Family finds $2M in bags on road

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-family-finds-nearly-1m-in-bags-on-road-during-drive

A family suffering from cabin fever due to the coronavirus lockdown in Virginia went out for a drive on Saturday and stumbled upon two bags of cash totaling nearly $1 million, according to a report.

In an almost Hollywood- plot twist, David and Emily Schantz of Caroline County were driving with their children and found the bags lying out in the middle of the street.

The wheels of their pickup drove over what they thought was trash, according to Fox 5 D.C. After stopping and putting the bags in the car, they kept on driving.

It wasn't until they arrived home and examined the contents that they realized the bags were stuffed with cash.

“Inside of the bag, there were plastic baggies and they were addressed with something that said ‘cash vault,’” Schantz told WTVR.

After making the discovery, they reached out to the county sheriff's office. Deputies were then dispatched to their home to investigate. The deputies took inventory of the money and did a full accounting of the bag's contents.

Caroline County Sheriff’s Maj. Scott Moser said authorities have determined where the money was headed, but they're reportedly still trying to find out how it ended up on the road.

Moser did not comment on where the money was going but said the recipients should give the Schantzes a financial reward for their efforts.

“Their actions deserve nothing less,” he said. “They saved someone a lot of money and set a wonderful example for everyone else.”

1 Like

24 Likes

I'd Be in south America faster than you caN say hasta la Vista baby.....and I don't  know or give a fuck what that means.....

2 Likes

You'd never know if I found a bag with a million cash 

15 Likes

Cartels money 

Lets go out for a nice weekend drive (during a quarantine pandemic).  Hey. look!  Someone left some garbage in the road, lets pick it up.  Nah, lets not look in it until we are home.  (after arriving home) oh wow, its a million in cash!  Lets turn it in!

lol.

Mark

4 Likes
Fan of Fanboys -

You'd never know if I found a bag with a million cash 

This.

1 Like

So they found 3 million right?

3 Likes

So they just laundered their own money and get to keep it all? 

The money will be mysteriously lost.  Over the next year the sheriff and deputies will all be driving $70,000 cars.

4 Likes

I’d be a hero when I turned in that bag of 10k.

3 Likes

I think I might have found one bag of money.

2 Likes

That money is insured. Finders keepers!

BRZ -

Cartels money 

That would be my concern. The Gates, Bezos, Buffets of the world aren't rolling around with a bag full of money. But people who do crazy illegal shit do. And they might do some fucked up shit to your family if they find out you kept their money. It doesn't matter that you found it, some of the criminal elements believe if you have whats their's, you stole it 

They had to know it was money when they put it in their car. Who the hell puts what they think is old garbage from the road into their car? They took it and got guilty about it when they got home.

1 Like
sicko -
BRZ -

Cartels money 

That would be my concern. The Gates, Bezos, Buffets of the world aren't rolling around with a bag full of money. But people who do crazy illegal shit do. And they might do some fucked up shit to your family if they find out you kept their money. It doesn't matter that you found it, some of the criminal elements believe if you have whats their's, you stole it 

Do cartels send cash through the post office?

OblongBox -

They had to know it was money when they put it in their car. Who the hell puts what they think is old garbage from the road into their car? They took it and got guilty about it when they got home.

Or maybe they got paranoid they may have been seen

Mark1 - 

Lets go out for a nice weekend drive (during a quarantine pandemic).  Hey. look!  Someone left some garbage in the road, lets pick it up.  Nah, lets not look in it until we are home.  (after arriving home) oh wow, its a million in cash!  Lets turn it in!

lol.

Mark

you must have missed my thread title....

If I found that, I’m not sure I’d ever report it. All Id do is make sure to pay cash for almost everything. I’d keep my job and only pay for major bills out of my paychecks. A million is a lot of money, but it isn’t quit your job and be free and clear for life money. I’d simply pay my bills from my paychecks and have several places where I hid reasonable amounts of cash. 

Well the report said they found where the money was headed but are now trying to find out how it got dropped on the road, so I'm thinking armored truck with the back door not secured.

Could they have kept it and not turned it in and not be found out? Kinda doubt it. Hope they get a big reward.

LOL at 'money will disappear and cops driving $70k cars'.