False cracks are needed here

This is pretty much just a rant about selfish people and the direction our society seems to be headed.

I just can't stand selfish people. Let me rephrase that. I hate selfish people with a passion.

It seems everyone is concerned with themselves. If you ask them to help you out with something, they immediately think "whats in it for me?" or "how will I benefit from it?". What ever happened to just helping someone out because its the right thing to do? Remember the saying, "do unto others..."?

The reason I am bitching about this is because it seems wherever I turn nowadays, there is a shortage of decent people.

Someone I know is heading a blood drive and you should hear all of the excuses. The majority of the people being asked suddenly are afraid of needles or are taking certain medications that prevent them from donating. Ok, I can understand the medication thing. So no one is willing to step up and give 20 minutes of their time and a little bit of blood.

I propose that on our driver's licenses, there is a section that says whether you are a blood donor or not, just like the organ donor part. If there are 2 people hurt and I look at both of their licenses and one of them is a blood donor and the other isn't, guess who is getting my full, undivided attention (hypothetically of course)?

It'd be only fitting if someone were asked to donate blood and refuses. Then a couple of days later, they get into an accident and need a few units of blood. BUT, they have a rare blood type and there is no blood to give them. Too bad, if they had given their blood a few days earlier, there may have been a supply of their very own blood to help them live.

Ok, now I'm just going on a rant and I have so many more stories of selfishness to share, so I'll stop here.

I just needed to get this off my chest and maybe even inspire someone out there to remember to be a decent human being. The world is full of assholes, so lets not add ourselves to that list.

To all of you selfish bastards out there...consider this note a FALSE CRACK to your muthah fucken chops!!!

Damn I hate giving blood growing up there was certain parts of my childhood where I had to do blood test every week and every time I did it made me feel sick as hell. Ever since I have never been able to give blood mentally. I will be the first to admit it that when it comes to giving blood I am a bitch about it and I would gladly take the false crack then have my blood taken. On a side note I am a organ donor.

I became an organ donor when my sister's brother in law died from an accidental fall - he was an organ donor and we were somehow blessed to know the recipients of his heart and kidneys. They still send Xmas, Mothers & Fathers Day gifts to our family because of his gifts of life, they gained an extra holiday with their families. Scary thing is the recipients starting liking foods that he ate and had engineering aspirations (like he was) not knowing that those were his favorite foods or occupation. He was in his late 20s when he passed - I had to emcee his funeral (so sad).

I also became a bone marrow donor back in the day of Alana Dung I think. Too bad I wasn't a marrow match for an ex-gf who died from leukemia 2 yrs ago when she was pregnant with her 3rd child (they found the cancer in a routine pregnancy check up). She was in her 30s and one of the great loves of my life.

I have to donate blood again soon - last time was @ a drive in the office 3 years ago.
I felt light headed for 30 min but was fine after that.

Let me know when your drive is and I'll try and make it down bro - I'll wear my mouthguard for da false crack medevac

Umm, I'm legitimately quite afraid of Needles. They're basically doorways of bacteria and other unspeakable horrorible things being injected straight into you. No. Fucking. Thank. You.

DOWN WITH SCIENCE! UP WITH MAGIC!

maybe we just don't want to find out we got the BAD aids.

My only problem with giving blood is that hospitals charge a ton to the people receiving blood, but can't pay those giving it. Pretty lame imo, I used to get paid 75$ in the mainland every time I gave blood. That made it worth my time.

I got paid extra because I'm O-neg which is a universal donor, I guess I should be donating since anyone can use my blood.

Mr Anaconda - I became an organ donor when my sister's brother in law died from an accidental fall - he was an organ donor and we were somehow blessed to know the recipients of his heart and kidneys. They still send Xmas, Mothers & Fathers Day gifts to our family because of his gifts of life, they gained an extra holiday with their families. Scary thing is the recipients starting liking foods that he ate and had engineering aspirations (like he was) not knowing that those were his favorite foods or occupation.

That's kinda cool, actually.

I am an organ donor as well because hell, I'm not using the equipment so why not strip me down and help as many people as possible. My wife's family is Catholic and they do not agree for some reason. I am trying to convince them. You could help literally a dozen people or more so why not, you're dead.

Mine is an organ donor? You shall get preferential treatment from me.

Speaking of being a donor, I think we should do an HG sperm donation/party. I'll bring the juice, somebody just needs to bring the hot chicas.

SELFISHNESS! Yah that fukkin works me into a lather too.

This one time i asked a "friend" to help me paint my house, and all he did was come and move the paint sprayer for me.

DAMN!

How do you get from, "friends helping out", and decent people in general, to, "If you don't give your blood and organs you're a douchebag!"?

How do you know how much good someone has done or continues to do for humanity besides being a blood donor? How do you know whether or not someone has hidden medical conditions that prevent them from donating even if they wanted to? How can you judge someone at all based on whether they have a donor card? And worse, how can you "hypothetically" judge two people laying in the street by which one has a donor card?

That kind of inaccurate judgementalism is right on par with the supremely selfish people. I personally know people that have given countless quantities of blood regularly over the course of decades, never accepting a penny for it, and they don't carry around any cards, or tattoo, "I'm a swell person" on their foreheads.

I'm Catholic but I've never heard about not being an organ donor

Then again I don't agree with lots of Roman Catholic dogma like no birth control or premarital sex

I surround myself with decent people so I don't run into this problem often. From time to time I run by a douche bag but eventually they reveal themselves and is out.

Every one wants to take but it's giving that makes us better people.

PS
I take paypal