Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3

Now that I’m in to it, I’m digging it, but it’s the same thing with a lot of games today. You have to watch a mini movie first, and then play a tutorial level. It’s a lot.

1 Like

Yeah I probably just need to push through the first few hours until something hooks me.

One thing that turned me off was the talking protagonist. I didn’t like hearing my character’s voice and much preferred the dialogue system in 3 and NV.

1 Like
1 Like

Pretty much - after ~20 tries I just consoled the fucking thing into my inventory to see what the big deal was.

AND IT WAS NOTHING. About as much HP as any other food, no special benefits.

I was pissed, LOL.

1 Like

I wish all RPG games had an option to turn off player voice and go silent protagonist.

Can’t remember how many times I’ve created what I thought was a badass character only to find out after creation that the voice does not match my image at all.

2 Likes

Damn didn’t know there was a FO London mod being made. That looks sick.

2 Likes

I saw another video for a Fallout Miami mod. Maybe it’s out already…idk…

I remember when Jack Carter was pissing in everyone’s cheerios pointing out how it was basically post-apocalyptic far cry. No one wanted to hear it then.

Everyone pretty much admits it now.

#JackCarterwasright.

1 Like

Last I checked it was pretty barren and they’re working on quests and filling with npcs. But that was some time last year

1 Like

I want to know what happened to Jake.

I’m at the point where I can beat NV again. I’ll play the DLCs then but I have to say I actually enjoy Fallout 3 more than NV. I’ll play 4 again after this.

1 Like

I never played at of the NV DLCs before so this adds a lot more to the game. It is still close as to which one I like best. These add ons slighly push NV over 3 for me. I’m just finshing Lonesome Road before finally beating the game again.

1 Like

I have 4 goty edition coming in tomorrow. I’ve never beaten it before.

1 Like

Holy shit wait until you play “Old World Blues”. That DLC is the best thing in any fallout game.

3 Likes

I beat Old World Blues two days ago. It is fucking tremendous. It is also a place to make as many caps as you want as lobotomites respawn with expensive weapons. I have it so I can carry 350 lbs and fast travel no matter how much I am carrying. I would just walk around to kill them, take the loot, and fast travel to the sink to put it in storage. Keep repeating the process until you have your fill, return to the wasteland, and then fast travel to the gun runners. Take their 8,000, wait for 48 hours right in front of it, and repeat the process until you sold it all. Made 150,000 caps doing this and you can go back at any time to have them respawn with those weapons.

Or you can use the Stealthboy trick to empty the gold out of the vault (in the Dead Money expansion) before it closes permanently and carry it all out, leaves you set for money for life :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried using the method of pushing him back as he came down the stairs and putting them on his body but got frustrated after an hour lol. I got 8 bars at least. It is actually more fun though to talk around the MT location killing the lobotomites as I am at level 47 and it will get me to 50 quickly too. I have everything in the game I want at this point.

1 Like

I was so fucking pissed when this happened. I wanted to kill everyone.

2 Likes