mods did for Skyrim. 

So should I just try modding skyrim instead of Fallout 4?

I don't know man, That video I posted was pretty sick, it changes the landscape entirely. Phone Post 3.0

daglord -

'Far Harbor' is released @ midnight tonight in case any FO fans & season pass holders are interested.

biggest & the last IIRC.

Mods are coming to console!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Jack Carter -

I don't know man, That video I posted was pretty sick, it changes the landscape entirely. Phone Post 3.0

If you thought Fallout 4 was "meh", then it'll still be "meh" with the mods that are out now. The novelty of having a lush, green environment will probably wear off quickly. It's going to be a while until modders release mods that turn the game from "meh" to "this is pretty awesome!".

Shame FO4 was a shitty game. Shitty story, dated as fuck engine. Makes you wonder wtf they been doing since FO3. 

Not worth it. 

Let's just hope Bethesda is listening to the fans and doesn't screw up TES VI

daglord - 

biggest & the last IIRC.

Didn't someone leak a few days ago that there are at least 2 more "workshop" DLCs coming, along with another big one like Far Harbor but in a Disneyworld-type setting (the title was "Nuka World," LOL)

Oh, "Far Harbor"!

I did want to get that one, and if they do another story expansion like that, I'm down for that too.

None So Blind -
daglord - 

biggest & the last IIRC.

Didn't someone leak a few days ago that there are at least 2 more "workshop" DLCs coming, along with another big one like Far Harbor but in a Disneyworld-type setting (the title was "Nuka World," LOL)

Didn't hear that. Hope so. Sounds pretty cool. Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 -
daglord -

biggest & the last IIRC.

Mods are coming to console!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
Good to hear! Phone Post 3.0

Jack Carter -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Jack Carter -

If you thought Fallout 4 was "meh", then it'll still be "meh" with the mods that are out now. The novelty of having a lush, green environment will probably wear off quickly. It's going to be a while until modders release mods that turn the game from "meh" to "this is pretty awesome!".

Ok man, thanks again.

What didn't you like about the game? I played fallout 3 and loved it. Fallout 4 still seemed pretty cool at first, I mean who doesn't like stomping around in a power suit and smashing people's faces in. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

I installed teh mods, console commanded my guy all the way to level 273, and kitted myself out with the best power armor and weapons in the games...

My thoughts? Meh. It's just boring, I didn't understand the criticism until now. I'm thinking about giving skyrim a shot now. Phone Post 3.0