Famed Boxing Broadcaster Larry Merchant In Critical Condition

I never knew a guy that liked him

There was another time someone tried to grab his mic and he pushed them away. Also when the Golota Bowe riot happened Lampley ran and Merchant stayed and said do you want me to take over.

THis is the video I watched this live.

4 Likes

Here is the Bowe vs Golota Riot. at 38:30 Lampley ran away and Merchant takes over. The guy was an old fucker who probably couldn’t fight but he did have balls lol.

2 Likes

Thoughts and prayers. He was old school, not there to kiss anyone’s ass. And I enjoyed his poetic pontifications.

2 Likes

Larry was an asshole 90 percent of the time, but that’s some gangster shit. Good on him for that.

1 Like

Vin Scully was always respectable, professional and a fan of the players. Merchent was a drunkard(I watched him literally piss all over himself in Reno), unprofessional and a fucking old prick. Him and Jim Gray can both fuck themselves.

2 Likes

I always found him hilarious and enjoyed his commentary.

3 Likes

I liked him as a commentator. That whole HBO boxing after dark was amazing. You would have 3 great fights on one night. It is not like today. I remember there was one card labeled the night of the heavyweights and there was like 3 great heavyweight fights on one card. Amazing we will never see that again which is sad.

I like Larry BECAUSE he is a fucking nutjob, rambling through huge fights and talking massive shit to fighters’ faces when they just wanna thank god or their team. He really shook things up with very little effort

2 Likes

yeah not sure why all the hate?
He was out there giving the hard questions and did not hold back!
The Floyd encounters were great
Will be missed

5 Likes

As much hate as this guy got back in the day

I always enjoyed watching him piss in peoples cereal after a fight

I am a fan

3 Likes

Edit.

Was he the one who told mayweather he’d kick his ass if he was younger after that bitch made cheap shot on ortiz?

2 Likes

I remember watching that live with my dad lol.

Larry was entertaining if nothing else. Even if you hated him.

3 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

I remember he was interviewing Angel Manfredy after he’d just won some alphabet soup title and he concluded the interview by looking at the camera and saying “Welp, everybody’s got a belt.”

LOL what a dick.

1 Like

This is a young Larry Merchant… true story.
IMG_2444
IMG_2445

3 Likes

Angel was a local fighter

He didn’t have a lot of Ammy fights

• under 20

He was out of the Gary Police Athletic League

• the gym had a legendary reputation
1 Like

I rather crazy Larry, over that Cunt Jim Gray.

3 Likes